JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study Edition - July. PDF

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2550 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

42 minutes ago, Jothob said:

I was happy to see the study article on "Weep with those who weep"  Sept 4-10th having lost my husband very suddenly. Will be encouraging.....

Sister Josie, Jothob, I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I know the article will bring you comfort as you rely on Jehovah.  

That great tribulation photo is amazing! Love that we're getting so much said about how close it is!!

Also, paragraph 17 of the article: "Seeking riches that are true," seems to sound like there definitely won't be money in the new system! (I hope not!)

17 When God’s Kingdom does come, rent and mortgages will cease, food will be free and plentiful, health-care costs will disappear. Jehovah’s earthly family will enjoy the best that the earth has to offer. Gold, silver, and gems will be for adornment, not for investment or hoarding. High-quality materials of wood, stone, and metal will be freely available to build beautiful homes. Friends will assist us for sheer satisfaction, not for money. A new system of sharing earth’s bounties will be a way of life.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

I agree. Shot that idea down! Unless, one is not mature, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christians strive to be exemplary. (2Cor.4:2;1Pet.5:2,3) After receiving Scriptural counsel, a Christian who continues to keep a gun for protection against other humans could not be considered exemplary. He would therefore not qualify for responsibilities or special privileges in the congregation.

The same applies to a Christian who continues to carry a firearm as part of his secular work. How much better to seek other employment!

That's not new. It's been this way for decades. But it's good to see it repeated.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

18 hours ago, trottigy said:

That's not new. It's been this way for decades. But it's good to see it repeated.

I just want to take a minute to read between the lines and wonder why they decided to repeat it now...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've noticed that matters of importance and that are relevant to today are what get repeated.

For example: there is no reason to repeat the stuff about tipping your hat to a woman. But guns and protection (especially as we think more about the GT coming than ever) is extremely relevant. IMO

If we haven't seen it in print since 2001, it's probably not important or relevant.

Edit: I did find it interesting that they did not add info about karate or self defense classes. That was related to this same line of thought - not learning war any more. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

For example: there is no reason to repeat the stuff about tipping your hat to a woman. But guns and protection (especially as we think more about the GT coming than ever) is extremely relevant. IMO

Then we should be getting more information about our GT emergency kits soon :lol1:

(where is that tongue-in-cheek icon...?)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 2:51 PM, trottigy said:

Trottigy, You are right about handguns and employment being well known for decades. The part I was specifically making reference to was the part on owning a handgun that is kept in the house and being used for self protection against other humans would fall under the same category as carrying a handgun for employment. Maybe that thought has been out there and I just missed it, which is entirely possible but I just didn't catch it. That does happen to me from time to time. At any rate I'm glad you did.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2