JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1389 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is an example of a letter we wrote to hitler in the proclaimers book and Brother Underwood has an example on his facebook page.

Myself I used the guidelines from the download and appealed to the Minister of Justice. 

My husband says we should ALL go stand in front each of the Russian consulates worldwide.  LOL

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

18 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

There is an example of a letter we wrote to hitler in the proclaimers book and Brother Underwood has an example on his facebook page.

Myself I used the guidelines from the download and appealed to the Minister of Justice. 

My husband says we should ALL go stand in front each of the Russian consulates worldwide.  LOL

I don't have a proclaimers book but I would love to see a copy of that letter!

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

It may be that they still go ahead & ban us out there in Russia, but can you imagine the sheer amount of mail arriving for the authorities & the strengthening effect it will have on our dear brothers & sisters! Knowing that millions of us are taking part & are right with them will in effect help them & strengthen them to face with courage what may happen. (I know I would be overwhelmed to see such support) let's not worry of the outcome, knowing Jehovah has full control of things....my six letters are being posted in the morning. :-)

My first six are gone, Tom is very apprehensive as it's the first letter he's written in over 28 years, so I'll be helping him by typing what he dictates and he can sign it. 

The Postal clerk looked at me .. but never said anything ... I wonder what they will all think over the next week?

I peronsally think that we should not worry about whether our letters get there on time, if an energy drink can give us wings, imagine how much quicker our letters can fly with Jehovah's spirit behind them.  

I'm looking forward to hearing experiences and looking for news items, so if any news comes out from your region let us know!

Which ever waythis goes, and it can go either way according to Jehovah's will, I am thankful that we are all able to stand up as  a united family to show our love for our God and our brothers and sisters.

You are all incredible. xxx

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

45 minutes ago, Audj said:

My husband was concerned about putting our return address on the envelopes! 

I would say its those return addresses that will give a fine witness, I can't imagine them reading the whole lot .. the first few thousand will give them the idea, but imagine the witness when they see the return address from all over the world?  Don't be afraid ... doing 'just so' put us under Jehovah's protection even if it does create hardship in the interim.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I wrote to all six officials.  i think the return addresses are important, it shows these officials that ALL countries around the world know what they are doing! They can't hide their dirty little secrets with propaganda anymore! They are being put on notice!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

8 hours ago, shinitchi07 said:

Here in the Philippines, we are doing an arrangement of writing letters individually and sending it in package to save us freight cost. We will be using DHL. It will cost us only about 52USD per 500grms parcel or about 17 letters. And about 68USD for 1kg parcel ,about 34 letters. They said that it will arrive in Russia in 3 days. And we all agreed to send it to the Chairman of the Supreme Court since it will be in the same package. 

I dont know that brother Ephraim, so thank you :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

3 minutes ago, shali said:

I was impressed with the 9 minute video Br. Sanderson did about this - he seamlessly went from English to Russian and spoke both languages so fluently!!  He really has a knack for languages.

I was really moved by his address. Its been very difficult to not tear up over this.  I am just sick at heart over this and have been petitioning Jehovah too on their behalf.  I think of our dear ones from Russia and the fines, the beatings, the persecution.  I know Jesus endured this too, as do is all, but many of us never to this extent.  May Jehovah repay them for what they even intend to do.  

7 minutes ago, shali said:

For those of us in the states who have sent their letters, how much did it cost you?

Im in Canada, requested registered mail so it doesnt get 'lost' that was a little over $20.  

Yet maybe that wasnt needed.  I just wanted it there before the 5th.  It matters in my line of work to receive legal docs on time, and in some cases we ignore a request as abandoned if not on time due to legislation.

16 minutes ago, shali said:

For those of us in the states who have sent their letters, how much did it cost you?

Come on Shali read the posts. $1.15, $1.15, $1.15 or $1.20.

Shali are you there, knock knock. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Just now, Old said:

Come on Shali read the posts. $1.15, $1.15, $1.15 or $1.20.

Shali are you there, knock knock. :)

I was not about to go back and read 13 pages of this forum when I knew someone would rather chastise me for not doing so but answer my question anyways! Thanks for being so predictable!!!LOL Besides, I have better things to do with my time, like write letters to Russian officials! 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I was not about to go back and read 13 pages of this forum when I knew someone would rather chastise me for not doing so but answer my question anyways! Thanks for being so predictable!!!LOL Besides, I have better things to do with my time, like write letters to Russian officials! 

46 minutes ago, shali said:

Almost gotcha, we love you here. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The post ladies got a good witness yesterday. In our small little town in Somerset, England. A large portion of our congregation sent their letters. The local post office was panicking because they were extremely low on "air mail" stamps due to all the letters to Russia. Many of the brothers and sisters witnessed to the ladies in the post office and even the workers expressed how bad it was that we were maybe going to be banned in Russia. They asked if there was going to be "any more letters tomorrow". My wife informed them "probably, we have 8 million of us taking part"

No matter what the decision on the 5th April. The strength and reassurance that I hope this gives our Russian brothers and sisters will be worth it in itself. I am looking forward to the news picking this up. This will eclipse the biggest ever petition of 4.9million in November last year and amnesty internationals 2.3million letter campaign in 2013. This should Dwarf those campaigns.

The spotlight will be bright on the Russian authorities. And virtually every country on Earth will be involved. What a great time to be part of the worldwide brotherhood.

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I wonder how many non-witnesses will see this on JW.Org and decide to participate.

Non-witnesses will see in the US the USPS Office probably bragging of a spike in stamp income. We have 1+ million witnesses here. A stamp to Russia from the east cost is 1.15. So one letter will mean +1.15 million in stamp sales. Imagine six letters. It will might but a strain on the USP offices (maybe not, they deal with holiday post cards and gifts), but Russia will get more from other countries. With Jah's blessing and will it will be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSAQPYVBasW52PX9Vw1S1OOiIBeLjLvnnQVa4c0/

I have this news clip I found from a brother. She's speaking in spanish saying how it's a shame and embarrassment what Russia is doing to Jehovah's Witnesses. It's picking up! I think soon it will be on every news station. How can it not be with 48+ million letters suddenly being sent to Russia about this awful situation. I think Russia is going to be very uncomfortable having all eyes on them...