JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houses in Paradise

Dages

On July 7, 2017 at 9:38 AM, EccentricM said:

strength for what though?

You know, like for building and taking care of the community (including the animals and plants).

Humans were designed to be social, no?  and travel on feet.  (and before anyone says 'well we don't know whether we'll all maybe have one solar/electric/hydrogen car each' just remember that such an endeavour would require ppl working together to make all those!)

idk I should feel like we'll mostly live within walking distance (or at least, those who choose to could) so as to accomplish the millennial tasks at a good pace while still having time to enjoy life.  Lots of hands makes the work light, and efficiency in working allows a better balance between recreation and work, no? 

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

You know, like for building and taking care of the community (including the animals and plants).

Humans were designed to be social, no?  and travel on feet.  (and before anyone says 'well we don't know whether we'll all maybe have one solar/electric/hydrogen car each' just remember that such an endeavour would require ppl working together to make all those!)

idk I should feel like we'll mostly live within walking distance (or at least, those who choose to could) so as to accomplish the millennial tasks at a good pace while still having time to enjoy life.  Lots of hands makes the work light, and efficiency in working allows a better balance between recreation and work, no? 

Oh yeah, still stick together sure. 

When we were at our convention 2 weeks ago,  we noticed on campus a huge amount of yellow bicycles parked in front of all the living centers and dorms.  There were other colors too but mostly yellow.  We found out the yellow ones were provided by the campus and they were available for all students.  They had keys to unlock the bikes and they were all interchangeable.  So you could leave your dorm, go grab any yellow bike and ride it anywhere on campus.  If you went to class, library etc. you locked it up and went on about your business.  Someone else may leave that class and go unlock a yellow bike (could have been the one you rode up on) and they would go about their business. No one owned the yellow bikes except for the university.  All students with a key could access the bikes.  Some students had their own which were readily identified by different colors and styles, and of course their own lock and key.  

Maybe if  we lived in a comune  setting  that had subterranean parking we could drive a different car every day!  Or even a couple times a day.  You would just have to be careful of taking a like car as the one you dropped off.  Would not want to take a vehicle to seat 6 and go someplace and come out to find the only one available now seats two.  Lol.

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I love the idea of a commune.  Each person could still have their own house and there could be a living center if you chose to be around people for socialization. 

When we had our boat slipped in Marina Del Rey, it was an ideal situation.  We had dock parties, everyone on your dock could choose to attend or not.  No pressure.  They would have BBQ, chili cookoffs,  cocktails at sunset, 'garage sales' , and then there was the yacht club.  We belonged to a 'do it yourself' yacht club.  You could sign up for Friday night dinners and post what you wanted to make.  Members would sign a sheet if they wanted to attend and how many guests they would bring.  You would look at that signup sheet and know how many to prepare for ( usually 50-80 but occasionally 150!  ).  After dinner on Friday night volunteers would help clean up.  It was low key and wonderful socialization.  Members would share their knowledge and love of boating.  There would be groups playing cards, board games, watching tv, playing video games, just talking, some on the terrace enjoying the sunset. People would say goodnight and return to their boats/yachts at their own pace.  The whole weekend would be spent like that.  You could enjoy your privacy, or meet at the club house.  No pressure.  The good thing was company was enjoyable and not unexpected.  Now, you plan for quiet and intimate nights with your spouse and have company drop by.  You don't want to hurt their feelings so your plans are interrupted.  This way everyone was happy.  To me it is like coming to this site.  No matter what time you come by, people are coming and going but they are here because they want to be.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 1 month later...

True... What about setting up some website in Paradise to propose to exchange our house with brothers and sisters from the other end of the world?

Like you plan to serve in central Africa to help with agriculture over there, but you have a nice cottage in North America, you may want to let other brothers and sisters live there and take care of it while you are travelling. :)

Edited by Dages

2 hours ago, Dages said:

That's comfy !

Tree-House-Tower10-1.jpg

I love it..the openness, color of wood, spareness and minimalism...in fact it looks a little like what I have in furniture and wood..just not the bones..

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Something like this for me, with a slow moving river in the front. Not too many trees and no ocean.

59a5b7386be75_Sore.jpg.676b56b80aa1ff9bb33c60fb019354af.jpg

Yep, I'm an earth, trees and grass person..not water or ocean or sea. Love the Earth..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

As a child I lived 30 miles from the nearest town, I loved the smell after a rain, the smell of wet moss, the sound of the creek at flood stage in winter and the bubbling of the creek during summer. Our outhouse sat up on the bank above the creek, fond memories of sitting there looking at the leaves floating by. And the song of a particular bird, wish I knew which one. Even today I love to hear that bird, a contented sound.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I loved the smell after a rain, the smell of wet moss, the sound of the creek at flood stage

Wonder how many in Houston used to like these things too .....

Just goes to show, we need Jehovah to have a balance of ALL things.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~