JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1389 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The 1st is NWT. As we all know it is the best but it's forbidden.

The 2nd is the translation of Hebrew Scriptures only but contains God's name Jehovah many times. It is very hard to find.

The 3rd is the most popular translation. Contains God's name a few times but very hard to understand.

Which one is the best to use? I have no idea.

9 hours ago, Victoria said:

Who gave you that instructions? ( don't mean they are wrong, just ask).

I posted the following back in February. It explains where those instructions came from.

At the time I wrote that, jw-russia had not yet posted his story with the address. So I wasn't sure if it would be right to post it here; I thought I should keep it private 

9 hours ago, Victoria said:

I believe all JWs should not say anything negative about Russia but show respect.

That's true in most respects. But even jw-russia, the stories there being written by JWs, mention the bias of the Russian courts and the prejudged cases. (For example, this story.) If we write to any brother or sister held in a Russian prison, we might have a tendency to mention something similar unless we had a warning not to.

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

Sorry but I don't understand who gave the instructions. jw-russia says not to discuss court case only. Can you get to know if Dennis recieved any letters with Jehovah's name, please?

The brother in my congregation is still in contact with mutual friends in Denmark. Through them he received some communication from Dennis' sister Majbritt. She is the one who provided those instructions. I have no direct knowledge of him receiving any letters containing Jehovah's name, as I imagine there might be a chance the authorities might not let them pass through to him.

The way I see it, If Russia is still the King of the North, and he will receive reports that anger him from the rising of the sun(Jehovah) then to me it is proof that nothing will stop Jehovah's name being proclaimed throughout Russia.

I can see that Jehovah already has things set in motion.

Edited by Vinnie

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

"Faithful Under Trials”

“Faithful Under Trials”

IN EARLY April 1951, the mighty Soviet government descended upon an innocent group of Christians in the western Soviet Union—Jehovah’s Witnesses. Thousands of families—including little children, pregnant women, and the elderly—were loaded into boxcars for a grueling 20-day-long train trip to Siberia. They faced permanent exile in harsh, primitive conditions.

In April 2001, the 50th anniversary of this historic event was marked in Moscow with the release of a video that documents the decades-long oppression of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the former Soviet Union. In the documentary, historians and eyewitnesses relate how the Witnesses survived and even flourished despite extreme pressure.

This documentary, Faithful Under Trials—Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Soviet Union, has now been viewed by millions in Russia and elsewhere and has received high acclaim from the public in general and from historians. 

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20050301/Faithful-Under-Trials/#?insight[search_id]=b9767049-8dfb-438a-ae00-a3fdce1d8852&insight[search_result_index]=4

I came across this when I punched enduring trials into search.

JW.Org mentioned that this  2001 video was available in English.

Anyone ever viewed it?  Is it still available for viewing?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

WOW! 1668201179_WOWJawdrop.gif.f73fb25015d844f50f36385e26bfac72.gif

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for sharing, Sister Svetlana!!! 549929551_ThankYouswingaroundsignpole.gif.d3c5c7f7f3bf81c35451030db6979e00.gif

Stinking unreal how history in Russia is repeating itself.825216775_FAINTT2303030.GIF.56eb78df67458b16bc5f9cadf4001752.GIF

Russia has perfected their  Kangaroo courts over decades and decades of

practice.  Guilty before even tried.   We know how the God of Justice, Jehovah,

feels about, and deals with,  such atrocious injustice.

Gonna be praying extra hard for our persecuted family members in Russia.1194232306_Yessad.gif.a91af1c0a5936f0b057a59773c89933d.gif

May Jehovah continue to sustain them, and may they continue to strengthen one another.1533327971_Grouphug.gif.75edaeb1a98501809db8ecda2a6d910a.gif

1972951424_WOWflaming.gif.498df3a28734b858ea7ec72d7a58c707.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 hours ago, Victoria said:

I think we send different short letters using FSIN letter system. Some with God's name and some without it. But we must do something. 

I sent mine with Jehovah's name in the first paragraph but the website to pay says my credit card is declined and when I talk to my credit card company, they don't see any attempt for payment.  It's getting frustrating. Any suggestions?

Edited by Vinnie

because

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I sent mine with Jehovah's name in the first paragraph but the website to pay says my credit card is declined and when I talk to my credit card company, they don't see any attempt for payment.  It's getting frustrating. Any suggestions?

Do you have another card? Maybe not every card can be used in Russia.

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Do you have another card? Maybe not every card can be used in Russia.

same message with different card. and both cards are listed as accepted by their website

Edited by Vinnie

pressed edit and didnt edit anything :(

1 hour ago, campanula said:

That well may be that a correspondent bank is under US sanctions. If it is Russia Bank for instance.

I wondered if that was a possibility,  Maybe this is another play of Satans coordinated attacks  to keep rest of world from giving our brothers in Russia support. We need a work around then.

Edited by Vinnie

i was goona but then didnt, then changed my mind again and did

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Fox News just recently mentioned activists want Trump to discuss releasing political and religious prisoners with Putin at Helsinki.

How recent is "recently"? The latest one I saw on Fox News was a week old.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/09/trump-and-putin-and-human-rights-us-cannot-turn-blind-eye-to-moscows-abuses-at-next-weeks-summit.html

There's another one also, but it's from June.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/18/us-urges-russia-to-release-political-religious-prisoners.html

A few minutes before I posted they played the segment today. I rewound and took stills to upload.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

A few minutes before I posted they played the segment today. I rewound and took stills to upload.

Do you have a link for it? I can't find one, except the older ones I mentioned.