JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My ancestry DNA results!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Bro Jack, I am curious about something,  in the two pictures you posted,  the one with your pops and the one with the nope rope, how far apart were these taken?..same day, a month apart, a year apart?..

I'm curious because you look different in them. Looks like you're younger in the top one. The bottom pic looks like you've been working outside for a while,  kinda bulked up a bit...where are you at in the lower shot?a picnic or a car show?..My dad had a '63Chevy truck like the blue one there.  

I'm just being nosy and am curious. ..brothers get that way, you know..lol

On 1/22/2017 at 11:04 PM, Brother Jack said:

:) I was surprised to find out that I also had Asian DNA. I was expecting Native American DNA to show up because one of my great grandmothers was Native American but I guess it died out once I came along.

Actually, they say that Native American shows up as Asian on some DNA results.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:10 PM, Tortuga said:

My sister had Ancestry.com do her test, assuming that we are related and the tests results would be the same, I don't plan to be tested...

It would not be exact unless you are identical twins.  Each child gets 50% of their DNA from each parent, randomly.  Your sister might inherit one part of the DNA and you get a different part.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:10 PM, tekmantwo said:

That is interesting.  I wonder why your great grandmother didn't show up?

I have always made the claim of being part Native American as well. ..:lol:

I have heard that almost everyone in the Southeastern U.S. claims to have some Native American.  

On 1/22/2017 at 11:13 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Was it expensive?

Oh, and I'm assuming that's a dead snake? :scared::scared:

Ancestry usually charges about $99.00 for a test but they often have specials for $79.00.  I took advantage of one of those specials.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:43 PM, Tortuga said:

Well, that would explain a lot...:lol:

I think her results are close enough for me.

As I stated earlier, everyone gets 50% of their DNA from each parent.  It is conceivable (but unlikely) that you might get 50% and your sister would get a totally different 50%.  More than likely there would be overlaps.  This does not include the DNA that all siblings share.  They could tell that you were siblings even if the DNA you inherit would show different ethnicity results.

Edited by Witness1970

My DNA results:

Asia< 1%

• Trace Regions
    < 1%
  • Asia South< 1%

Europe99%

• Scandinavia29%
  • Great Britain25%
  • Ireland20%
  • Europe West11%
  • Italy/Greece9%
  • Trace Regions
    5%
  • Iberian Peninsula2%
  • Europe East2%
  • Finland/Northwest Russia< 1%

My wife's DNA results:

Europe99%

• Great Britain68%
  • Europe West11%
  • Ireland8%
  • Europe East6%
  • Trace Regions
    6%
  • Scandinavia4%
  • Iberian Peninsula1%

Pacific Islander< 1%

• Trace Regions
    < 1%
  • Melanesia< 1%

13 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Bro Jack, I am curious about something,  in the two pictures you posted,  the one with your pops and the one with the nope rope, how far apart were these taken?..same day, a month apart, a year apart?..

I'm curious because you look different in them. Looks like you're younger in the top one. The bottom pic looks like you've been working outside for a while,  kinda bulked up a bit...where are you at in the lower shot?a picnic or a car show?..My dad had a '63Chevy truck like the blue one there.  

In the top

13 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

In the top picture I was 17 and 26 in the other. In the bottom pic, I'm very tan because I was roasting in the Texas sun :lol: in the second pic, I was at a car show. The cars in the background were not the cars in the show. I have always been into lowriders and was in a lowrider car club when I was inactive. I used to build lowrider bikes and a cars. Here's a 1979 Lincoln mark v Cartier that I built some years ago. It was a 32k original mile car and had hydraulics.  

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

And lastly, here's a pic of me with some lowrider buddies when I was in the world... those days are gone. While I still love lowriders and classic cars in general, I try to stay away from them because it's hard for me to be balanced...

IMG_1495.JPG

6 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

I've thought about that since Native Americans came from asia but I've seen videos on YouTube where people's results said specifically Native American. Since ancestry.com let's you also know who your related to, I've had people contact me, sharing their DNA results and they had Native American in their DNA. So it's possible through ancestry to get results that specifically say Native American... I just don't think I have any Native American ancestry.

My DNA results:

Asia< 1%

• Trace Regions

< 1%
  • Asia South< 1%

Europe99%

• Scandinavia29%
  • Great Britain25%
  • Ireland20%
  • Europe West11%
  • Italy/Greece9%
  • Trace Regions

5%
  • Iberian Peninsula2%
  • Europe East2%

My wife's DNA results:

Europe99%

• Great Britain68%
  • Europe West11%
  • Ireland8%
  • Europe East6%
  • Trace Regions

6%
  • Scandinavia4%
  • Iberian Peninsula1%

Pacific Islander< 1%

• Trace Regions

< 1%
  • Melanesia< 1%

You guys are both 99% European. Wow that must be rare. I see you, your wife and I all share DNA from Great Britain, Scandinavia, and the Iberian peninsula... were all related :D I also see your wife and I also have -1% Pacific Islander/Melanesian DNA :)

Ancestry usually charges about $99.00 for a test but they often have specials for $79.00.  I took advantage of one of those specials.

I wish I would have caught one of those specials!

34 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

And lastly, here's a pic of me with some lowrider buddies when I was in the world... those days are gone. While I still love lowriders and classic cars in general, I try to stay away from them because it's hard for me to be balanced...

