JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1363 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That's what it was when I printed the instructions yesterday morning so the tweak must have been there then. Nice one. I am picturing all the mail flying along the jetstream of Jehovah's holy spirit. What a sight for the angels. Let's hope it's all sorted by the Memorial for Russia.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, JudyO said:

Please note that the download instructions say that the addresses have been updated today, March 23, to adjust for expedited delivery to Russia.

I downloaded the instructions this morning. Do I have to readdress everything?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 minute ago, shali said:

I wish we could do the same for our brothers and sister s in Eritrea!

I do too Brigette, but that tyrant in power is a whole other dinosaur! (My heart still aches for Bros. Paulos, Issac, Negede and the others; especially the sisters with their children.)

1 minute ago, shali said:

This time, it's the quanity, not the quality that counts.

No ... quality should always be there my darling, even though I suspect the majority won't be read, we don't know which ones will be, so we have to give our best to Jehovah whether its read or not. That been said, someone's best because of limited writing/academic skills may be of a lesser calibre than anothers, as far as that goes, it's all equal in Jehovah's eyes. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I do too Brigette, but that tyrant in power is a whole other dinosaur! (My heart still aches for Bros. Paulos, Issac, Negede and the others; especially the sisters with their children.)

This may set a precedent though if it goes well .. maybe? Or it may move things into overdrive and have it sorted in another way. Very interested to see what results.

Jehovah could take care of this situation without our help but he dignifies us by allowing us to help our brothers and sisters  this way and to back up our prayers with real action!  Jehovah is a God like no other, he allows us to elevate each other and to show each other how much we care even though we don't  personally know each other.  That is what keeps our love in this brotherhood alive.

Just now, shali said:

Jehovah could take care of this situation without our help but he dignifies us by allowing us to help our brothers and sisters  this way and to back up our prayers with real action!  Jehovah is a God like no other, he allows us to elevate each other and to show each other how much we care even though we don't  personally know each other.  That is what keeps our love in this brotherhood alive.

And our faith , as you mentioned before, even stronger. I wonder where we all will be this time next year?

I keep thinking of this scripture...

“. . .He continued: “Take the arrows,” and he took them. Then he said to the king of Israel: “Strike the ground.” So he struck the ground three times and stopped.” 2 Kings 13:18

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

No ... quality should always be there my darling, even though I suspect the majority won't be read, we don't know which ones will be, so we have to give our best to Jehovah whether its read or not. That been said, someone's best because of limited writing/academic skills may be of a lesser calibre than anothers, as far as that goes, it's all equal in Jehovah's eyes. 

I was trying to make the point that whatever heartfelt letter was written, it could be sent to all six Russian officials. No official would realize that he had gotten the same one as the other six with hundreds of thousands of letters flooding in, maybe millions. So write one heartfelt letter and send the same one to all six. Quanity!!!

The letter read in tonight's meeting was basically some info that is already in the site and the organization asking for our help and prayers.

An elder printed some copies of the instructions, and we had some envelopes.

I liked the ending part of the letter highlighting this scripture:
17 No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

I just checked Canadian postage for  International it's $2.50. Per letter ....US postage has always been more reasonable than Canadian ..... special deliveries range much higher as Sharon can clarify . Regardless we do it and happy to help any way we can. 

I wanted to send a scarf to a relative in Finland I think the scarf cost $10.00 and postage was over $20.00 and that was snail mail.  Typically Canadian we always pay more :(

Here are some heading that I received from Friend on another site.

The Honorable Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

President of Russia

23 Ilyinka Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency

Viacheslav Mikhailovich Lebedev

Supreme Court of Russian Federation

15 Povarskaya Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

Dear Mr. Lebedev

Sergey Viktorovich Lavrov

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation

32/34 Smolenskaya-Sennaya Square

Moscow

Russian Federation

Dear Minister:

Alexander Vladimirovich Konovalov

Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation

14 Zhitnaya Str.

Moscow

Russian Federation

GSP-1

Dear Minister:

The Honorable Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev

Prime Minister of Russia

2 Krasnopresnenskaya Naberezhnaya

Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency

Yury Yakovlevich Chayka

Prosecutor General’s Office of the

Russian Federation

15A Bolshaya Dmitrovka Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

GSP-3

Dear Mr Chayka:

Prime Minister of Russia

Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency:

Todays' text (Friday)...how fitting as we show love and support for our beloved Russian family! :bible2: :)

Let your brotherly love continue.—Heb. 13:1.

