JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite JW Broadcasting Songs

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1696 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't know if there's a thread about our favorite JW Broadcasting songs. So I created it. :D

I will start with myself. My favorite - "Your Word Endures Forever". This song is AMAZING! I love how this song tells us whole Bible's story from the past, how it endured through many troubles, bans. Also this song so melodic, easy to remember and, of course, to sing along! I simply LOVE this song. :)

What's yours?

Just Around the Corner, because I know what it has meant to some brothers and sisters going though unbelievable trials.

Your Word Endures Forever, preferably in Swedish, because if you have studied biblical texts and history a bit deeper, like I've done, you will appreciate the fact that Gods Word has survived from 'the beginning' till the 'final part of the days'. (Ge 1:1; Isa 2:2) You walk around in museums and libraries and see these old manuscripts, and you consider the lengths to which people have gone to protect and cherish these texts, how people who loved Jehovah's name wanted to make it known despite even threats of execution, it fills you with a sense of wonder and gratitude that the Almighty has let us see this miracle.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

This said, the new Time Line of Jesus' Life is quickly entering my top three in both English and Swedish.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

36 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

This said, the new Time Line of Jesus' Life is quickly entering my top three in both English and Swedish.

I agree! The Time Line of Jesus' Life and Faith Makes Things Happen are moving up the ladder quite fast!

What genre/style is yet to be tried? Swing? Afro beat? We've had Country, Reggae, Pop, RnB, Jazz, Broadway musical style, A cappella, Acoustic....so diverse these songs!

I agree! The Time Line of Jesus' Life and Faith Makes Things Happen are moving up the ladder quite fast!

What genre/style is yet to be tried? Swing? Afro beat? We've had Country, Reggae, Pop, RnB, Jazz, Broadway musical style, A cappella, Acoustic....so diverse these songs!

We had the Broadway Musical style (kind of) with 'If You Could See What I See', and it makes me smile.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Up until January 2017's broadcast, my favorites were/are:

- I Won't Give Up

- Now Is The Time

- Joy of Conventions

- I Give You My Best

- Imagine The Time

But, January's release of :heart:"Your Word Endures Forever"  :heart: simply touched my heart and soul in a manner that the preceding songs could never have. (It took me less than half day to memorize the lyrics, I sing it out daily or in my mind and listen to it in other languages.) Most of all,  it is a profoundly reverential song to Almighty God Jehovah.  Honestly, I do not think I will share the same sentiment towards any future JWB song.

My favorites are:  "Our Thanks Go to You"

"Step on Over "

"Just Around the Corner"

I'd LOVE more diversity in the songs, tho. There is an entire planet's worth of popular-style music... I enjoy our tunes but they're starting to sound a bit the same (sorry).

Surely there could be music that reflects Asian, African, Middle Eastern, Latin, Eastern European tastes... not always only Western/ American music?

I'd like to see that happen. :)  I will, however, try some of the tunes in other languages..

7 hours ago, Skye said:

I would love some swingy melodies!!!

Dear brothers and sisters. Can anyone help us?

In our congregation we will soon have a party and we always sing our songs. The one we will sing specially this time is "Just around the corner" A sister have alerady translated the words into Norwegian, now we need the song without English word.

The one on internett (youtube) is "not" that good as the original.

Can anyone help us? Just the "original" music please.

Than you very much for your help.

Love you all.

On 06/04/2017 at 9:58 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

- I Won't Give Up

- Now Is The Time

- Joy of Conventions

- I Give You My Best

- Imagine The Time

It seems like you read my mind...

Just add " Stop, Think and Pray" , there you have my favourites original songs.

46 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Now that we have the TV's at the Hall, we have been playing the original songs for the music before and after the meeting

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that we only play the non-vocal songs from the songbook. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I remember suggesting playing the vocal versions and was told that we can only play the songs that we play during the meetings.

I have not seen the letter(s) that discuss playing the music. I am not sure what the instructions/limitations are - that said, so far, out Elders are just fine with the videos playing.

If there are other directions, I am sure they will soon mention it and we will do as directed from the Branch.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 4/6/2017 at 1:58 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

- I Won't Give Up

- Now Is The Time

- Joy of Conventions

- I Give You My Best

- Imagine The Time

But, January's release of :heart:"Your Word Endures Forever"  :heart: simply touched my heart and soul in a manner that the preceding songs could never have. (It took me less than half day to memorize the lyrics, I sing it out daily or in my mind and listen to it in other languages.) Most of all,  it is a profoundly reverential song to Almighty God Jehovah.  Honestly, I do not think I will share the same sentiment towards any future JWB song.

I must say... I've been listening to this tune constantly - it's so gorgeous and triumphant!  I kinda wish it was a Kingdom Song so we could sing it at meetings... <3

12 hours ago, jluker662 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that we only play the non-vocal songs from the songbook. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I remember suggesting playing the vocal versions and was told that we can only play the songs that we play during the meetings.

You're right. As I remember, it was written in "Our Kingdom Ministry" a few years ago. It said that piano melodies from songbook "Sing to Jehovah" should be played before and after meetings. But it's old article. I don't know what can be played in the meetings now. I don't remember any letter or any direction from the Branch. Maybe we will get it one day :) 

12 hours ago, Hope said:

I must say... I've been listening to this tune constantly - it's so gorgeous and triumphant!  I kinda wish it was a Kingdom Song so we could sing it at meetings... <3

I miss you sis You anna :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)