JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1387 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I got chills reading today's daily text (Mandi already mentioned this) 

When  we are asked to write the letter  we get the daily text  about ........ (read it yourself please) 

The daily text was prepared months ago .... 

Coincedence? Don't think so. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Dear Sister,

We've been asked not to translate it unless we know Russian fluently to just write in our own language.  Hugs. x

How many translators will they need to read hundreds of languages from around the world if they really read them?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

48 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Why calling the Branch? The instructions are already provided. 

We don't need instruction on the instructions. 

Write respectful letter and this will be sufficient. 

Brother Greg, I thought my post was clear enough but just since you asked; I understand that we have our instructions,  I am perfectly clear about that. .

My question is in the latter section of my post, where I asked about the exclamation mark.

I was asking if someone that lived there locally,  and knows for certain how that mark is used when addressing officials, if they could let us know. We don't want our letters discarded over punctuation errors. 

I  also added,  as a second source if nobody answered my question,  that Branch could be asked about the exclamation mark and it's proper usage in this case..

I feel that,  with the added information from our spiritual family that lives in that area,  that was posted after my post, my question has been answered. .

I  hope that adequately addresses any confusion or misunderstanding  that you may have had. ..

Much love Brother,  lets get on some letter writing,  eh...

I'm so excited that we are all joining together to help our brothers and sisters in Russia. Jehovah knows how to deliver his people!! 

This may get on the news, suddenly MILLIONS of letters being sent to Russia. This will get the publics attention. Jehovah knows exactly what to do to help our brothers and sisters. I have full faith and confidence in him. 

And I don't want to speculate but I can understand when people mention Russia could be the king of the north, we'll just have to wait and see, I don't think we'll need to wait much longer to find out. There's definitely a change in the air, I'm sure all of us feel it. The Great Tribulation is so close at hand. I'm very much looking forward to our convention, "Don't Give Up!" How timely it will be...

Edited by EverlastingLifeInView

29 minutes ago, morningdove said:

How many translators will they need to read hundreds of languages from around the world if they really read them?

Don't know ... only quoting the instructions from the FDS ... Jehovah has it all in hand.

33 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I got chills reading today's daily text (Mandi already mentioned this) 

When  we are asked to write the letter  we get the daily text  about ........ (read it yourself please) 

The daily text was prepared months ago .... 

Coincedence? Don't think so. 

My thoughts exactly - so this is a trumpet call? Sure feels like it.

Oooh Hope Victoria sees this thread.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

On December 10, 1948 the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 18

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

I will probably use it in a paragraph

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

And also, those who are blind writing to him, will he be able to read braille? No probably not ... but everything we do is sweet smelling incense to Jehovah, and the variation of locations, circumstances including those of limited abilities is what will make a profound impression.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

27 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Does this sound alright? 

Awesome!  Very nicely done Sister. ..

21 minutes ago, Sandyds61 said:

There have been some good thoughts here.

I have been working on ours. My husband and I own several business too so we are sending individual letter and also letters with our business letterhead.

Good job Sister Sandy,  business letterhead may make a greater impression on them..

Jehovah has it covered,  no matter what it is, and you can bet your life on that...

Many of our Brothers and Sisters may be doing exactly that. ...

2 hours ago, And_Ray said:

In the conclusion of the letter, we can use the words of  1 Timothy 2:1,2 and say that we pray for them to make wise decisions that we may continue to worship our God peacefully.

Perfect!

>:D<

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi Sister Rosie,

I wanted to tell you that I thought you did a very good job with your letter! It was very respectful, courteous, and had well-chosen words. But by far the best part of your letter and probably the best sentence I have read for our letter was this one:

" We are never  taught to employ any actions whatsoever  that could be classified as « extreme » with the exception of being « extremely kind » and « extremely loving » to their neighbours. "

I literally laughed out loud when I read that! Wonderfully written (tu)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

7 minutes ago, everyday said:

I'd love to see a sample letter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go up to sunshine's post, but remember they want us to convey our thoughts and feelings too, but it's certainly a good letter to put your thoughts into order.

I don't know whether this has been posted elsewhere, but because of the importance attached to this and for the sake of our beloved brothers in Russia, I wish to call our attention to this information I saw in our site.

If it has been posted elsewhere, please pardon me.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/jw-mobilize-global-response-to-threat-of-ban/

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D