JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1384 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What foolishness... they call this a court case .. so sad.

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

jw-russia.org: https://jw-russia.org/news/18043012-306.html

Summary: What do they want to take from Jehovah's Witnesses in Solnechny?
30 April 2018

2-minute video review of property in the suburbs of St. Petersburg, which the prosecutor's office, in violation of the basic principles of the inviolability of private property, is trying to take away from a large foreign association.

St. Petersburg, the village of Solnechnoye. Here was located the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. 10 hectares of landscaped territory, 14 buildings with a total area of 33,000 square meters. The complex was built in 1997 by volunteers. Since 2000, the property right belongs to the Society of the Watchtower, Bibles and Treatises of Pennsylvania. During this time, the "Society" paid about 190,000,000 rubles of taxes to the budget of the Russian Federation. The Russian authorities intend to withdraw this property from a foreign organization. Appeal hearing in the St. Petersburg City Court is scheduled for May 3, 2018.

The music from the video alone is powerful and authoritative; please take a listen!

(Indeed, the Branch is not taking lightly the tactics of the RF!)

Edited by Omoyeme

I feel so sorry for all the suffering our friends are enduring.  May Jah help all those suffering to find a way out.   When we first began writing letters to Russia I was able to read the Russian Jw.org in English does anyone know how to do that again?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Try Google translate for Chrome .. Download

I feel so sorry for all the suffering our friends are enduring.  May Jah help all those suffering to find a way out.   When we first began writing letters to Russia I was able to read the Russian Jw.org in English does anyone know how to do that again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Gi-Gi said:

Another way - if you are unable download Chrome - is to go to: https://translate.google.com/

In the FIRST BOX type the words you want to translate or in the case of a website - cut & paste the address there

choose your language in the SECOND BOX (mine defaults to English but you can choose any language) and click on TRANSLATE 

Hope that works for you. :)

During the Supreme Court hearing, the Russian government claimed that although it was liquidating the legal entities of Jehovah’s Witnesses, individual Witnesses would be free to practice their faith. However, the government’s claim is inconsistent with its actions.

I wonder if some brothers and sisters were counting on that statement as being truthful when the ban came into force. Perhaps they stayed in the country rather than fleeing, thinking they could still practice their faith anyway. Russia's reputation as being truthful is already ruined, and they don't seem to care! So, what's next? Arrest anyone who is only suspected of being a Witness?

In what appears to be a coordinated campaign, special police forces (OMON), at times wearing masks and carrying machine guns, raided Witnesses’ homes, pointed guns at them, and detained both young and old for interrogations.

They needed the machine guns for when we fight back?

In another case, an officer told a victim: “We are ridding the earth of you.”

Where have I heard that before? (Hitler: "This brood will be exterminated in Germany!" Duplessis: "War without mercy on the witnesses of Jehovah.") (Insert your own comment here.)

Edited by Sheep

Nice article.  Fairly fair...except for this part:

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses still attach a great importance to dates. Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are filled with foreboding, as April 20, the day the Russian Supreme Court first ruled against them, is also the birthday of Adolf Hitler.

Say whaaaaaaaat?:wacko:

:confused:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I was at my assembly last weekend and in several talks, the brothers kept mentioning Proverbs 22:3, and Psalms 18:26 can this have a bearing on being alert during the end of this system of things?   Someone like Eric the Sheep, mentioned (in here) that perhaps some friends (in Russia) may have been counting on the statement that Russia made after taking the offices and land of Jehovah's organization that they would still be able to continue doing what they do, the ministry.    You can't trust any written statement put out by these people.    They are in the hands of God now,  we're praying day and night for them and all others around this world, including our own where we live at.  We are sending in donations to build and to rebuild and help friend out.  We are preaching like no others in the world (we are the only ones doing this global work), under whatever circumstances we face, whatever trial.  I believe soon it will be our turn in the "land of the free" .  So be prepared friends!  

