JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Just See Yourself..." a book by Thomas Walker

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

"Imagine a baseball team with all the top All-Stars of history.”

>:D<

It's funny that we think of famous artists, musicians, singers coming back but I had never thought of an All-Star baseball team of famous ball players. What a great idea! 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

How to download on kindle?
Any links pls...

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Go here and download the MOBI version: http://justseemetoo.blogspot.com/p/download-book.html  

Then follow these directions:

http://www.epubor.com/transfer-books-to-kindle-kindle-fire-hd-paperwhite-kindle-for-androidipad-app-from-pcmac.html

41 minutes ago, Musky said:

Thank you for the epub version Thomas! :)

Yes!  YES_Thumbs up jumping.GIF

Thanks for the epub download, Brother Walker!!!Thank You swing around sign pole.gif

There is a 'speak out' feature on my Aldiko app and

I am currently listening to your brilliant book all over again...while I'm housecleaning.^_^

Can also listen while I'm driving...whilst waiting for appointments...anytime...anywhere.Grin Big.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

The pioneers have spent hours debating the finer points of 'what-if' that were raised,

"He toasted the room in general."

”Alec returned the toast."

Did they discuss this part? :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

160 pages forward now and still hooked!

I could pick on minor things that are not to my taste (money aspect etc) but I do read books for entertainment not for picking!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Got it about 3:00 today, couldn't put it down. Ipad says I am 75% done. Have a talk tomorrow morning or I would stay up and finish it.

Signed my wife up with Kindle Reader and Amazon and she is about 100 pages behind me, sniffling all the way.:) :cry::lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

160 pages forward now and still hooked!

I could pick on minor things that are not to my taste (money aspect etc) but I do read books for entertainment not for picking!

This is one of the most common points that readers actually disagree with. I'd like to take the opportunity to explain why I put it in.

The reasoning for it is that money will still be practical, if not necessary.

There has never been any version of human society that wasn't determined to overcome scarcity. Every single culture has been wrapped around the acquisition of something. In many places, that something is still as simple as food and water. Other places, it's oil and gold. 

But in Paradise, all the basic needs are met. Food, water, clothing, housing. All provided in full. We know that. It's promised in scripture. There's none of the cost-of-living stresses of the day.

But in my story, pretty much everyone also takes advantage of eternal life to pursue a passion. Restoring antique planes, mastering an instrument, etc. These are things we'll be able to provide for ourselves.

There has never been a post-scarcity society. I figured that old fashioned barter will take care of a lot, but for a planet full of people who are all brothers, even across the world, each with interests and passions as varied as the people are themselves, there will be no reason not to have some kind of economy. It won't be one where people are exploited or poverty-stricken, but barter won't do it all the time.

To use Hugh as an example: If he needs a very specific part for his plane, and can only find one left; what if it's being held by someone he's never met? What could he have that the other guy wants? How is he to ship his barter across the world?

Without that part, he will still never fear going without anything he really needs, but having a currency of some kind? It's not necessary, but it's practical. How many times in my story did I even mention money? It's a useful thing, but nobody needs it.

Put aside a coin a month, and after a hundred years, a thousand, then thousand, a million; nobody will have to 'love money' to have an abundance. And if nobody has greed in their hearts, then money stays where it belongs: A servant, instead of a master.

And, once again, this was just my reasoning. If I was wrong, I look forward to finding out!

29 minutes ago, Old said:

Got it about 3:00 today, couldn't put it down. Ipad says I am 75% done. Have a talk tomorrow morning or I would stay up and finish it.

Signed my wife up with Kindle Reader and Amazon and she is about 100 pages behind me, sniffling all the way.:) :cry::lol:

In the good way, I hope. :blush:

You all are reading it a lot faster than I do, and I wrote it. LOL.

Still, I'm thankful to everyone for all the kind words.

Edited by Thomas Walker

I'm almost finished and I love it!

I think it's a great story and I love your writing.

You have some interesting and logical ideas about life in the New System.

I really think this one was interesting..

Spoiler

When Nick was resurrected and didn't accept the truth, he started growing older. When someone is resurrected and doesn't accept the truth but doesn't do anything wrong, I always thought Jehovah would read the heart and eventually the person would disappear but I like your idea better, Jehovah may let them grow old and die. Their visible age would be a warning to everyone else that they are not baptized, yet they have their whole life to make their choice. What's a 100 years compared to eternity?

On 2/15/2017 at 1:41 PM, Thomas Walker said:

A Story Thousands of Years In The Making! 

Do we have to wait a thousand years for your next book? 

:)

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Do we have to wait a thousand years for your next book? 

:)

Not that long. To be honest, I hadn't planned a second, but it's the only thing people in my Cong want to know. ;-)

I'm currently working on a book that's not related to the JW's at all, and when it's done, I'll do a second New System story.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

You have some interesting and logical ideas about life in the New System.

I really think this one was interesting..

I searched all over the place looking for a straight answer on that once. This is what I came up with, based on history: When Adam and Eve sinned, they didn't die right away, but they immediately lost their 'ageless' status. Also, for the first thousand years, we won't be perfect yet either, so we'll need correction. Aging would be a way for people to see very clearly when they, or others, needed to adjust their course.

I have noticed a couple of errors with wrong name - I think about 3 or 4 times. Will look them up and reference them for you. They are in HTML version. Chpt 16 you put Kasumi instead of Megan in one place. Not sure but I think it was chpt 6 you switched Nick & Hugh a couple of times.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

37 minutes ago, pnutts said:

I have noticed a couple of errors with wrong name - I think about 3 or 4 times. Will look them up and reference them for you. They are in HTML version. Chpt 16 you put Kasumi instead of Megan in one place. Not sure but I think it was chpt 6 you switched Nick & Hugh a couple of times.

Sorry, my fault. The blog has been up for a while, and the Amazon version is much newer. As a result, whenever I found typos, I focused on correcting them in the ebook version than the blog.

Edited by Thomas Walker