JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Stuffed corn muffins with jalapeño glaze

I had some friends from the KH over last night for dinner and crafts.  I made chicken tortilla soup and served it with the corn muffins and jalapeño glaze.  I thought this would be the introduction to the meal but it ended up stealing the show.  No one had ever had or heard of jalapeño glaze for cornbread and they ate the whole pan!  It was a Dutch oven cast iron pot so it was a triple recipe of cornbread.  I made the triple recipe and added a 20 oz bag of frozen corn with diced red pepper.  I sautéed poblano peppers in butter and cut them into lengthwise strips.  I used 4 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese and then went to work assembling the bread.  I placed the cast iron Dutch oven in the convection oven for 30 minutes to get it nice and hot so when I added the corn moisture it would fry the bread and give it a nice brown crust.  I poured 1/2 the corn mixture in the pan and topped with a layer of the pobalano strips. Then I added the grated cheddar cheese (3 cups) made it stand about 2 inches high with cheese then added the remaining cornbread mixture.  Placed it back into the hot oven and baked it as usual.  When the timer went off I topped with the remaining cheese and closed the door with the temperature off.  While the bread was baking I took about 12 jalapeño peppers from a jar and diced them small, put them in a non stick skillet and slightly sautéed them to tenderized not color them.  Then I added 1/3 cup of sugar and 3 -4 T. Of the pickling juice from the jalapeño jar.  Simmered for a few minutes to make it syrupy then added 2 sticks of butter.  After the cheese browned I removed the cornbread and spooned theglaze over the bread.  The rest I whipped into a tub of soft butter after it cooled to spoon onto the bread.  I wish I would have taken a picture it was so beautiful!  I have made this for about 15 years so was surprised no one had ever had it. 

I had had chicken tacos left and a little cake but not a crumb of the cornbread!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Oooo! Sounds mouth-watering indeed, and you didn't take a photo to share with your family here?!  Waaaah!

:chef:

I would love to have leftovers as one of the members... Okay, sis Leslie pictures will do :loopy:

How about you sis Sandra any pic to share? :clown:

Edited by Alexa

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Instant craving!  Thank you Leslie, I'll be making it. :)

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

I have my friends and work mates hooked on this now.  Rhonda said she cuts a wedge and has it in a glass of milk.  The others say they made it with soups and chili.  I love it with pork roast.  Tell me how you liked it and what you served it with!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 10 months later...