JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1389 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Amazon had them this morning; International Global Stamps 17.95 for 10....32.40 for 20. 

If you have Prime they arrive within 2 days.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Since I'm in Canada, I didn't want to leave its arrival to chance.  I paid the extra for the registered mail, although the cost to ensure its delivery by March 29, 2017 would have been $83 I didn't have it :'( and they also asked for a phone number of the individual, as it was mandatory.  I would have paid it, had I had it.  My brothers and sisters are worth MORE than this. 

In the end to go from Edmonton to Russia, it was a little over $20 for registered mail, where I asked too for a signature of receipt.  I want to ensure it gets to where it's going.  I sent mine to the Minister of Justice.  I know he's the one who has control over who files the order, and so it is to him I am appealing.

9 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

Since I'm in Canada, I didn't want to leave its arrival to chance.  I paid the extra for the registered mail, although the cost to ensure its delivery by March 29, 2017 would have been $83 I didn't have it :'( and they also asked for a phone number of the individual, as it was mandatory.  I would have paid it, had I had it.  My brothers and sisters are worth MORE than this. 

Sharon dear,

Jehovah is well pleased with the sacrifice you have made in connection with his name! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not beat yourself up for not being able to send it via next-day service. You have done your best and we are all very proud of you!!  Your willingness to give your very last coin for your dear brothers and sisters and for Jehovah has not gone without notice! The letter will get there and the witness will be given!  Jehovah has commissioned this work knowing full well that his servants from all corners of the world would respond to his call. He will make it happen! 

Like someone said in one of the earliest posts, if it takes a miracle to get all our letters in in good time, then so be it!

:flowers:

10 minutes ago, juliansan said:

Some of my classmates asked me if they could also participate in the campaign. They visited our meeting already and can write in the letter how they personally benefited from the meeting and our publications :D . I sent them the link. 

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!

46 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I was mentioning this to a sister I was with who walked with me to the post office, that if everyone who had attended the memorial also got involved that would be over 20 million letters, I sent it to my study too. 

X 6....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, JudyO said:

Does anyone know how much first class postage is from USA to Russia?

In the USA International forever stamp it is 1.15 for 1 oz letter.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

2 hours ago, morningdove said:

Amazon had them this morning; International Global Stamps 17.95 for 10....32.40 for 20. 

If you have Prime they arrive within 2 days.

I just called the post office.  They sell sheets of 10 for $11.50  That's in Oregon if it matters.

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

I really need help can someone share an example in my inbox? I don't know where to start!:blink:

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I wouldn't worry about whether or not our letters get there "on time." The directive from the FDS is that they be mailed no later than April 1. There is no doubt they are aware of the time constraints, that the date for the court hearing is April 5, and that many (or most) of the letters will not get there by then. Does that matter?

Because of all the recent developments we have heard in the media, such as not notifying the Administrative Centre of Jehovah's Witnesses before filing their claim to the court, it would seem the authorities there are determined to ban our work there no matter what! So what does the GB have in mind? Perhaps they know our work will be banned by the time the letters get there. Those authorities who will have banned our work by that time will feel their work is done and that's the end of it. But there will still be more letters pouring in, maybe even for several weeks or months after the court's decision to ban us! What will that sheer volume of mail tell those authorities? When they see all those many thousands or millions of pieces of mail, whether they read them all or not, perhaps they will realize it's more than just 170,000 of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia who are closely watching them. And of course, we shouldn't forget that Forum 18 has been exposing their shenanigans to the world, and the UN Human Rights Council has already condemned their treatment of our brothers in Russia. All those letters will serve as a reminder that it's the entire world that has its eye on them. Maybe then they will have second thoughts and reconsider what they have done. The possibilities are endless.

We, including all of the brotherhood around the world, but especially our dear brothers and sisters in Russia, should never be anxious or worry about the outcome of this. Would we ever think that Jehovah is worried about any of this, wondering how it's going to turn out? Of course not! He is at absolute peace right at this moment, knowing full well that His purpose will be carried out everywhere on earth, including Russia, no matter who may appear to be standing in the way of it!

>:D<

I hope this is just Phase 1 of the letter campaign..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Old said:

Answers to questions about bulk mail can be found here (USPS site)

http://pe.usps.com/BusinessMail101?ViewName=WhatIsBulkMail

I think individual mailings will cary more weight.

The BOE found out there isn't a Bulk Mail option for International mail. So the individual letters will be sent individually.

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

>:D<

I hope this is just Phase 1 of the letter campaign..

It's also possible that the court date, the case against us, may be postponed.  It might be that it doesn't happen on April 5 but the Russian temporary authority will be getting tons of letters anyways. ..

33 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I wouldn't worry about whether or not our letters get there "on time." The directive from the FDS is that they be mailed no later than April 1. There is no doubt they are aware of the time constraints, that the date for the court hearing is April 5, and that many (or most) of the letters will not get there by then. Does that matter?

Because of all the recent developments we have heard in the media, such as not notifying the Administrative Centre of Jehovah's Witnesses before filing their claim to the court, it would seem the authorities there are determined to ban our work there no matter what! So what does the GB have in mind? Perhaps they know our work will be banned by the time the letters get there. Those authorities who will have banned our work by that time will feel their work is done and that's the end of it. But there will still be more letters pouring in, maybe even for several weeks or months after the court's decision to ban us! What will that sheer volume of mail tell those authorities? When they see all those many thousands or millions of pieces of mail, whether they read them all or not, perhaps they will realize it's more than just 170,000 of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia who are closely watching them. And of course, we shouldn't forget that Forum 18 has been exposing their shenanigans to the world, and the UN Human Rights Council has already condemned their treatment of our brothers in Russia. All those letters will serve as a reminder that it's the entire world that has its eye on them. Maybe then they will have second thoughts and reconsider what they have done. The possibilities are endless.

We, including all of the brotherhood around the world, but especially our dear brothers and sisters in Russia, should never be anxious or worry about the outcome of this. Would we ever think that Jehovah is worried about any of this, wondering how it's going to turn out? Of course not! He is at absolute peace right at this moment, knowing full well that His purpose will be carried out everywhere on earth, including Russia, no matter who may appear to be standing in the way of it!

A brother in Ecuador said they have been given the option to mail the letters to the Russian Embassy in Quito, Ecuador. (The international mailing rates to Russia are prohibitive and slow, the the letters might not get there by April 5th), and to check with your elders  to see if they have any additional instructions for your country).

Does anyone from Ecuador know anything about this?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

My wife and I were just sitting down to do our Watchtower study and we were still talking about the letter writing. She made a great suggestion that we could print a copy of each letter and place them in our Theocratic remembrance binder. Great idea!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

12 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I'm hoping they throw the case out and leave the brothers & sisters alone!..

Unfortunately they haven't been inclined to do that in the past..

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011522

Edited by Tortuga