JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Name a movie quote that gives away the film WITHOUT saying the title

"All my life, i had to fight. I had to fight my daddy, I had to fight my brothers. I had to fight my cousins and my uncles. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men......i love Harpo, God knowsI do. But i will kill him dead before i let him beat me.

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

"All my life, i had to fight. I had to fight my daddy, I had to fight my brothers. I had to fight my cousins and my uncles. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men......i love Harpo, God knowsI do. But i will kill him dead before i let him beat me.

The Color Purple. 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 2:32 AM, Bjern said:

"For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me."
"I don't eat junk food."

Ice Age (2002)

Sid/John Leguizamo: For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me.

Diego/Denis Leary: I don't eat junk food.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 2 weeks later...

"My pride?  My pride?  I don't want my pride!...here's a clue...

"Though nothing can bring back the

hour of splendor in the grass, glory in 

the flower, we will grieve not; rather

find strength in what remains behind."

Edited by nanceebgd46

edit

This one is still waiting to be named - here are a couple more quotes:

Yeah. I'd say, like, you and a vicious ice cream headache are probably neck and neck.

Self-interest. I, I've been watching you out of my office for such a long time. The other day, I gathered up the nerve to actually speak to you. I made a fool out of myself, but I thought, "Hey, I'll, I'll have another chance to speak to you some day, right?" But then you... well.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

both from same movie

Fiorello: [Disguised as one of the world's greatest aviators] So now I tell you how we fly to America. The first time we started we got-a half way there when we run out a gasoline, and we gotta go back. Then I take-a twice as much gasoline. This time we're just about to land, maybe three feet, when what do you think: we run out of gasoline again. And-a back-a we go again to get-a more gas. This time I take-a plenty gas. Well, we get-a half way over, when what do you think happens: we forgot-a the airplane. So, we gotta sit down and we talk it over. Then I get-a the great idea. We no take-a gasoline, we no take-a the airplane. We take steamship, and that, friends, is how we fly across the ocean.

Lassparri: Never in my life have I received such treatment. They threw an apple at me.

Otis B. Driftwood: Well, watermelons are out of season.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

"My pride?  My Pride?  I don't want my pride!   Wilma Dean...aka...Deanie...played by actress Natalie Wood...released 1961

Bud...played by actor Warren Beatty.

"Though nothing can bring back the                     Movie Title..."Splendor in the Grass." ...

hour of splendor in the grass, glory in 

the flower, we will grieve not; rather

find strength in what remains behind."

Edited by nanceebgd46