JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I assume it's too late there for any carts to be on the bridge...

Can anyone confirm that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Can anyone confirm that?

I hope no cart witnessing was taking place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just watching live on Sky News in the U.K. 

Theres seems to have been a terrorist attack on London Bridge! A van drove into people & a knife attack followed. 

2nd incident at Borough market...not clear what's happened there.

seems to be happening weekly over here at the moment! We all need to 'keep on the watch' as this system is going down fast....

Hi all just to say am safe its getting dangerous living the uk

No more dangerous than anywhere else in the world. A recent suicide bomber in Kabul killed 80 people in a 'safe' part of town, and just yesterday 20 people were killed at a wedding. And this, according to European migration authorities, is a safe place to send back immigrants.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

59 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Hi all just to say am safe its getting dangerous living the uk

Hi Lee, thank you for updating that you are safe.  We all worry for our brothers and sisters affected by these horrible events, and hope this time they've all managed to be safe too.

Johan it is so true what you said.  A lot more people are being killed in bombs going off in non-Western lands.  It's just the way our news outlet reports for the western world.  It affects us Westerners more when one terror incident goes off in London, or Paris, or Madrid, than it does when tens or hundreds die in Kabul, or Cairo, or Istanbul.  But not to Jehovah, and not to his people - we ache for his Kingdom to end all this.

But in the bigger picture, this is really adding to the extreme fear and anxiety all are feeling (Luke 21:26).  Westerners don't feel safe in their cities.  They can't ignore that the world has become a scarier place than ever before.  It is a war, but not in the conventional sense.  They can't fight terrorism.  It's like a Hydra, they killed Osama but more sprung up to replace him.  More evil and more calculating, since the 'lone wolf' and 'home grown' terrorist are the hardest to track.  And how do you stop the vehicle hitting pedestrians tragedies, now seemingly a more preferred way of mass killings.  Even though the knifing may kill less people, the extreme fear it evokes means people don't feel safe in their own neighbourhoods going to cafes and restaurants as part of their daily normal lives.

But there is no normal anymore.

1 hour ago, RichardPNZ said:

With anything like this it makes it difficult to see when the cries of Peace and Security will happen. I know Jehovah has a timetable  and it will happen 

The increasing terror attacks of late would intensify and unite world leaders in their efforts of destroying terror groups. The pundits expect ISIS to be driven out of Mosul this month and out of Raqqa by the end of the year. This, combined with the intensying effort to strike the Israel Palestine peace deal, could lead to the cries of peace. But the window of opportunity would be very short as we all know that terror attacks can't be eliminated by human leaders. 

Edited by JW-Ind

President May said: 'enough is enough'. Our news reported asks how she would like to fight against it.

Theresa May said England needs to change something, and need to become harder. This place is a breeding place for extremism, and there is too much tolerance for extremism. If somebody has been arrested for suspicion of extremism activities, then we must hold them longer in arrest.

As you can see, these situations makes governments harder. And if this keeps going like this it will be really enough for them, cause they see that nothing will stop this kind of terror. This is because you can't stop individuals and their thinking.

My suspicion on this is that they will eventually be desperate on how to solve this matter. The root of all this evil is based on religion. It's a distorted view on islamic beliefs, but it is religion. Beside all other evil that comes from religion like child abuse and killing between nations because of beliefs. It could be the 'enough is enough' for al governments.

But if you want to eliminate terrorists, then ban religion from every country. Only the extremists will remain. Extreme from government point of view... people that will die for their believe, no matter what.

Arrest this kind of people, and the bad influences on other people will disappear.

Everyone will eventually give up their belief, cause the generation that lives now aren't active in religion anymore. Statistics show that even the latest muslim generation doesn't really believe anymore. Because of their fear for saying this in public ensures that we don't hear about it that much.

If there's a ban on religion, more issues will be solved than benefits that it will bring. But this can only be done if they fight this worldwide, and not individual.

