JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

News Article About JW Couple's Cake Business

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2468 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's always nice to read a light-hearted news article but it is especially so when it is one that deals with our brothers and sisters. The article source was taken from: 

http://www.theledger.com/news/20170621/lakeland-couple-makes-ice-cream-sandwiches-with-twist

I've copied and included the text here as per usual. The article is mainly about married couple Patrick and Sarah Mulcahy and how they started their own ice-cream cake making business. (Bold italics mine).

Lakeland couple makes ice cream sandwiches with a twist

By Eric Pera Posted Jun 21, 2017 at 3:31 PM Updated at 8:20 AM

Using a catchy name and pure, wholesome ingredients, a Lakeland couple has methodically crafted a business built on an enduring, frozen novelty – the ice cream sandwich.

Patrick and Sarah Mulcahy stumbled on the idea for A Cow Named Moo roughly three years ago, driven by desperation to earn income while devoting much of their time to their real passion – serving as volunteer sign language interpreters at church.

Today, the Mulcahys say they’re making ends meet by selling their sweet treats at several retail locations in Lakeland and Winter Haven. They’re also finding growth in the wedding business.

″(Customers) say, ’We’re not cake people,″ says Sarah Mulcahy, 39, who, like her husband, never made ice cream until they formed their business.

Patrick and Sarah Mulcahy.jpg

Full story removed.  Please post only excerpts only and then link to the entire article.

Edited by Shawnster

Copyright

It's bigger on the inside!

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Very nice and only a couple hours from where I live 

Hmm double post

Edited by pnutts

double post

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Ice cream should be the real deal or not at all (look at the ingredient list on some of those store bought buckets and you get nightmares). And, it is not diet food, so eat it sparingly and enjoy it, it's good for you in all its creamy sugary egginess.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, thebluebaron said:

Pleased for them, now wait for some LGBT activist to rain on their parade and take them to court: Click Here

I doubt it will apply to them as they are not personalising the cakes. Plus, the couple you mentioned in Norn Iron could have protected themselves if they had stated in the company policy that they only provide certain types of cakes. Here's a quote from that same Telegraph article you quoted and might come in useful for other Witnesses with similar businesses:

Crucially, the courts found that Ashers could potentially have refused the order had it limited its offer, only selling cakes for birthdays or other specific events for example.

It's bigger on the inside!

I recall eating ice cream sandwiches as a little girl and

today there are many "so-called" healthy ice cream sandwiches from

fancy shops, whole foods and the like! 

But this sounds really healthy!  Yum - I have to share this article.

14 hours ago, Stoffer said:

I doubt it will apply to them as they are not personalising the cakes. Plus, the couple you mentioned in Norn Iron could have protected themselves if they had stated in the company policy that they only provide certain types of cakes. Here's a quote from that same Telegraph article you quoted and might come in useful for other Witnesses with similar businesses:

Stoffer,

Thanks is for the response, but you know these activists!

Cannot what for the Paradise.

p.s. Big fan of Peter Davison in All Creatures...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)