JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Weather extremes

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2625 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We have finally got our usual winter weather. We got a lot of snow-more than we have had in several years . Our temps are in the "basement" . Here in Fairbanks it was -52 below last night. This is the actual temp, not wind chill. Our high temp today was minus 40 with thick ice fog and tomorrow will be more of the same. Temps like these are very dangerous. Yesterday was the first time I had read Jack London's writing "To Build a Fire". Pretty scary stuff. One can not imagine  these temps unless you experience it. 

44 minutes ago, Agent MOM said:

We have finally got our usual winter weather. We got a lot of snow-more than we have had in several years . Our temps are in the "basement" . Here in Fairbanks it was -52 below last night. This is the actual temp, not wind chill. Our high temp today was minus 40 with thick ice fog and tomorrow will be more of the same. Temps like these are very dangerous. Yesterday was the first time I had read Jack London's writing "To Build a Fire". Pretty scary stuff. One can not imagine  these temps unless you experience it. 

Your post gives me an opportunity to use my polar vortex smilies:

Winter ice tomb.gifWinter shivercicles.gifWinter snowbank.gifWinter see your breath cold.gif

Next time the temp drops below zero here, I shan't complain...so much.^_^

Sending warm wishes your way for warmer weather. 

Winter tongue stuck.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Well, our meeting was cancelled tonight because of the weather, that hasn't happened in years, many years. We are getting wind gusts over 50MPH and it's been raining pretty good. It's not really that bad out but most of the friends live out of town and it would be dangerous for them to get to the KH. So...we'll watch the Hezekiah video as long as our power doesn't go out. :) 

Hey,  you're welcome to come to ours,  we got cancelled Tuesday night because of a propane leak in the Hall.. it's on tonight, 7pm.