JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

1 hour ago, Margaret said:

I am the only JW in a house of 7 people. We made our beds tonight with exra blankets in case the electric goes out. Wind gusts have been up to 50 miles an hour.

5a279f331e1ab_Grouphug.gif.a451cedcb5b932b1fe497edbef39c220.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Balmy winter day. 56 degrees no wind and a week of sunny days ahead. Typically pelting rain with hurricane winds on the Oregon Coast.
Looking out my backdoor:
5a27121fc3874_Whatweather.png.3a327b06f1522530fa1d9a852fe57b13.png
@Wow! Gorgeous view... I love watching the Ocean.

I don't like to swim in it. Only did it once about 50 years ago.
I will try again in paradise.
I like the Great Lakes... No sharks or stinging jelly fish...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Yikes, snow in Louisiana! :D:D Share the wealth is all I can say. 

Sorry in advance for any friends in that state. 

I still I’ll have to go out and clear my driveway. :hammer:

E3B900B6-F869-4D73-ADB4-4006553C7CC3.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just came in from cleaning the driveway and filling up the empty gas container. Got a foot or more. X( snow was really coming down earlier this afternoon but for now has quieted down quite a bit. 

This is is going to be a lo-ong winter.

Going to new w enjoy a well deserved Nacho Supreme from local pizza place. Yummy. :)-D O and a soda. 

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Just came in from cleaning the driveway and filling up the empty gas container. Got a foot or more. X( snow was really coming down earlier this afternoon but for now has quieted down quite a bit. 

This is is going to be a lo-ong winter.

Going to new w enjoy a well deserved Nacho Supreme from local pizza place. Yummy. :)-D O and a soda. 

Wow!:o  I don't even think we got an inch here, in Trenary.:mellow:

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

49 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Going to be a long cold winter. I don’t function very well in the cold. Anybody have some counted cross stitch supplies they don’t want?

No, but I’ve been busy crocheting afghans. Almost done with one and I think half way done with another one. Whew! 

Its to fun to see the smiles. 

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Wow!:o  I don't even think we got an inch here, in Trenary.:mellow:

Unfortunately, it’s east of Marquette and the Advisory said possible inch in Chatham so it doesn’t surprise me. :hammer:   :D

16 minutes ago, Loopy said:

No, but I’ve been busy crocheting afghans. Almost done with one and I think half way done with another one. Whew! 

Its to fun to see the smiles. 

Unfortunately, it’s east of Marquette and the Advisory said possible inch in Chatham so it doesn’t surprise me. :hammer:   :D

Just so long as it doesn't storm tomorrow for Sister Elaine's Memorial Service.:(

Sorry if I’m boring you dear brothers & sisters with all these weather updates. 

Guess what? We’re getting more snow, tonight & tomorrow. O yippeeee!!

We are in the 6-10 inch area. 

Yeah, 70% chance tonight & 90% tomorrow. 

4EA8B240-06FB-43AE-8215-E34B578DF690.jpeg

We are also having some inclement weather.

It was only in the 70's (F) today but the temps dropped with the all-day rain/drizzle. It is only supposed to be in the 50's tonight.

They are expecting rain, some rather heavy, all day tomorrow and by Sunday, it looks to get down to 32 overnight - with a wind chill in the 20's.

And to think - this is only December :(

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 minutes ago, Qapla said:

We are also having some inclement weather.

It was only in the 70's (F) today but the temps dropped with the all-day rain/drizzle. It is only supposed to be in the 50's tonight.

They are expecting rain, some rather heavy, all day tomorrow and by Sunday, it looks to get down to 32 overnight - with a wind chill in the 20's.

And to think - this is only December :(

I would think you had enough rain with the hurricanes....not that long ago. 

Yeah, only December..if this snow keeps up like this we could have another 300 inch winter. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Welp, the snow advisory so called ending has moved from 5 pm today to 2 pm Sunday. UGH!! 

Glad and I filled up the gas container yesterday. I’m gonna need it. 

1B8C64FB-6336-4B01-A43E-AC7E38771EA2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, the U P of Michigan is under a Winter storm warning now thru Tuesday 7 pm. :(

According to the warning article it was suppose to start at 4 pm. Right now, as the map shows there isn’t really anything going on. 

also according to the warning “Just call me Ross” area is only supposed to get 3 inches. We’ll just have to see what really happens. 

Weather forecasters haven't been right yet about snow amounts for our area. 

Oh yeah, how cold is it supposed to get this week in all your areas?  0* or less in the U P. 

231AD10F-3A50-471B-807E-8B19D80FE430.jpeg

87871E11-9665-463C-AE8C-9B0E8DFEFE9E.jpeg

Being down towards the bottom end of the planet, today promises to be a slightly warmer than I prefer, but a pleasant nonetheless, 33C. My garden is looking wonderful and green and cool albeit a smidge untidy, and everything is growing beautifully.  Winter is not good for me, even here in moderate climes, so I hope all you dear ones in these feezing temperatures can stay warm and comfy and safe. Hugs to you all. xo

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

23 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Being down towards the bottom end of the planet, today promises to be a slightly warmer than I prefer, but a pleasant nonetheless, 33C. My garden is looking wonderful and green and cool albeit a smidge untidy, and everything is growing beautifully.  Winter is not good for me, even here in moderate climes, so I hope all you dear ones in these feezing temperatures can stay warm and comfy and safe. Hugs to you all. xo

Yikes almost 92F. Yeah, too hot for me too. 

For us tomorrow & Tuesday: Wind chills will range from -20F to -30F.  Or -29C - or -34C

BRRRRRRRRR!!!

15 minutes ago, Loopy said:

For us tomorrow & Tuesday: Wind chills will range from -20F to -30F.  Or -29C - or -34C

BRRRRRRRRR!!!

The thing with our weather here is that we have very little humidity so even when it's hot it's not nearly as bad as when I go to England and it's 25C because their humidity is terrible.

The other thing, of course, is that we acclimatise to our weather conditions and I can't imagine how you deal with your well below freezing temps.  I don't think I could even look out the window in those temps, never mind actually go out in it. :lol:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

31 minutes ago, Loopy said:

BRRRRRRRRR!!!

That winter storm warning says 3-5 inches for west 'Alger and 10-12 inches for east Alger.

Better gas up your snowblower. :(

Well, so far nothing here in my area of the U P of Michigan. Woke up this morning to blue sky & sunshine. 

But right now around noon the windchill is -12F. Weather guy got that right. 

Looks like there’s a band over Lake Superior working it’s way toward us. 

Im still working up the bravery to go outside & check my driveway. Brrrrrr

7E3560F7-8224-4266-A309-1B8B7C83101F.jpeg

It's 3 degrees at 10:21 Mountain time.....the weatherman says

it will get down to -12 degrees tonight.....there's two feet of

snow on the ground ......and it's still snowing....they say

until tomorrow in Columbus, Montana.

Edited by nanceebgd46

change