JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Encouraging documentaries

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Right at this moment I'm watching a documentary 'Is Genesis History'.

This documentary talks about the creation of the world, mountains and the truth about genesis. And that it can only be created and not evolved.

When you see this documentary, it will help your strenghten your faith.

I think this documentary is as good as the following documentaries that will prove Gods name, and that the Exodus really happend.

If anyone got more kind of documentaries as above, can you please add them in your comments?

(real documentaries, or good books).

His mother is our sister.  If I recall correctly it was a PBS show.  I believe he was also homosexual. 

Knocking is a 2006 documentary film directed by Joel Engardio and Tom Shepard that focuses on the civil liberties fought for by Jehovah's Witnesses. Wikipedia

Edited by LeslieDean

Add to

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

A year or two ago I watched a documentary that I never forgot, so  recently looked for again called, 'The Search for the Real Mount Sinai'. I found it on Amazon Prime, but it is also on YouTube. Made in 1999.

The real Mount Sinai is not where everyone always believed it was...

"It's the story of 2 explorers that take an incredible expedition into the blistering Arabian Desert and turn up what many scholars believe to be one of the greatest discoveries in history-the real Mount Sinai, the holy mountain on which Moses received the Ten Commandments. This is their story as they discover over a dozen significant remnants still remaining at the site".

See charred rocks on the top of the mountain, the stone where millions of gallons of water came out in a desert that gets 5 inches of rain in a year, the alter where the golden calf was placed, pillars placed in the alter to God, markers placed around the mountain by Moses to warn people, the Bitter Springs, the 70 palms,  et.

Saudi Arabia has armed guards and barbed wire fences around the real site of Mount Sinai; they really took their life in their hands being there.

They stood at the top of the mount and held the Bible in their hand in the same place God first gave Moses the written word in stone.....

I found it very interesting..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Bjern said:

I remember seeing a documentary about Jehovah's Witnesses called "Knocking" ~ anyone else seen this one? It's been years since i saw it, and i don't remember it very well. It was made by a non-witness, but from memory it was quite good (altho they call us "Fundamentalists").

I forgot that one. That documentary was made by an ex Witness. But was a good documentary about us. Made around 2006.

Edited by skipdaflip

31 minutes ago, Dove said:

A year or two ago I watched a documentary that I never forgot, so  recently looked for again called, 'The Search for the Real Mount Sinai'. I found it on Amazon Prime, but it is also on YouTube. Made in 1999.

The real Mount Sinai is not where everyone always believed it was...

"It's the story of 2 explorers that take an incredible expedition into the blistering Arabian Desert and turn up what many scholars believe to be one of the greatest discoveries in history-the real Mount Sinai, the holy mountain on which Moses received the Ten Commandments. This is their story as they discover over a dozen significant remnants still remaining at the site".

See charred rocks on the top of the mountain, the stone where millions of gallons of water came out in a desert that gets 5 inches of rain in a year, the alter where the golden calf was placed, pillars placed in the alter to God, markers placed around the mountain by Moses to warn people, the Bitter Springs, the 70 palms,  et.

Saudi Arabia has armed guards and barbed wire fences around the real site of Mount Sinai; they really took their life in their hands being there.

They stood at the top of the mount and held the Bible in their hand in the same place God first gave Moses the written word in stone.....

I found it very interesting..

I watched this same program. It is very interesting but gets little credence among archaeogists. I found it almost believable. The film makes some good points. The one I appreciated was the fact that rock we think might have been MT. Sinai does not have an area to camp three million people. The film detailes some evidence that his choice of the mountain is much more reasonable than the traditional Mount Sinai. Much of the mumbo jumbo of secrecy of the adventure feels a lot like Indiana Jones. For it's entertainment value I would give 3 stars. After doing a little research on the producer I would award it 1 star for credibility. 

It is well worth viewing.

I wouldn't take it too the bank. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

I forgot that one. That documentary was made by an ex Witness. But was a good documentary about us. Made around 2006.

I didn't know it was an ex-witness. Were they ever baptised?

11 hours ago, Bjern said:

I remember seeing a documentary about Jehovah's Witnesses called "Knocking" ~ anyone else seen this one? It's been years since i saw it, and i don't remember it very well. It was made by a non-witness, but from memory it was quite good (altho they call us "Fundamentalists").

Yes, I remember watching that.

11 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

His mother is our sister.  If I recall correctly it was a PBS show.  I believe he was also homosexual. 

Knocking is a 2006 documentary film directed by Joel Engardio and Tom Shepard that focuses on the civil liberties fought for by Jehovah's Witnesses. Wikipedia

The guy in the video was possibly homosexual or the producer?

6 hours ago, Bjern said:

I didn't know it was an ex-witness. Were they ever baptised?

I'm not complete sure anymore. I thought he mentioned it in the movie or it was written on the back-side. Or I read it online when I was searching for background information.

I lent the DVD to a Brother and never got it back... so I can't verify it. But I just read that LeslieDean knows them.

Besides of that, the DVD was very good and certainly not against us. 

19 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

6 hours ago, Bjern said:

Who?

That's what I was asking LeslieDean. Who?

4 hours ago, M&M said:

That's what I was asking LeslieDean. Who?

Who?  

Do you mean his mothers name?  All I recall is his mother was a witness.  I do not remember him ever being baptized.  I do not recall enough about the documentary to remember if it was addressed. I am not able to watch it again due to my lousy internet.  But I think he was raised as a witness by a single sister.  He was homosexual and tried to help civil liberties and further the LGBT movement. 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

6 hours ago, PioZak said:

"The Schoolgirl, The Nazis, and The Purple Triangles" is a really good documentary about Simone Arnold Liebster and he experience as a young witness under Nazi rule. 

Do you've got an URL of the schoolgirl? I can 't remember I have seen that one. And I can 't find any info about it.

1 hour ago, LeslieDean said:

Who?  

Do you mean his mothers name?  All I recall is his mother was a witness.  I do not remember him ever being baptized.  I do not recall enough about the documentary to remember if it was addressed. I am not able to watch it again due to my lousy internet.  But I think he was raised as a witness by a single sister.  He was homosexual and tried to help civil liberties and further the LGBT movement. 

Hi LeslieDean. Who was likely a home, the guy in the video or the producer? :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Old said:

Reading his Wikipedia page...I found this statement...."documentary film Knocking explored how the (unpopular)...religion of Jehovah's Witnesses played a major role in First Amendment

history."

It's somewhat weird to see in print us...JW's...called unpopular...I imagine we deduce that...still, it's a bit jarring...well, this too shall pass!

Edited by nanceebgd46

I got the Knocking video out. "Riveting and illuminating. Knocking takes us inside the world of Jehovahs Witnesses in a way that is utterly surprising and moving" Anderson Cooper, CNN.

The video has a study guide. I've never opened it before. It has LOTS of information. One of the most surprising is the Declaration of Renunciation. A copy of it from 1934-1945. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Without watching it again, I think it featured Terrance Wood. He said if he could make the changes, he'd be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Boy, that lifestyle just grabs them. And, won't turn loose. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Reading his Wikipedia page...I found this statement...."documentary film Knocking explored how the (unpopular)...religion of Jehovah's Witnesses played a major role in First Amendment

history."

It's somewhat weird to see in print us...JW's...called unpopular...I imagine we deduce that...still, it's a bit jarring...well, this too shall pass!

Why is it shockiing?

(John 15: 18 If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.