JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watch as FSB storm a JW meeting in Orel, Russia and detain Dennis Christensen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2474 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just wondering, other than at the end I don't believe I saw anyone praying. Of course I'm sure there were some silent prayers going on. What are your thoughts? Obvious prayer or silent.

For myself, I know I do not always remember to pray when I am in a difficult situation so I pray for help in that. Now I try to look for situations to pray about in a more conscious way. I think I/we will need this a lot more in the future. 

So proud of how our brothers maintained their composure and dignity, they remained calmed and I'm sure they impressed some if not all those policemen. We must constantly keep them and all our brothers in our prayers because this can and possibly will happen to some of us in this time of the end. Jehovah will reward them for their faith and obedience.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Russian strong-arming in the 21st century; it defies description! (Did you see that FSB agent pick up that brother and move him away from the door?!)

Indeed, we are "on the outside looking in" but it's heartrending to actually see how treacherously our brothers and sisters are dealt with there.   May Jehovah our God continue to be with the family.

Such cowards attacking a peaceful group. Do they not realise they are poking God himself in the eye and that it cannot possibly end well? Brother Christensen is educated with the School for Single Brothers and was assigned to work in Russia.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Thank you for for the post. Very disturbing but our brothers keep their composure during all this. 

More prayers. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Fantasic! I am curious as to the source of the video. Was FSB documenting their raid? Was a news organization doing the filming?

Anyone have subtitles or transaltion?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, alohapaulette said:

They hired the worst videographer.

????  It is raw footage, why the worst videogapher?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

I noticed that the "mask men" had no weapons, interesting.

Probably to keep them from shooting each other.  :lol:

15 hours ago, Your Brother said:

Just wondering, other than at the end I don't believe I saw anyone praying. Of course I'm sure there were some silent prayers going on. What are your thoughts? Obvious prayer or silent.

For myself, I know I do not always remember to pray when I am in a difficult situation so I pray for help in that. Now I try to look for situations to pray about in a more conscious way. I think I/we will need this a lot more in the future. 

Likely over 8,000,000 of us praying for them on a regular basis.

12 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Such cowards attacking a peaceful group. Do they not realise they are poking God himself in the eye and that it cannot possibly end well? Brother Christensen is educated with the School for Single Brothers and was assigned to work in Russia.

Johan

True that. 

(Zechariah 2:8) For this is what Jehovah of armies says, who after being glorified has sent me to the nations that were plundering you: ‘Whoever touches you touches the pupil of my eye.

Our brothers have to endure for now. Their haughtiness in storming in there reminds me of Ezek 38:11

2012 Watchtower: [Soon Satan will gather his armies and launch what will be his greatest assault on these peaceable and seemingly defenseless people. (Ezekiel 38:8-12; Revelation 16:13, 14, 16) How can you be sure of that fact? The Bible describes specific events that help us to know when the battle of Armageddon will come. Many of the events it identifies are already being fulfilled.]

Does anyone know if the person that posted that video on youtube is a Witness or what?

I saw a thread a few weeks ago where someone on jwtalk is Russian and speaks/types English. Maybe they can translate some or give the gist of what is being said?

5 hours ago, Isa.48.17 said:

I see holstered weapons, they just don't have them drawn. I'm curious, why do you find that "interesting?"

I reviewed it again, and I saw them, I guess it was all the black clothing, I didn't noticed them the first time . The reason I thought it was interesting that they had no weapons, is because they know we are a peaceful people.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)