JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW missing in NC.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2511 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's indeed a very violent world and cab drivers have to be careful. Last month here in Lagos, Nigeria a horrifying story was told in the news about an uber driver murdered for his vehicle.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/killed-uber-driver-steal-vehicle-suspect/

I wish our brother is safe wherever he is.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Old and 8,000,000 others 'don't like'

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

That is so sad. I wonder why they only kept the two for questioning? Or perhaps they got enough information somehow to know that the other two in the vehicle were for sure innocent?

1 hour ago, M&M said:

That is so sad. I wonder why they only kept the two for questioning? Or perhaps they got enough information somehow to know that the other two in the vehicle were for sure innocent?

Yes!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

:no: How wicked.  What a sick, sick world this is. 

Yes, it's a sick world that produces so many sociopathic young black men who can be labeled domestic terrorists!

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

I echo what some of you have commented that this is, undoubtedly, a wicked world as  1 John 5:19 reminds us so.  This dear brother  - to all who knew and loved him - was deceived and lured into a trap, kidnapped, taken away from his loving family and ultimately murdered;  a terrible tragedy indeed.  I pray that his surviving family and congregation finds comfort in Jehovah's promises for the near future.  (Rev. 21: 3,4).  This tragedy also reminds me of what God had said  that [...]Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time.--Genesis. 6:5.

Mankind's wickedness today, as in Noah's day, is still "great on the earth" and our God Jehovah, through his reigning Son Jesus Christ, will very soon act quickly and decisively to wipe out all who do evil.   But we must be mindful however, that sociopathic criminals, terrorists, etc. who perform wicked acts come in all shapes, sizes, shades and complexions.  Crime does not discriminate.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I echo what some of you have commented that this is, undoubtedly, a wicked world as  1 John 5:19 reminds us so.  This dear brother  - to all who knew and loved him - was deceived and lured into a trap, kidnapped, taken away from his loving family and ultimately murdered;  a terrible tragedy indeed.  I pray that his surviving family and congregation finds comfort in Jehovah's promises for the near future.  (Rev. 21: 3,4).  This tragedy also reminds me of what God had said  that [...]Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time.--Genesis. 6:5.

Mankind's wickedness today, as in Noah's day, is still "great on the earth" and our God Jehovah, through his reigning Son Jesus Christ, will very soon act quickly and decisively to wipe out all who do evil.   But we must be mindful however, that sociopathic criminals, terrorists, etc. who perform wicked acts come in all shapes, sizes, shades and complexions.  Crime does not discriminate.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. No argument there, but I was speaking statistically, and I saw the two men arrested in this case happened to be 20 and 25 year-old black men. There seems to be, for whatever reason, a preponderance of evidence that this wicked system we live in produces or creates an inordinate percentage of young black men who prey upon the innocent in perpetrating these heinous crimes, without even a slight pang of conscience.  What the reason is, I could only begin to speculate.

Edited by minister159

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

http://www.wcnc.com/mb/news/local/hundreds-pay-tribute-at-memorial-service-for-slain-uber-driver/443993404

Family and friends say their final goodbyes to an Uber driver found dead in Rock Hill last week.  A memorial service for Marlo Medina-Chevez, 44, was held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Northeast Charlotte. The service moved to the Hubbard Road location since it is one of the biggest halls in the area.  However, it still could not accommodate the more than 1200 mourners that came out to pay their respects.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:57 AM, minister159 said:

Yes, it's a sick world that produces so many sociopathic young black men who can be labeled domestic terrorists!

??? wow. :(

The killer in the article above is a white girl.

It was a white guy who slashed three men, killing two, last Friday in Portland, near where I live. Those men were trying to defend two Muslim girls from his horrible harassment.  Pretty much textbook domestic terrorist.

No shortage of evil people anywhere.

Not to derail the subject, but just pointing out that the preponderance of limited life skills and circumstances (ie poverty) does bump up the averages for who is committing the crimes.  They see themselves as dis-enfranchised from an otherwise exclusive and seemingly affluent "white" society, whatever their own race or background or colour.  It is the same disenfranchisement we are seeing with so-called "home-grown" terrorists who are children of good Muslim families but who feel they don't fit in and so align themselves  with those who show "power" through violence.  All crime is spiraling way out of control, as the many factors (as well as poverty throw in mental illness, drug abuse, family breakdown, greed, covetousness and other immoral traits) combine now in our day to form the perfect storm.

Innocents like our dear brother above are paying the price, and Jehovah sees it all and will repay.

I am deeply saddened to say the least. Even though it will be 5 years many of us in the Portland, Oregon area still think of Whitney Heichel and the outpouring of support. The world has much evil, but there are still those rightly disposed to hear the good news.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/hundreds-pay-tribute-at-memorial-service-for-slain-uber-driver/443993404

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”