JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

N. Iceland Viking grave

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2477 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I heard this on the news this morning. Found it interesting. Gonna have so many different people to meet in the NS

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/archaeologists-n-iceland-discover-viking-age-chief-buried-ship-his-sword-and-dog

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

When he gets up... He will ask ...

Wherer is my sford?:touche:

Wherer is my dok?

We'll need to calm him down ... and explain that replacement dog is already arranged for him , but forget about the sword LOL :tsk:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

When he gets up... He will ask ...
Wherer is my sford?:touche:
Wherer is my dok?

We'll need to calm him down ... and explain that replacement dog is already arranged for him , but forget about the sword LOL :tsk:

I'd be surprised if he spoke English at all. He might have been given a new language together with everyone else, or he might say something like

"Hvar är minn sverð?" or something like that.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

I'd be surprised if he spoke English at all. He might have been given a new language together with everyone else, or he might say something like

"Hvar är minn sverð?" or something like that.

Johan

:)

Since the experts are saying he was most likely very wealthy (buried with the boat was not usually done) and maybe a king or something it'll be interesting to find out how he behaves. I keep thinking about this sort of thing when I see things of the past dug up. It will be so very interesting to meet these people who lived so long ago and such a different life that we know today. Boy do WE have a lot to learn. The wealth of knowledge we're going to be able to glean from these ones, the way things were done so beautifully so long ago. How on earth did they do things with out modern tools like we now have.  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34