JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Huge fire engulfs West London Tower Block

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

I am having a difficult time shaking the fact that approximately (79) humans died in that fire...it's impossible for me to

just ignore what happened to these folks....just move on...NO, their unbelievable suffering sticks with me.

It's almost incomprehensible!

Though this sad tragedy strikes me too, I admonish you to put it into perspective. In the past 10 days since this catastrophe, statistically, 50.000 children have died of hunger and 3.000 children by war and violence.

Jehovah sees all details of everything that goes on at the moment, and he is enduring, so we do well to follow his example and be patient.

The time will come to judge this wicked system  :heart:

An update on jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/united-kingdom/fire-20170627/

Four witnesses evacuated, 2 of which were residents of the building. They've completely lose all of their possessions and homes but at least they have their lives. Nice to know they're being looked after.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:16 AM, nanceebgd46 said:

I am having a difficult time shaking the fact that approximately (79) humans died in that fire...it's impossible for me to

just ignore what happened to these folks....just move on...NO, their unbelievable suffering sticks with me.

It's almost incomprehensible!

Sister,  your compassion is commendable,  it's a large part of how we all feel.  That is our assignment,  helping people flee this burning system that the biggest loser has created. ..it is not surprising that you feel pain at their loss...

Try to find comfort in Ruebans comment above and also the fact that Jesus is in charge of the Resurrection,  all those poor people have a good chance of coming back,  they may not have survived Jehovahs day of wrath. ..they are actually in a better position now than if they survived the fire....