JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Name Food Alphabetically - from Bible Times

Stormswift

Juice (from grapes)

[...]he shall abstain from wine and strong drink; he shall drink no vinegar, whether made from wine or strong drink, nor shall he drink any grape juice nor eat fresh or dried grapes.--Numbers 6:3  (New American Standard Bible)

Edited by Omo_Yeme

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anybody mention lintels, the stuff Esau ate?

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

A quick search of this thread seems to show that yours is the first mention of linlels - even if it is out of alphabetic sequence

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

33 minutes ago, Qapla said:

A quick search of this thread seems to show that yours is the first mention of linlels - even if it is out of alphabetic sequence

Yeah I know it’s out of alphabetic sequence. I just went to the posts that were mentioning the foods starting with the letter L and didn’t see it. I was wondering if someone later said it. Oh and even though I checked the spelling on it I still spelled it wrong. It’s lentils. I knew I was gonna do that. 

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I checked the spelling on it I still spelled it wrong. It’s lentils. I knew I was gonna do that. 

That's OK. When I searched the thread, I used various spellings.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 hours ago, Good-O said:

morsels 

Ps 147:17; Eze 13:19 

not sure this will pass.  

We are actually up to 'Z' .. some, no names mentioned :lol: .. had an out of sequence discussion about lentils and threw everyone off. 

Zatar - Zatar dates back to ancient Egypt. It's a middle eastern spice mix made from dried herbs, including thyme and oregano, sesame seeds, sumac and salt.  (Yes!!  I Googled it.  How many ancient foods do you know starting with 'Z :tongue: ).

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, 50gumbys said:

Apples

Not commercially grown, but harvested wild when in season.

I visited the Middle East and fell in love with Zatar!!

I have a jar in my cupboard - and love it!

Barley

Oooh. We're in the same country. Can I come for a visit and have a pinhead size taste?  :upsidedown: xo

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.