What does it mean for us to show brotherly love? The Greek term used by Paul, phi·la·del·phiʹa, literally means “affection for a brother.” Brotherly love is the type of affection that involves a strong, warm, personal attachment, such as to a family member or a close friend. (John 11:36) We do not pretend to be brothers and sisters—we are brothers and sisters. (Matt. 23:8) Our strong feeling of attachment to one another is summed up nicely in these words: “In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead.” (Rom. 12:10) Combined with principled love, a·gaʹpe, this type of love promotes close companionship among God’s people. Christianity embraces all believers, no matter what their nationality. (Rom. 10:12) As brothers, we have been taught by Jehovah to have brotherly affection for one another.—1 Thess. 4:9. w16.01 1:5, 6

1 hour ago, patkatt1 said:

Just an fyi....

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet...

But there has been a slight adjustment in how the letters are to be addressed..to speed up delivery.  If you go to the pdf file, instructions, the words RUSSIAN FEDERATION is now at the bottom of the envelope all in caps...

The brothers in our hall said if we had already addressed them no problem. I was grateful!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

50 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

True enough ...and who knows the results of this may put us all in a similar situation - will have to wait and see.

I have wondered if there will be repercussions for all of us from this too, Mandi.  The timing is fascinating .... and maybe it will bring the King of the North out of his back rooms and on to his throne!! ??  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Lol. !! Was just looking somewhere probably youtube, i think the biggest letter campaign that holds the record is something like 3.4 million for Amnesty International - could be wrong though. But if that made the world sit up and look, this is most certainly going to make our God's name shine. 

Ps 83:18 - That ALL may know your name is Jehovah.

This could easily be the biggest letter writing campaign thus far in history ~ what a witness that will be! And it feels great to be part of this historical moment! :D I wonder if the Guinness World Records takes notice of this sort of thing as well? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Cort24 said:

Here are some heading that I received from Friend on another site.

The Honorable Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

President of Russia

23 Ilyinka Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency

Viacheslav Mikhailovich Lebedev

Supreme Court of Russian Federation

15 Povarskaya Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

Dear Mr. Lebedev

Sergey Viktorovich Lavrov

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation

32/34 Smolenskaya-Sennaya Square

Moscow

Russian Federation

Dear Minister:

Alexander Vladimirovich Konovalov

Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation

14 Zhitnaya Str.

Moscow

Russian Federation

GSP-1

Dear Minister:

Prime Minister of Russia

Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency

Yury Yakovlevich Chayka

Prosecutor General’s Office of the

Russian Federation

15A Bolshaya Dmitrovka Str. Moscow

Russian Federation

GSP-3

Dear Mr Chayka:

Prime Minister of Russia

Moscow

Russian Federation

Your Excellency:

These addresses have now been slightly updated on JW.org.  Those headings are interesting  ... I have just written 'Dear Sir'.   :) 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

I have wondered if there will be repercussions for all of us from this too, Mandi.  The timing is fascinating .... and maybe it will bring the King of the North out of his back rooms and on to his throne!! ??  

Well, logically its going to go one of two ways. Both will have good results, one now, and the other through endurance and loyalty.

Thinking on this, of course we want relief for our brothers and sisters in Russia first and foremost, but if it goes the other way, then let it go that way for all of us ... it has to sooner or later.

Edited by Stormswift

12 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Well, logically its going to go one of two ways. Both will have good results, one now, and the other through endurance and loyalty.

Thinking on this, of course we want relief for our brothers and sisters in Russia first and foremost, but if it goes the other way, then let it go that way for all of us ... it has to sooner or later.

This I know. Whatever happens, I am so grateful to Jehovah for allowing me to be a part of it. If this ends up a part of something, "big", I will feel so blessed to have been a part of it! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!