JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Here in NYC, after a snowfall, the snow actually gets dirty by people walking on it after stepping in or on something dirty. It becomes a total mess! And then when it melts from the ice thrown on it it gets messy. Oh don't get me started on the dogs when their owners don't pick up after them! No longer a beautiful winter wonderland. 

11 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Oh don't get me started on the dogs when their owners don't pick up after them! No longer a beautiful winter wonderland. 

Here in Michigan we get more than enough snow during the winter to brighten everything up. It’s the spring when it starts to melt when the snowbanks turn brown/black from sand and salt being thrown on roads or parking lots. Talk about an ugly mess. 

O and don’t get me started about people who don't pick up after their dogs. They don’t care it’s not on their lawn. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

It was bitterly cold here last night and stayed extremely cold cool all day. It is supposed to be horribly cold again tonight but it may warm up a bit tomorrow.

Since I live in Florida I started out describing today's weather like a local - but, in view of the weather they are having a bit further north ... I decided to edit my description :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Just now, kejedo said:

Meeting canceled tonight. 😥

Well Jehovah knows best. 

At times when the snow is real bad, the brothers call us to let us know the same. But, lol, at times during those times I had already made my mind up to not go, yet the strangest thing is when I decide not to go I begin feeling guilty, and the next you know the brothers will call with a cancellation. 

Yep, Jehovah knows best.

We're still unseasonably warm. Temps in the mid to high 50's and even 60's. My purple azalea even bloomed again.

Still mowing lawn every week and half and my begonia is still blooming. Sure enjoy it. Going to plant more next spring.

Even the Italian spinach in the wheel barrow is growing bigger.

1967871462_begonia(606x1077).thumb.jpg.a65ed6f86efd89345d84dd96972705f7.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Nice drive to the meeting tonight. Coming home a different story. Snowing like crazy. Good thing no wind. 

Scoop, shovel and snow blower ready to go tomorrow morning. Ugh!!

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Nice drive to the meeting tonight. Coming home a different story. Snowing like crazy. Good thing no wind. 

Scoop, shovel and snow blower ready to go tomorrow morning. Ugh!!

I'm at my Mom's in Iron River.  Listened in long distance.^_^

See, you are being BOLD.😀

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 11/15/2018 at 8:20 PM, Luezette said:

Well Jehovah knows best. 

At times when the snow is real bad, the brothers call us to let us know the same. But, lol, at times during those times I had already made my mind up to not go, yet the strangest thing is when I decide not to go I begin feeling guilty, and the next you know the brothers will call with a cancellation. 

Yep, Jehovah knows best.

O I am the same way....especially at night. I travel alone. Altho it’s only something like 4 miles I need my visibility. Plus I think about other drivers on the road and what could happen. 

On those times when the meeting isn’t cancelled I wonder “what is our brothers thinking?” Especially when we have and elder and his wife that lives about 20 or so miles away.....and than there’s Ross too.

Edited by Loopy

it's about 20 or less,F, with a low of 2 expected. We have a meeting tonight. Yesterday was my longer service day, but I was dragging a bit as I cracked a rib last week. We did rvs and 2 studies, yst. I have one study scheduled for tomorrow. Glad to be in today recuperating. Saturday and Sunday will be a bit warmer, so I can work more on my territory. Sorry for getting OT, but the weather makes a big impact in our service arrangements.. 

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Rain...rain...rain ... I think another flood is coming LOL

After your comment I had to look you folks up, wow, your country is having a tough go of it. What area are you in?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-22/dust-storm-thundersnow-what-is-going-on-with-the-weather/10538450

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

After your comment I had to look you folks up, wow, your country is having a tough go of it. What area are you in?https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-22/dust-storm-thundersnow-what-is-going-on-with-the-weather/10538450

Greg is in Melbourne, known for its changeable weather.I'm up north in our tropics. 28C (81F) at 8:30 am. Will only get a few more degrees higher today, but the humidity! YUK!

As Australia is about 80% the size of the US, the weather has a big spread as well, depending on where you live...

Ie like Seattle v San Diego or Boston v Florida.

So while Greg is in our South, his weather is more like Boston (Your North). They get icy winds from the South Pole.

We live in the tropical north, (more like Cuba), and don't have seasons per say, more like wet season and dry season.

Wet season (just starting now) is hot and humid and breeds hurricanes, (like the one we had last year Cat 4), and like your recent one Florida way...

Ah, the life down-under....

6bce5773115ba502760773a627cf9e92.jpg&key=f27668da7be4218ad5302c42284790af5e6abcf3298ba036329c5a602c28b614e437c3ebb3a85e48cbe56f08571865da.jpg&key=fc693b2070cd647f023a1158fe2c93234c3fe3d26f9588805bf127a8f0e915de

Older {waiting for wiser}

They even have birds in their tuxes there.
Yes. Come visit the 'Fairy Penguins' just out of Melbourne. Only about a foot high. They come onshore at sunset.
That would be around 5pm in winter. (Sitting in the cold and wet winter is not pleasant.)
It would be 9:30 pm summer time (with daylight saving). Makes for a warmer night, but it's a long, long day, as it is a 2 to 3 hour drive back to Melbourne. 96e13672f5bc7bce7fa5ca5934588b24.jpg

It's the start of summer, but the long unusually dry winter and spring has put some parts in declared 'drought' conditions.
And as most of the middle of Australia is desert like, it doesn't take long to spread.
One event affecting both Sydney and Brisbane is dust blowing in. This was on the news a few days ago...
1e587b116d5697258b5efa0977d1c23b.jpg2a800b0b223045f9dc94a740f39a461a.jpg

It's the start of summer, but the long unusually dry winter and spring has put some parts in declared 'drought' conditions.
And as most of the middle of Australia is desert like, it doesn't take long to spread.
One event affecting both Sydney and Brisbane is dust blowing in. This was on the news a few days ago...
1e587b116d5697258b5efa0977d1c23b.jpg&key=6a5b167466964e3fcb36bf6c155a8449b650809074f61ed5caf84b7e389048e32a800b0b223045f9dc94a740f39a461a.jpg&key=5dda76715db9248ce3ee92fa575a16c86a8612d8cec5078002a51d06683ac096

Those are some serious haboobs!

A haboob is a type of intense dust storm carried on an atmospheric gravity current, also known as a weather front. Haboobs occur regularly in dry land area regions throughout the world. Wikipedia

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TonyWenz said:

1e587b116d5697258b5efa0977d1c23b.jpg2a800b0b223045f9dc94a740f39a461a.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

Can you breathe when it's enveloping you..seems like you would inhale that dirt or sand into your lungs..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..