And because you can't rely on each other anymore (governments among themselves). (Discussion from last week about G7, that every government must stand up for itself, cause US is an unreliable ally (like Russia)). They are really the toes!

They need an organ that will stand up for them.... well we know this one.

This is how the world situations seems to fit exactly on the bible prophecy. 

'O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and beyond tracing out his ways are!'

I'm very curious if this all will get another twist. Because there is a lot happening in this world at the moment. We don't know the agenda of the government. But they like to have a world order themselves. And that is certainly not a place where religion fits in. So they can grab any topic to start their attack on religion. As long as they can justify it before the main population. And that's what they're doing by using the main stream media to indoctrinate us by pointing fingers to others. Most of the population will tell you that what the government is doing, is right. They are blinded.

I see parts falling in to place regarding not just removing Islamic but religious extremism, hence all religions by the governments. That's why we are in the picture too. We know we are going to be attacked last after the respite; we know what's coming. That's why Satan wants us to be attacked "first" because of "religious extremism" as we see what is happening in Russia. This is going to be amazing. Jehovah is about to do things with "style"!

I see parts falling in to place regarding not just removing Islamic but religious extremism, hence all religions by the governments. That's why we are in the picture too. We know we are going to be attacked last after the respite; we know what's coming. That's why Satan wants us to be attacked "first" because of "religious extremism" as we see what is happening in Russia. This is going to be amazing. Jehovah is about to do things with "style"!

They can attack us all they want. We maintain peace. (Eze 38:11)

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, skipdaflip said:

Theresa May said England needs to change

It sounds like May and Trump have something in common, this might strengthen their union. I wonder if we'll see them work on a Travel Ban together. 

Stronger iron, more clay.... 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It sounds like May and Trump have something in common, this might strengthen their union. I wonder if we'll see them work on a Travel Ban together. 

Stronger iron, more clay.... 

A travel ban is useless against extremists that are British citizens, born and bred here.  None of the attacks in the UK has had anything to do with  recent immigrants.  We await details on the perpetrators of the latest horrific crime but my expectation is that they will prove to be 2nd or 3rd generation British citizens.

There is no doubt these attacks will provoke some more radical action by the British government.  We are 4 days from an election and the polls have been closing the gap between the incumbent and the opposition.  "Strong and stable leadership" has been the mantra from the PM so she will want to see this pushed forward ASAP to convince the public the country is safe in her hands.

It will be interesting to see the developments.  I don't see any chance of some ban on Islam but internment of suspected extremists or imprisonment of those who have travelled to Syria/Libya could well be up for discussion.

Had a scary false alarm last night. A brother and a sister weren't replying to messages from his sister until the early hours. Turns out he had battery problems on his phone. They were visiting somewhere in London.

The brother was in our congregation but married and moved to Kent a couple of years ago. 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

We had a visit from our daughter and granddaughters on Friday. They drove down from Yorkshire - a last minute sort of decision - and went back on Saturday evening.

Had they not been visiting, we had planned a visit to Borough Market, one of our favourite places to go in London.  We would not have been there at 10pm, but these attacks can take place at any time of day.  We know the area very well, and love to walk on London Bridge, walk by the river to Hay's Galleria, shop in the market and eat at a local restaurant.

Will this attack stop our visits? Absolutely NOT.  

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Can anyone confirm that?

Tortuga,

It happened after 10pm. We don't do cart witnessing after 10pm

38 minutes ago, bohemian said:

We had a visit from our daughter and granddaughters on Friday. They drove down from Yorkshire - a last minute sort of decision - and went back on Saturday evening.

Had they not been visiting, we had planned a visit to Borough Market, one of our favourite places to go in London.  We would not have been there at 10pm, but these attacks can take place at any time of day.  We know the area very well, and love to walk on London Bridge, walk by the river to Hay's Galleria, shop in the market and eat at a local restaurant.

Will this attack stop our visits? Absolutely NOT.  

I live in London. Every time I pass city centre feel unsafe.