JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ariana Grande Concert Blast on UK

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2500 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Heard there are fatalities!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stop, take a deep breath and tell us something, source would be good. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths-injuries-confirmed-after-explosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

At Least 19 Killed in Possible Suicide Blast at Manchester Arena Concert Featuring Ariana Grande

by Andrew Blankstein, Robert Windrem, Alex Johnson and Tom Winter

At least 19 people were killed and about 50 others were injured in a suspected suicide bombing Monday night after an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, authorities said.

Greater Manchester Police said the incident was being treated as terrorism.

Multiple U.S. officials briefed on the investigation told NBC News that preliminary reports indicate that a single explosion took place outside the arena on the southwest side, opposite the Manchester Victoria transit station, which is part of the greater arena complex.

The explosion occurred as the concert ended at about 10:35 p.m. (5:35 p.m. ET)

, catching people as they exited.

Edited by CyreJay

This makes me so sad. These sick perverts may as well have blown up a school. Probably a lot of teenagers among the victims. I can't imagine all the pain this will cause and my thoughts go out to the families who suffered a loss or have a family member in hospital now. Not to mention all the many victims of fear and panic.

Ariana Grande is one of the top modern music artists of our time (and a great voice) so this is going to cause a huge wave. Any bet this one will be blamed on "religion".

Death toll risen to 22 including children. 

Caused by a single attacker who died at the scene. 

My niece goes to Manchester university and could well have been there. Fortunately for our family, she was home in Wales last night. Feeling so dreadfully sorry for the parents who have lost their babies because of this monster's selfishness. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-manchester-40007967?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I went to the Manchester Arena Convention after the IRA (Irish Republican Army) blew up the nearby Arndale Shopping Centre and Royal Corn Exchange shopping Mall. Even though it was a few weeks after the event, the smell of acrid burnt material still hung in the air. 

We had business associates who had shops in the Royal Corn Exchange. Our business is with mostly vintage collectable toys, like theirs was. Terry's store had lots of rare battery operated tin toys - robots and spaceships made originally in Japan - all mint condition & boxed and the store was in the cellar part of the building, so the foam and water from the fire-brigade trucks had flooded it out and destroyed all his stock, even though the bomb didn't do damage below street level. 

At least the IRA would sometimes give a few minutes warning via anonymous phone-calls so that the buildings could be evacuated - which they did in that instance. Our other acquaintance, Irving, closed his store in the Royal Exchange and went out into the street and went into a phone booth to ring his wife, Mariam, to tell her he was coming home early when the bomb went off. Thousands of bits of glass shot at the perspex phone-booth and scoured it so he couldn't see out any more. The booth saved his life, he would have been shredded without it!

Our congregation is assigned to Newcastle Arena this year, so we aren't at Manchester.

So sad when watching TV and desperate parents are holding photographs of their young teen children and begging for information as they have not returned home from the concert there last night. Sad pictures of hundreds of panicking youngsters running from the concert with pink balloons everywhere - fun gone very bad! 

Thankfully our Manchester relatives and their children weren't there - but it could have been otherwise!

My wife saw a picture on a news feed that showed one of our carts within the police tape. I haven't found the picture so I don't know the source, has anyone seen it?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My wife saw a picture on a news feed that showed one of our carts within the police tape. I haven't found the picture so I don't know the source, has anyone seen it?

can't believe that our carts are so late at night still on the streets......