JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

Hi Jenny.

Most of us in our (Ross' and me) congregation when we go to an RV we'll have a brief note prepared (post it, or paper clipped) on the publication just in case they're not home. That's one way. Also it's a good way to start time before the meeting for service. If they're home we just leave it in there.

We even started taking down addresses for places in the territory that are marked "No Trespassing" or places like apartments, trailer courts (we only have one of those here). Than we can mail them a brief letter and include a tract. Whether we hear back from our them or not we've done our job letting them know about Jehovah. 

Thank you Linda ~ I so appreciate all those tips!   How do you go about finding names for those ones like the "No Trespassing" etc.  to avoid the use of "dear occupant" :-) what do you suggest? :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Proverbs 3:5-6 said:

Thank you Linda ~ I so appreciate all those tips!   How do you go about finding names for those ones like the "No Trespassing" etc.  to avoid the use of "dear occupant" :-) what do you suggest? :unsure:

I try to search online for names.  Dear neighbor is okay if no name can be extracted.  

37 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I try to search online for names.  Dear neighbor is okay if no name can be extracted.  

Ahhh yes - search online - I can do that - and I do like that too - Dear neighbor :)  Thanks Pauline!

The door to door thing is a whole new world and concept for me - I so appreciate hearing the different ideas on how folks approach their territories.

7 hours ago, Proverbs 3:5-6 said:

7 hours ago, kejedo said:

Great suggestion.

Actualy I've ever done the RV notes. Pioneers here are the ones that do a lot of letter writing.

Yeah, dear occupant is rather cold.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Well, right now weather apps are saying it's 52f, with 59% humidity. Hence it feels a lot warmer than that. I'm sweatin'.

Already took Sophie for a wheelie cart ride and I see a few more todayin her future. :D

Grrrr! Just took Sophie for a short wheelie cart ride to the post office. 

Typical U P weather warm one minute than the wind switches from the north/northwest and it's now 47f and cold. Grrrrrr!! 

My father-in-law just called from southern MO 1/2 way between Thayer and West Plains. It is raining there. They have had so much rain that for awhile, there was no way out by road.

At least one of the small communities is gone, especially after a couple of dams let go.

At West Plains, the Ford dealership lost all 300+ new cars plus customer cars.:depressed:

I told him if needs an ark, I noah guy.  He thinks he saw him on a large "boat" full of animals.:boating:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

There's been talk of flooding all over the place. Gratefully we don't get flooding here on the beaches but I sometimes feel like we should be waist deep in water, I'm so sick of months of rain. It rained so hard and such big drops last night before dark it looked like it was snowing. Then over night the deluge woke me up a couple times too, :angry:

Fella at work said it pours a few days then we have sun, intense sun which makes the grass grow like wildfire and then we barely have enough time to get it mowed before the rain torrents come down again! If nothing else the slugs are loving it, so far they've started decimating my innocent pea plants, hope it stops raining long enough for me to either salt them or get the beer out there for them.:angry:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Wow! We just had a whopper of thunder storm. ⚡ Already had Sophie's thunder shirt on her, which usually does a good job of calming her down. Still pants a little but not anywhere near as bad without it.

Well, today not so much. It didn't help much at all. B) Thunder was almost constant. I think that was the problem. 

It hasn't thundered now for a while but does still making the couch shake under me. 

Hopefully she'll calm down soon. 

18 hours ago, Loopy said:

Wow! We just had a whopper of thunder storm. ⚡ Already had Sophie's thunder shirt on her, which usually does a good job of calming her down. Still pants a little but not anywhere near as bad without it.

Well, today not so much. It didn't help much at all. B) Thunder was almost constant. I think that was the problem. 

It hasn't thundered now for a while but does still making the couch shake under me. 

Hopefully she'll calm down soon. 

My Suki doesn't like thunder either. We find the thunder shirt helpful, but it can be so humid I worry about overheating her. I recently started using essential oils, and found that a blend called Peace & Calming helps. Also, lavender will knock Diva out when she's stressing when my husband is away overnight, so I may give that a try on Suki next thunderstorm.

6 minutes ago, Sylv said:

My Suki doesn't like thunder either. We find the thunder shirt helpful, but it can be so humid I worry about overheating her. I recently started using essential oils, and found that a blend called Peace & Calming helps. Also, lavender will knock Diva out when she's stressing when my husband is away overnight, so I may give that a try on Suki next thunderstorm.

Essential oils can work wonders. 

Mid to upper 90's (F), dry with no rain or cooler temps in sight and a chance of wildfires.

That's Florida for you

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Welp, looks like we're in for another round of thunder storms. Right now ⚡lightning is less than 6 miles away. And it is pouring out there. 

Sophie has her thunder shirt on. And is beside me on the couch. 

Looks like it could be another long night. 

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/weather 

^^ weather for my area of Michigan. 

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Mid to upper 90's (F), dry with no rain or cooler temps in sight and a chance of wildfires.

That's Florida for you

California too....

The weather may be similar but our oranges are better....:D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We just got an inch of rain in about twenty minutes.  Lots of close lightning strikes and thunderboomers, too.

First significant rainfall we've received all month.  Only 46 degrees F.  here.:uhhuh:

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Spell check *eye roll*

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

California too....

The weather may be similar but our oranges are better....:D

Not so sure about that .... our Orange Juice is 100% Florida Natural .... none of that cross-border juice mixed in :lol:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We've had a heat wave the last couple of days,  yesterday was nearly 100F. 

Our CO visit starts tonight and the forecast is a sudden drop to the low 70s for the rest of the week and then hot again next week. 

I wonder how he does that....:confused:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We've had a heat wave the last couple of days,  yesterday was nearly 100F. 

Our CO visit starts tonight and the forecast is a sudden drop to the low 70s for the rest of the week and then hot again next week. 

I wonder how he does that....:confused:

The big Weather Guy in the sky?   Or your C.O.?   ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

While I was out a severe short thunderstorm went through -about 1PM EDT.

My wife was in the bedroom and lightening struck just outside our window - it fried my camcorder which was hanging beside closet door on an interior wall - 3 feet from window.

Come to think of it, the walls are plaster over wire mesh, thus maybe it came through the wall.

The air conditioner works fine - so far, but my camcorder :depressed: but the 64Gb sd card inside works ( in a card reader )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

This happened to us last year..lightening struck an aluminum ladder leaning against back of the house and damaged the plasma 65" TV, totalled a new sound system, Tivo and new BT dvd player. Fortunately, insurance covered most of it.

I  unplug my TV and computer now whenever an electrical storm is in my area.

And I moved the ladder :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..