JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

More

Driving in a whiteout is TERRIFYING!!!:o

It really is...like a dense fog....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

This is the current (9 pm eastern) weather map of the U P of Michigan. Looks like the whole part of the UP is snowing.

A9CAFA51-A855-4839-998C-B6237C44A661.jpeg

We've already got close to a foot of heavy, wet snow.  What about you?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

We've already got close to a foot of heavy, wet snow.  What about you?

I don’t think we got that much. Little hard to tell cause of the drift in the back. 

There wasn’t all that much to blow out of the driveway.

Course the back door on the garage always swells up (doesn’t close) and with the garage door open the wind managed to slam it shut. 

I cant get it open. :hammer: So I had to walk thru the mound of snow (which you saw Saturday) and get to the fence and go over that to get to the back yard. X(. Thankfully I had no trouble with my knee.

I’ll be listening to the meeting tonight cause I’m not going thru THAT in the dark with my knee.

I don’t want to end up flopping like a fish out of water. I do that very well. :lol1:

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Once again, our service group was canceled this morning. We are covered in freezing rain today, so we don't dare go outside!

bambi.gif.d2ebc932772ae2d5428b8f22c78b0925.gif

Looks just like me when my knee gives out in a pile of snow

Edited by Loopy

Tortuga, please send some of that warmth to Michigan.

We just got rid of a Winter Weather Advisory at noon (eastern)...got about 6 inches over night

Now we’re goin* to be under another one tomorrow thru early Friday morning. :hammer:

Im sick of winter. :sick:

I feel so so sorry for our 70 something sister from Grand Marais (1 hour and 10 minutes away) she’s been battling snow by herself all winter. 

C8479C9F-48EC-41FB-BC82-974598678F71.jpeg

Edited by Loopy

On 1/31/2018 at 10:19 AM, Tortuga said:

75F and sunny for the next 10 days...

Same here in So Cal, but in the low 80's. Can you say drought? We've had one day of rain in the last six months, and we've gone from fall to spring without any real winter. Not even any snow on the local mountains. It's the opposite extreme of what Ross is experiencing. I hate it!

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

We are under a another weather advisory.  got to 0C. 32F and another couple of inches minimum on top of 10 yesterday. Flash freeze expected this afternoon.

Meeting was cancelled  this morning, which only happens rarely.  :zipmouth:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, humblebumblebee said:

Moscow had its darkest December on record in 2017, getting just six minutes of sunshine instead of the normal one hour per day

Heaviest snowfall on record blankets Moscow:

Moscow has seen its heaviest snowfall in a day since records began, with more than 2,000 trees brought down and air travel disrupted, officials say.

More than half the monthly average snow - 38cm (15 inches) - fell on Saturday, beating the previous record from 1957.

• 3 weeks later...

We are experiencing a balmy bit of weather here, in Michigan's Winter Wonderland.

Snow it melting fast. (Making room for some more.:uhhuh:)

Plus, we got our first Seed Catalog in the mail!!!5a9472d10fcaf_Happyexcited.GIF.7e8ade9dafe76af460aa4a7787e0fd40.GIF

5a947207bd73c_Springisintheair.gif.836b338b03010fa1af3935869f51fb44.gif

5a94720a589fb_DancingBug.GIF.0ea9d0d0c7187fe5d1942f816feaadbc.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It’s 5:16 pm right now and it’s 68 degrees in Arlington TX. It was a little warmer earlier.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 2/3/2018 at 5:01 PM, minister159 said:

Same here in So Cal, but in the low 80's. Can you say drought? We've had one day of rain in the last six months, and we've gone from fall to spring without any real winter. Not even any snow on the local mountains. It's the opposite extreme of what Ross is experiencing. I hate it!

Wish we could share. Constant rain it seems. Since 1st of year we have established a record for most overcast days in the Texas gulf coast area, somewhere North of 75%. Currently under 4 different flood warnings.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Severe/Bulletins.aspx?location=USTX0262