JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witness Delegation Visits Uzbekistan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2480 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah’s Witness Delegation Visits Uzbekistan (Eurasianet.org is a website providing news, information and analysis focused on countries in Central Asia, the Caucasus region, Russia and Southwest Asia, and is hosted by Columbia University's Harriman Institute.)

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Thank you Johan, for this info. Sometimes we have no idea what our brothers and sisters are undergoing in former Soviet lands. Though it is sad to hear they are being persecuted, it's hearting to know Muslims do listen to the truth and can change, prepared to suffer terribly for their faith. May Jehovah continue to encourage them and keep on sustaining them. I'm adding those faithful ones to my prayers.

The event is, not to put too fine a point on it, stunning. Jehovah’s Witness has historically been one of the most intensely repressed religious groups in Uzbekistan.

It should be noted that the provisions of the legislation of Uzbekistan in compliance with all the provisions of international covenants and agreements on human rights relating to freedom of conscience. In particular, Art. 3 of the Law "On Freedom of Conscience and Religious Organizations" guarantees the constitutional right of citizens to profess any religion or no religion., Which corresponds to Article 29 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the UN in 1948

K.Flodin thanked for the reception and delivery of information and told about the purpose of his visit, which is to discuss issues of "Jehovah's Witnesses" religious organizations in the country. They also expressed satisfaction on the Committee held discussions with the leadership.

At the end of the meeting the sides agreed to continue consultations on the relevant issues discussed.

The meeting took place in a constructive and friendly atmosphere.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.