I always felt relatively safe from this kind of persecution until the very last days in Germany. But some of the new laws being passed lately seem very draconic and reminiscent of an authoritarian state. Police in Bavaria can now "detain you" for being a suspect in a crime for three solid months among other things. Clean up crews have been activated by the government to free the internet from "hate-speech" under a new federal law. It is illegal to film or take photos in public and to show those pictures to anybody if any individual persons are visible on the material unless this is done by the "authorized press".... so a lot of attacks on individual rights, freedom of speech, freedom of privacy, freedom of press..

One day, you're living in a free country, the next day, it's a "thought crime" to believe God expects anything specific from his creation.

From jw-russia.org: https://jw-russia.org/news/18050314-309.html

The Court of Appeal Legalized the Seizure of Property in the Village of Solnechnoye in St. Petersburg

3 May 2018

The complex of real estate worth about 2 billion rubles will be confiscated from the foreign organization "Watchtower Society, Bibles and Treatises of Pennsylvania". On May 3, 2018, the St. Petersburg City Court upheld the decision of the lower court . The decision takes effect immediately.

"The inviolability of private property is considered the basis for confidence in the future," says Yaroslav Sivulsky from the European Association of Jehovah's Witnesses. "And who can feel safe now after such a decision?"

What steps preceded this seizure of property? 1)  Without any convincing reasoning, the courts recognized as "extremist" a number of publications of Jehovah's Witnesses. 2) In 2017, after an epidemic of throws of "extremist" materials into the liturgical building, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation recognized as extremist and liquidated all 396 registered organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. 3) The lower court on the basis of this decision ruled to transfer this property to state ownership, since until 2000 it belonged to one of the liquidated organizations. For this, the court recognized the 17-year-old deal on its transfer to the Watchtower Society void.

It is noteworthy that on April 20, 2016, more than a year before the Ministry of Justice's claim to liquidate the Jehovah's Witnesses Management Center, the "Unified State Register of Rights to Immovable Property" (EGRP) appeared an intriguing record relating to this liturgical complex: "A decision was made on seizure of the property for state or municipal needs . " Believers Rosreestr explained this record "technical error".

Such a large-scale seizure of property in Russia, which was used for religious purposes, is comparable only with the Decree of the Council of People's Commissars "On the Separation of the Church from the State" of 1918, by which religious organizations were deprived of their property. However, unlike the events of 100 years ago, the buildings of Jehovah's Witnesses were acquired and built without state support, exclusively on voluntary donations and by the believers themselves.

All options for further appeal of this decision, both nationally and internationally, will be considered by the Watchtower Society after reading the full text of the appellate ruling. In addition, the European Court of Human Rights considers the appeal "The Jehovah's Witnesses Management Center in Russia and Kalin against the Russian Federation" as a matter of priority , filed in connection with the decision of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, which, in turn, served as the basis for today's decision.

In these days...dark and lawless days

5 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

From jw-russia.org: https://jw-russia.org/news/18050314-309.html

In these days...dark and lawless days

I so badly want to put the 😡😡😡😡😡 angry button on that article. 

Definitley “dark and lawless”.  

I think we all knew that was coming. Didn’t really need any court to say yes or no...they woulda done it without it. 😡😡😡😡😡

I just keep remembering King Sennacherib.  

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I always felt relatively safe from this kind of persecution until the very last days in Germany. But some of the new laws being passed lately seem very draconic and reminiscent of an authoritarian state. Police in Bavaria can now "detain you" for being a suspect in a crime for three solid months among other things. Clean up crews have been activated by the government to free the internet from "hate-speech" under a new federal law. It is illegal to film or take photos in public and to show those pictures to anybody if any individual persons are visible on the material unless this is done by the "authorized press".... so a lot of attacks on individual rights, freedom of speech, freedom of privacy, freedom of press..

One day, you're living in a free country, the next day, it's a "thought crime" to believe God expects anything specific from his creation.

We could fill another thread entirely on the legal changes we are currently seeing in Europe.  The UK is enacting similar moves which under the guise of "anti extremism anti-hate" has effectively put freedom of expression under threat.  A Scottish blogger was just convicted for making a tasteless joke, the internet is now policed for "hate speech" not a problem except what constitutes hate speech is very vague.  There is something in the air in Europe and it isn't good.  Or should I say, it is good if we can "Lift up our heads" and see the bigger picture.  

