JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

39 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

We just finished snow blowing, shoveling a foot of light fluffy snow. Getting too old for this!

Yes, I keep seeing weather reports for your area. :(

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

This was on the news - Frozen Shark washed up off Cap Cod beach: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-30/sharks-are-dying-in-the-united-states-because-its-so-cold/9294088

5a4718bc2cc04_frozenshark.jpg.606af45a668f6f2e59d4a113d8bf1f86.jpg

But here in sunny Perth it is 34C, and warming up.  As it should be this time of the year.  Finally.  Our sharks are fine, happy for us to share the surf with them.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

19 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This was on the news - Frozen Shark washed up off Cap Cod beach: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-30/sharks-are-dying-in-the-united-states-because-its-so-cold/9294088

5a4718bc2cc04_frozenshark.jpg.606af45a668f6f2e59d4a113d8bf1f86.jpg

Our sharks are fine, happy for us to share the surf with them.

And occasionally like to see if we taste good. :o

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

It’s 9:47 pm and it’s 35 degrees. The high is 34 and the low 18 degrees tomorrow. 18 degrees is pretty cold for north Texas.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:18 PM, DancesWithWife said:

Rural Banks, Oregon....

WP_20171225_09_55_43_Pro (2).jpg

I feel for you.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Well, we were under a winter storm warning thru Monday at 7 eastern, but they down grade it this morning to an advisory. It was kinda clear this morning driving to the K H for the meeting. Coming home not so much. It was white out conditions. 

Not to long after I got home it changed to blue sky/sunshine. 

Gotta love Yooper (Michigan) Weather.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

We are in a deep freeze. During my coldest time spent outside, back in Maine, the weather read 40 below. I can't remember if it was Celsius or Fahrenheit. Don't even get me started on Kelvin.  Okay, 233.15 , but that's my last thermal comment for today, absolutely. Except to wonder what ever happened to Centigrade.

Edited by kejedo

On 1/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, kejedo said:

We are in a deep freeze. During my coldest time spent outside, back in Maine, the weather read 40 below. I can't remember if it was Celsius or Fahrenheit. Don't even get me started on Kelvin.  Okay, 233.15 , but that's my last thermal comment for today, absolutely. Except to wonder what ever happened to Centigrade.

Hi Pauline -

Well from the deep freeze of 17 below in Newburgh the other day and a 1 degree in Jersey; 

suppose to hit a balmy 30 degrees in Jersey today.  :uhhuh:

It's a lovely sunny day here in Perth.  Probably the place to be right now.  Unlike the Sahara desert, which had snow.....

Snow has fallen in the hottest desert in the world after a winter storm hit the region.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/snow-falls-in-the-sahara-desert-for-just-the-third-time-in-nearly-40-years

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It's a lovely sunny day here in Perth.  Probably the place to be right now.  Unlike the Sahara desert, which had snow.....

Snow has fallen in the hottest desert in the world after a winter storm hit the region.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/snow-falls-in-the-sahara-desert-for-just-the-third-time-in-nearly-40-years

Would never expect that but the weather seems to be unusual everywhere. Even here in Perth our weather is unusally mild for the second year in a row and with really erratic temperature changes. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

No complaints about our basicly moderate weather here in Florida..even 50s during the day is ok..although 70ish today..however just saw this flood advisory for Tuxedo, N.Y...

Screenshot_2018-01-12-18-59-41-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

We are getting dense fog advisories.

How do you know if fog is dense?

Do you tell it a joke and see if it gets it?

Do you look for that deer in the headlights look?

Do you have to talk  to  it  real  slow?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We have an apocalyptic sun due to an out of control bushfire just a few kms away in the Perth hills, while we are waiting for a drenching from ex-cyclone Joyce to come later today.  It's hot, and really weird outside.

5a5b0c5352347_apocalypticsun.jpg.1d53210616069c2bd4754773955cfdba.jpg

5a5b0c7b63440_apocalypticsun2.jpg.cd980188e624320fb75cb32095b6f38f.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-14/smoke-plume-from-hills-fire-blankets-perth/9327970

8 hours ago, humblebumblebee said:

Moscow had its darkest December on record in 2017, getting just six minutes of sunshine instead of the normal one hour per day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-42722931

No wonder Putin’s so grouchy.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

We have only just begun day ONE of a two-day winter storm and the roads are already getting

bad enough to cause a bunch of wrecks.  I've got two scanners on and the one reporting

from just south of me is calling fire departments, ambulances and wreckers out, left and right.

Because the roads are so bad, they can't respond as quickly as they normally would.

It's not just the Upper Peninsula of Michigan that is getting hammered:

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice are occurring. This will make travel very hazardous or
impossible. https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=2b2b61f754dee7dd&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

DCT_SPECIAL1_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h=

Blizzard Warnings Issued as Winter Storm Jaxon

Brings Snow and Wind to Plains, Midwest

and Northern New England

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-01-21-winter-storm-jaxon-blizzard-warning-plains-midwest-northern-new

Happening Now

Blizzard or near-blizzard conditions are ongoing in parts of Nebraska, northwest Iowa, southeast South Dakota and southwest Minnesota.

Snow and gusty winds are also now affecting the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro, northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.

Dangerous travel conditions are likely in all of the areas mentioned above through the afternoon and evening commute.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

DUKaRc-UQAEYSgn.jpg

More

This This what whiteout conditions look like On US 169 near Burt (just north of Algona) in Kossuth County. NWS Des Moines, Iowa

Driving in a whiteout is TERRIFYING!!!:o

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The Mother City  ( Cape Town as it is known) is notorious for it’s unpredictable weather, and at times it really can seem to have four seasons in one day. Like Murphy’s Law; you’ll leave your house with your warmest coat on, on a cold day, and a few hours later you’ll be ripping it off and wishing you’d worn shorts - it’s even worse if you’re dressed for summer and suddenly winter decides to arrive.

images.jpg

Cape Town Thunderstorms 1.JPG

1024px-Aerial_View_of_Sea_Point,_Cape_Town_South_Africa.jpg

cape-town-weather.jpg