IMG_1495.JPG

Bro, you do some nice work. ..

When I first started welding back in '72 I lived in Santa Ana CA and our shop did all kinds of work on the lo riders. I have welded so many A-frames I lost count.

We used to take our service truck to Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley and do repairs right there, cash money...several times I left there 2 or 3 hundred bucks fatter than I was when I got there. ..and we would make them buy beer and pizza and beer...

I have assembled many a hydraulic system,  one of the cars I helped build was a 64 2 door Chev, it won in a state competition,  jumped over 72". That was unheard of in the mid '70s....

I bet you're gonna have a nice ride in the not so distant future. ..lol..

It would not be exact unless you are identical twins.  Each child gets 50% of their DNA from each parent, randomly.  Your sister might inherit one part of the DNA and you get a different part.

I have heard that almost everyone in the Southeastern U.S. claims to have some Native American.  

As I stated earlier, everyone gets 50% of their DNA from each parent.  It is conceivable (but unlikely) that you might get 50% and your sister would get a totally different 50%.  More than likely there would be overlaps.  This does not include the DNA that all siblings share.  They could tell that you were siblings even if the DNA you inherit would show different ethnicity results.

I'm not sure if you know this but the hard crusted shellback is my younger brother,  as in same mom and dad brother. ..I was just messing around a little bit in this thread. If you look at my avatar you can see him in the background,  sans shell... 

The part where I claim Native American blood?..Our family is for real relatives of the Custer family, my grandma on pops side was a Custer. The Native blood is a joke... I say that the Indians shot so many arrows into Gen Custer that we just have to have some Indian blood in us, somehow. ..  Yeah,  I know,  pretty lame. Guess you had to be there. ...oh, wait. ...maybe not:indian::cowboy:

48 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Bro, you do some nice work. ..

When I first started welding back in '72 I lived in Santa Ana CA and our shop did all kinds of work on the lo riders. I have welded so many A-frames I lost count.

We used to take our service truck to Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley and do repairs right there, cash money...several times I left there 2 or 3 hundred bucks fatter than I was when I got there. ..and we would make them buy beer and pizza and beer...

I have assembled many a hydraulic system,  one of the cars I helped build was a 64 2 door Chev, it won in a state competition,  jumped over 72". That was unheard of in the mid '70s....

I bet you're gonna have a nice ride in the not so distant future. ..lol..

Oh no I wish I could build a lowrider when it comes to installing hydraulics. I simply just paid to get it built. I did do all the hydraulic maintenance and mechanic work myself though. For the bikes, I would pay to get the frames painted (like the blue one) and buy all the pieces and put them together. Speaking of a 64 chevy, my dream car is a 1964 impala ss hardtop and was planning on doing a frame off restoration/lowrider build on one before I came came to the truth. I almost got a very nice one off of eBay but someone outbid me by a few hundred dollars. I'm actually glad it happened. Yes, if we have cars in the new system, I'll be driving low and slow there lol!

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

I'm not sure if you know this but the hard crusted shellback is my younger brother,  as in same mom and dad brother. ..I was just messing around a little bit in this thread. If you look at my avatar you can see him in the background,  sans shell... 

The part where I claim Native American blood?..Our family is for real relatives of the Custer family, my grandma on pops side was a Custer. The Native blood is a joke... I say that the Indians shot so many arrows into Gen Custer that we just have to have some Indian blood in us, somehow. ..  Yeah,  I know,  pretty lame. Guess you had to be there. ...oh, wait. ...maybe not:indian::cowboy:

I've noticed you and tortuga joking about Custer and the acupuncture thing with arrows.  I did not know that you were fleshly brothers.

yo Brother Jack, those white sidewalls on your bike and your Cons are cool   ...   thanks for letting me know that " In the lowriding world, wide white walls are not cool unless they are on cars from the 50s or older."     ...   but they sure do look kewl on that tricked bike!

Edited by trottigy

14 hours ago, timpin said:

yo Brother Jack, those white sidewalls on your bike and your Cons are cool   ...   thanks for letting me know that " In the lowriding world, wide white walls are not cool unless they are on cars from the 50s or older."     ...   but they sure do look kewl on that tricked bike!

The white walls that were on the tires it originally came with were a bit wider.

IMG_1501.JPG

3 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

The white walls that were on the tires it originally came with were a bit wider.

IMG_1501.JPG

love that FAT Tri-blade in the rear    ...   Continental kit on the blue Caddy in the garage looks dope too as well as the custom paint on the deck

Edited by timpin

37 minutes ago, timpin said:

love that FAT Tri-blade in the rear    ...   Continental kit on the blue Caddy in the garage looks dope too as well as the custom paint on the deck

I don't see that on the DNA test results...:confused:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37 minutes ago, timpin said:

I liked those vents as well and they actually served a purpose. Unlike those fake "vents" people put on their cars, those vents actually let out hot air from the engine bay. That cadillac wasn't mine, but belonged to a friend of mine. It had chrome undercarriage and a painted belly and frame. I prefer plain, more traditional paint jobs but it was nice and fun to ride in. Here's some pics of it.

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't see that on the DNA test results...:confused:

Lol yeah we're getting way off topic. But it's my fault. I started it.