JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dutch national detained in Russia Attended Meeting.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2499 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The police raided a house that Brothers were meeting in and detained everyone including a dutch national. He was a Brother. here is the article from JW.ORG. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/danish-jw-arrested-when-police-raid-christian-meeting/

Can you say disturbance in the King of the North? 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

2 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

The police raided a house that Brothers were meeting in and detained everyone including a dutch national. He was a Brother. here is the article from JW.ORG. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/danish-jw-arrested-when-police-raid-christian-meeting/

Can you say disturbance in the King of the North? 

Don't want to be picky but it's actually a Dane, not a Dutchman. Agree with the KOTN thought, though.

Update from jw-russia.org: he has been jailed for 2 months. 

https://jw-russia.org/news/17052709-170.html

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Don't rush ahead of the chariot. 

...you'll either get run over or miss the turn...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

That was a surmising not a statement of fact.

I took it that way.  We are all watching and waiting for the KOTN to show himself and this isn't the first time Russia has been speculated on in this forum. :)

The vandalism and arrests are awful, and still blows my mind that it is happening in our day. If I didn't know where this is all heading, I'd be very scared for any quality of life living in Russia. May you faithful brothers and sisters keep close to Jehovah, the only one who can save you through this.

It is very sad what happening in Russia. Brothers and sisters need endurance and our prayers can be very helpful. 

In the meanwhile when I hear bad news from Russia, strait away China, North Corea, Eritrea and other countries pops into my mind where brothers are persecuted. They too need our prayers. We who enjoy the freedom of religion often take for granted our freedom. Soon, very soon Jehovah will bring his justice on earthand every one who truly loves Jehovah will be freed from the slavery of this system of things. Altho the suffering in this system

is very difficult to endure, its worth to stay faithful as Jehovah can see what brothers going through. And as Paul said in Romans 8:18: ". . . the sufferings of the present time do not amount to anything in comparison with the glory that is going to be revealed in us.

The persecution has 2 sides, negative and positive. The positive side is that when we are persecuted our faith becomes sharp and our love to one and other becomes more strong. I say this from my personal experience. 

Soon we all will be persecuted and we all will need each other's prayers and encouragement. May Jehovah strengthen our brothers faith in those countries where they are persecuted. Jehovah sees all. 

"Dutch national detained in Russia Attended Meeting." Is  this what is meant by fake news?  :unsure:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Our brother Dennis Christensen from Denmark has been arrested along with some of our Russian brothers due to going against the current ban in Russia.

Just seen this on our official site:

I bet things will step up a notch now Russia has trampled on the rights of a European citizen.

I'm sure that we will all want to mention these brothers in our prayers, especially Dennis who is in a foreign country. It must be a nightmare for him.

PS. I notice this is from 26th May. I should look at the news section more often! Anyone know how he is getting along? If he is still in prison?

Edited by Stoffer

It's bigger on the inside!

2 hours ago, Stoffer said:

Our brother Dennis Christensen from Denmark has been arrested along with some of our Russian brothers due to going against the current ban in Russia.

PS. I notice this is from 26th May. I should look at the news section more often! Anyone know how he is getting along? If he is still in prison?

Yes he is.  Appeal will be heard on 7th June. I have C&P full transcript translated into English ... so you don't have to. :)

https://jw-russia.org/news/17060210-174.html

June 7, 2017 at 14:00 Orel Regional Court will consider an appeal against the decision of the 2-month detention of the local Jehovah's Witness, Dennis Kristensen, a Danish citizen. He was arrested on May 25, 2017 during a joint with fellow believers of the Bible reading. He, peace-loving and dear person, faces up to 10 years in prison on charges of organizing an extremist community.

Complaint to the District Court's decision on measures of restraint in the form of detention was filed May 29, 2017. May 30 in the Orel prison Christensen met with the Danish consul.

May 29, 2017 in the judicial board on criminal cases of the Oryol Regional Court filed an appeal on the court decision on measures of restraint in the form of detention against a local resident, a foreign citizen Dennis Christensen.

Lawyer believer considers the decision illegal and asks him to cancel. The Court was obliged to point out why it is impossible to choose a milder measure, but this was not done. As indicated by the fact that Christensen is a Danish citizen (according to the Court, can escape from the investigation bodies) as the sole justification for the election of the most severe measure of restraint Court. Other unsubstantiated arguments of the investigator about the need to detain the accused the court rejected.

In addition, the court took such a severe decision only on the basis of his religion, despite the fact that he had no previous convictions, has a permanent place of residence and work, which is characterized positively, and despite the fact that his behavior is fundamentally different from the behavior of those who seeking to foment enmity, hatred and humiliation of human dignity. This means that the court discriminated against on the basis of nationality or attitude to religion.

Extremism or incitement to hatred, and strangers from the Jehovah's Witnesses as they follow humane precepts of Jesus Christ. They deny all charges of extremism as an extremely erroneous

6 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Yes he is.  Appeal will be heard on 7th June. I have C&P full transcript translated into English ... so you don't have to. :)

Thanks so much Terri.

Edited by carlos

On 6/4/2017 at 5:57 PM, GeordieGirl said:

June 7, 2017 at 14:00 Orel Regional Court will consider an appeal against the decision of the 2-month detention of the local Jehovah's Witness, Dennis Kristensen, a Danish citizen. 

That is 12 hours from now....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news from: http://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/jehovahs-witness-denied-appeal-russian-court

JEHOVAH’S WITNESS WILL REMAIN IN PRETRIAL DETENTION

Dennis Christensen, a Jehovah’s Witness that has been held since May 25 on charges of extremist activity, was denied his appeal for his pretrial incarceration.

Mr. Christensen, a Danish Citizen was arrested for being a member of the of the Oryol Local Religious Organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, an organization he is not a member of. The pretrial detention is to continue until the Federal Security Service (FSB) concludes a criminal investigation.

The Oryol Religious Organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses was eliminated and the decision was upheld by the Russian Supreme Court in April 2017. Mr. Christensen has been denied visits and phone calls by family and friends.