JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1362 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

18 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

They took your passports ? Seriously? 

Persecution in full, I say. 

Praying for you 

I mean special passports you need to go abroad. Do you have them? Now we have only Russian passports. But I know a couple of countries we can go to with Russian passports.

Dear Victoria it must be so scary what you are all going through, your stress & worry levels must be through the roof! We know that Jehovah will keep your hearts calm & give you the strength you need to get through one day at a time. We are all keeping you in our constant prayers dear sister & know that we love you all very much. 

May your relief come very soon 😔

Edited by Jothob

11 minutes ago, rocket said:

Our hearts and prayers are with you at all times Victoria. May Jehovah give you the strength to endure. I only wish there was an foreign embassy or consulate you could run to for protection and ask for asylum.

Most of us cannot go anywhere. Fleeing means leaving our friends here. I don't think it is the right thing to do.

16 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Most of us cannot go anywhere. Fleeing means leaving our friends here. I don't think it is the right thing to do.

May Jehovah be with you! Isa. 40:31 "Those hoping in Jehovah will regain power. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; They will walk and not tire out."

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

27 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I like this answer... at any time those who fought made history. 

May Jehovah bless your courage! With His help, you will be what your name means. 

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

28 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Russia is assigned to the Tbilisi Georgia Special Convention in July, so you can travel there freely?

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

My dear Victoria. You are on the front line! And, so very precious to Jehovah, and, thus, us. I love your attitude. Loyalty. And thinking more of others then yourself. Yes, we will be praying for you to continue to remain loyal and steadfast. We love you so...yes, tearfully, we will approach Jehovah in your behalf.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 hours ago, Victoria said:

Wow!! Such love and loyalty. WOW. I have to add COURAGE ... will be thinking of you and all the other Russian Brothers and sisters as a shining example throughout our Convention in August - you have no idea how much you are all encouraging us over there.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Victoria said:

I mean special passports you need to go abroad. Do you have them? Now we have only Russian passports. But I know a couple of countries we can go to with Russian passports.

Dear Victoria, we only have one passport (Aussie one) 

Without it, we wouldn’t be able to travel 

We don’t have any other special passports. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, campanula said:

Anyone may freely go and join them .....  :X

I'm sorry if I said something wrong... the part that I liked was that you are standing fast together with the others. Appreciating your attitude doesn't mean condemning the others in any way. I meant an appreciative word of encouragement... I mention you all (the ones fighting there) in my prayers regularly. 

Edited by Adelin

38 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Dear Victoria, we only have one passport (Aussie one) 

Without it, we wouldn’t be able to travel 

We don’t have any other special passports. 

It is very good! We have to pay money to recieve passports that allow to go abroad. I mean most of the countries require such passports and won't let us in.

3 minutes ago, Victoria said:

It is very good! We have to pay money to recieve passports that allow to go abroad. I mean most of the countries require such passports and won't let us in.

We have to pay for passports as well (currently $282, valid for 10 years)

I am just speechless to hear the news that are coming from Russia.

Looks like KON, in my opinion.

All is building up to the climax...when they say "Peace and Security"

Jehovah will be so angered... because his innocent, humble people do not enjoy any freedom of worship in Russia.

Just stay strong ...word "endurance" takes on a new meaning? right?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

oh... I made confusion between Victoria and Svetlana. The last answer was adressed to Victoria.

Anyway, I do not deny that it's not easy for the ones that left as well. 

12 hours ago, Victoria said:

This is my city. Our home was searched too. They took away our PC, all our phones and tablets. The old bible.And many other things that can be evidence against us. We can be arrested anytime. They searched 24 houses and apartments so far.Please pray for us! 

They took away all your electronic devices? Was that because they "might" contain some incriminating evidence? I won't bother asking how you managed to post the above without those things (unless you wish to reply via PM).

10 hours ago, Victoria said:

Victoria, you are our hero! You are so selfless, choosing to stay behind and risk being arrested or worse, just to be able to encourage your dear friends there who are simply not able to leave and flee the persecution. You deserve the utmost commendation for your self-sacrificing attitude. Our prayers are with you and your husband, my dear sister. You are not alone.

18 minutes ago, Sheep said:

They took away all your electronic devices? Was that because they "might" contain some incriminating evidence? I won't bother asking how you managed to post the above without those things (unless you wish to reply via PM).

Victoria, you are our hero! You are so selfless, choosing to stay behind and risk being arrested or worse, just to be able to encourage your dear friends there who are simply not able to leave and flee the persecution. You deserve the utmost commendation for your self-sacrificing attitude. Our prayers are with you and your husband, my dear sister. You are not alone.

Thank you very much! But I am not a hero, of course. I know that leaving the country is not easy either. There is no paradise in any country.And I am no way judge those leaving homes. Maybe our circumstanses will change and we will go too. But now I really don't want to leave my friends here alone.

3 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thank you very much! But I am not a hero, of course. I know that leaving the country is not easy either. There is no paradise in any country.And I am no way judge those leaving homes. Maybe our circumstanses will change and we will go too. But now I really don't want to leave my friends here alone.

48 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Borrowed a phone, bought a new SIM. I am sure the police already know it.

Dear sister Victoria,

We are exasperated and saddened by how you and our spiritual family in Russia are being treated. They are trying to make it impossible for you all. It is like they are playing mind games. Using fear and frustration against you. Even if they take everything from you, you are still Jehovah's Witnesses, serving him faithfully. Even if they arrest you on  false charges, don't let their false stories discourage you. Always remember that you are not alone.  Just as Elijah at one time thought he was alone, Jehovah assured him that there were yet 5000 who did not bend their knee to Baal. We have heard of the  good news of all the  hard work that has come because of the freedom that you had before this ban. For many years, we knew very little of what was happening in Russia. It was described to us for many years as an iron curtain.  How happy we were to know that there are now about 175000 faithful servants of Jehovah in Russia. I am certain that as a group, you have made Jehovah's heart glad. Our prayers continue with you. Don't give up.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

I want to tell you about our hero. Brother Alam was fined many times. After each Memorial and assembly he was under trial as an organizer and then had to pay a fine. It had been continued for several years.  Now he can be sent to prison for 10 years. He has done so much for Jehovah and for his people. Please remember him and his wife Sveta in your prayers.