JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houses in Paradise

Dages

Hi friends, 

As we are often encouraged to think about life in Paradise, I started a few days ago to look at beautiful houses in our old world to get some ideas.

In Paradise, no money/time limit so we will be able to create all kind of things, and houses.

So if you know some pretty houses, or have done a similar research in the past, feel free to share them here.

Look at this one, wow :

XWB5tW6.jpg

mNDNTuI.jpg

GpB81c1.jpg

I love these walls

I'll add different design in later post.

I'd like something very natural, old feel. A house built from the very natural materials and roots themselves. A stream or waterfall. Mechanics that are ran by cogs, clockwork, linked to the stream... 

polish-hobbit-house1.jpg

stone-house-tumblr.jpg

hobbit-house-by-simon-dale-small-natural 

5f79dba1ba08dc6640f9c1d0f6f4f7ab.png

Something like these, but perhaps taller... more levels. I'm unsure. Perhaps more than one building. The living and sleeping area being the small cosy building, and then a tower or taller complex for all other types of things. 

The watermill will either be simply for show... or will be connected to a series of other cogs and mechanics which run other various machines in the house/building. Wooden cogs because metal ones will be noisy. I want to hear a nice gentle wooden click-clacking and gyrating. 

bd5083a088c553e263c9fd32d38d1047--wind-m

old-stone-water-mill-with-wooden-waterwh

The stairs would be of a windy nature... preferably creaky. 

63c4185e4fa0d51d05d53789a03c57f0--wooden

Oh, and breakfast will always be done this way...  :D

Pretty neat houses of all size. Yet, what type of house will be is interesting. The problem is with the publications is that I think not all houses will European like stile. Can you imagine of Native Americans and people in Africa will be resurrected and tell them here is your (European made house)  when they live in tepees and huts all their lives. And may still do. Have to wait and see how that will be handled,

Pretty neat houses of all size. Yet, what type of house will be is interesting. The problem is with the publications is that I think not all houses will European like stile. Can you imagine of Native Americans and people in Africa will be resurrected and tell them here is your (European made house)  when they live in tepees and huts all their lives. And may still do. Have to wait and see how that will be handled,

House styles changes with time and place, and will keep changing, I'm sure. Who knows what the living conditions will be five million years into the future?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So beautiful - I love architecture and have certain ideas about my favorite style of house.  But looking at them/for them makes my heart ache since I'm on my own... having a dream house feels depressing to me.  I see myself travelling non-stop pretty much... I'm hoping there will be lodgings like bed & breakfasts so I can just stay in a nice room and move on.

I do love those homes shared by David, Greg, Ben and Matthew that incorporate the natural environment as part of their design.  The homes with the grass (or earthen) roofs will have lower heating/cooling requirements.  Using local materials and designing to blend with the local environment is really appealing to me.

A long time ago I had a bit of a manual job and my back would be sore as I was waiting for the bus to go home, but the bus stop was next to a big hedge.  At first I assumed my weight would be damaging to the hedge, but one day I was so tired I overbalanced and fell against it while waiting, and I found it took my full weight easily.  From then on I tended to lean gently against it, and found that it was the most comfortable thing to lean back against that I've ever found - far more comfortable than leaning back on a chair or a bed, it always seemed to instantly make my back feel much better.

Since then I've often thought about the possibility of applying the methods of topiary to make a chair out of a bush, since it would apparently be the most comfortable chair ever.  But when thinking about the new system, I've thought further and wondered about the possibility of growing a house rather than building one.  I'm no gardener, so I don't really know what are the constraints as regards growing trees or bushes into different shapes.  Naturally I'd intend for it only to be a single floor, and not be surprised if it let in some rain during a downpour, so I'm thinking on the basis that the climate wouldn't be too severe as for that to happen too often, and that there wouldn't be any electrical appliances then.  But on the plus-side, any cracks that appeared in the wall etc. could be expected to just heal.  Of course, you'd have a whole new sort of maintenance trouble to deal with, having to trim it all the time, but at that wouldn't use any hard-to-come-by materials.  And the other question I've often wondered about the houses in the new system - will they have toilets, and if so who will have the 'privilege' of maintaining the sewer system - is in this case easily solved: just find some roots and fertilize your house. :D

We could have all sorts of conversations regarding the doing of the "dirty jobs" that make civilized life possible in the New World... none of them really sound like anyone's "dream jobs" but they're necessary to health and safety.

Interesting concept - "growing a house".  Where would you live in the years it will take for a tree-based home to grow to a size required for human living?