Remember 2 years ago the AM...

KOTN is the leader of the coalition GOM ...to me its scream : russia=kotn

Even if lots of country dont approve russia, someday all the country of the earth will follow russia path.

GT is closer then it appear...

We need a new post 

13 minutes ago, Igorianov said:

Remember 2 years ago the AM...

KOTN is the leader of the coalition GOM ...to me its scream : russia=kotn

Even if lots of country dont approve russia, someday all the country of the earth will follow russia path.

GT is closer then it appear...

We need a new post 

AM? GOM? I get the KOTN part. I don't disagree but...:confused:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/

BREAKING NEWS | Witnesses Lose Appeal, Allowing Russian Authorities to Seize Former Branch Property

On Thursday, May 3, 2018, the Saint Petersburg City Court upheld the original December 2017 decision, allowing the Russian government to immediately confiscate our former Russia branch facilities in Solnechnoye.

Although we cannot stop Russia from seizing the property, today’s ruling is part of an application that is already being considered by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). The ECHR has communicated to the Russian government that our application is being considered as a matter of priority.

We keep in expectation of Jehovah, the God of all justice, to correct matters in his own due time.—Isaiah 30:18.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 2018-04-28 at 3:52 AM, Victoria said:

Didn’t see a translation of this so i’ll Put one up below. Some of the words may be off like balaclavas I’m assuming it was trying to translate.

In Russia, a year after the ban on Jehovah's Witnesses, their followers are questioned by policemen in balaclaws and with machine guns Kristina Mazza. For the past two weeks, in four Russian cities, policemen in balaclaws and automatic rifles have raided the homes of Jehovah's Witnesses, Newsweek reports. According to the members of the group, at least seven searches have been conducted at least seven times in their homes, including four times in April, "reports journalist Christina Maza." This is a new wave of persecution. "We do not know what is going on," said Newsweek Jaroslaw Sivulsky , by an investigator of Jehovah's Witnesses from Russia who now lives in Latvia. "If they want, they can throw any number of" Jehovah's Witnesses "in jail because they know that" Jehovah's Witnesses "pray at home and are easy to find." "Law Enforcement 20 the house was searched by several "Jehovah's Witnesses", including three former members of the local religious organization in Ivanovo, Igor Morozov was taken to the police station, after which Morozov was released, but he is not allowed to leave Ivanovo, "the representative of the international headquarters of Svid Jarrod Lopez. "On April 19, in Vladivostok, Russia, police raided a divine service attended by Valentin Osadchuk and three elderly women. All four were taken to the police station and interrogated. Valentin remains in custody, he was charged under Article 282.1 of the Criminal Code on "organizing the activities of an extremist organization" (probably referring to Article 282.2 - Ed.). Osadchuk is kept in the pre-trial detention center until June 20, 2018, "Lopez said. [He noted that these events followed similar incidents in Polar, Ufa, Orel, Belgorod, and Kemerovo.) Russia also accused Dennis Christensen, 46, of extremism. He can be imprisoned for 10 years, Newsweek writes: "The ruthless persecution of the followers of Jehovah's Witnesses by Russian authorities is gaining momentum," said Rachel Denber, deputy director of Human Rights Watch for Europe and Central Asia. "Withdrawal from Christensen would be a good first step towards stopping raids and other criminal cases against people who are just practicing their faith."

Way way way back in this thread I mentioned I was writing a book on our brothers' trials in Russia. It is done and is entitled Dear Mr. Putin - Jehovah's Witnesses Write Russia.

500 endnotes. (of which about half are scriptures from the New American Bible - Revised Edition, since the New World Translation is extremist) It covers worldwide news reports of trials, ban of the organization, appeal, ban of NWT, confiscation of property. Also it contains separate chapters defending against the charges that are raised against us there. Including endnotes, it is about 160,000 words in length.

The ebook version on Smashwords is free, and I hope it may do some good.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/815620

Dear Mr Putin (1) (1).jpg

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.