JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!

3 hours ago, humblebumblebee said:

264986312_WOL_nooflanguages_02.JPG.125d0e0239eded8a378278c9c1cf806c.JPG WOL, click on languages at the bottom of the page

2008190543_WOL_nooflanguages.JPG.49f7da4bcf2ff26e74590406325f6089.JPG

Shows the number of languages, Bushi is no 568

Only found this out for myself today.

I thought the announcements on WOL were about the languages on jw.org. There’s only 957 on jw.org. Are there different languages on WOL?

04BE6515-9F0C-478D-81A0-B3136AEC0896.png

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Those languages are now available on the WOL.
The 957th language on the main jw.org site is: Arabic (Iraq)emoji6.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Ok, thanks.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

10 minutes ago, humblebumblebee said:

No, all the languages on WOL (568) are on JW.Org (957)

Oh I read it wrong I thought you typed 968 instead on 568.

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2017 at 8:20 AM, Chris7 said:

That's an average of 5 more each month. This will need to increase to 6 per month in 2018 to reach 1000 next year.

We know that Jehovah "will speed it up in its own time...Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek."  Isaiah 60:22 , 23  :D

The new service year starts tomorrow. I think its safe to say we will reach 1000 languages during the next Service Year. Woohoo 🙏

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The rate is slowing to about 3 languages added each month. However, from January 2019 there are no more Simplified Watchtower editions, so this may make translation more efficient, especially as the regular 2019 study editions will use simpler language and design. This may improve speed of translation, so 1000 languages by the end of 2019 is most likely.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

1 hour ago, Chris7 said:

The rate is slowing to about 3 languages added each month. However, from January 2019 there are no more Simplified Watchtower editions, so this may make translation more efficient, especially as the regular 2019 study editions will use simpler language and design. This may improve speed of translation, so 1000 languages by the end of 2019 is most likely.

Good point.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:06 AM, Bjern said:

Just 40 more to go and we reach 1,000!

To add to that: Watchtower Online Library is now in 571 languages, and JW Broadcasting is in 254 languages.

Indeed,  not to mention that all these are also written in the "Pure Language" of Truth, so that adds one more to each.   😂

A year or so ago, the Wikipedia article List of literary works by number of translations had numerous Watchtower Bible and Tract Society publications on it's list such as "Listen to God" and others, numbered at around 500-700 languages. (I don't remember specific numbers). However, now that list does not contain them. Is there any way to see on our website how many languages a specific publication is currently in?

Has anyone heard of a devotional called "Rhapsody of Realities"? In doing some research to my last question I came upon it here:

List of literary works by number of translations - September 25th 2017 Revision.

It says that their website has been translated into 837 languages. However, when you actually go to the website and click the "Translate" button, it says there are "101 languages". 

Then, on their "Other 900 Languages" page there are listed 651 languages for their devotional. 

According to it's publisher's Wikipedia page it says:

A Christian Devotional; Rhapsody of Realities is the best-selling daily devotional and Bible-study guide have been distributed in over 242 countries and over 905 languages of the world

However, the page reads as an advertisement for their church:

"over 905 languages of the world including Afrikaans, Arabic . . . Spanish, Swahili...and still counting! New languages are added regularly, making the devotional accessible to many more in different parts of the globe, thus bringing the richness of God's Word into their lives. Little wonder the devotional, oftentimes, is referred to as the, "Messenger Angel".

So I am doubtful as to it's authenticity. That in addition to the fact that I cannot find a single external source referring to the translation work of this group. 

Anyone heard of this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, Chris7 said:

I think earlier or mid part of 2019, when it reach 1,000 languages. Have anyone seen the New WT. Now is 83,000,000 per issue. It jumped 13,000,000 more copies for 2019. The way it is going it will reach 100,000,000 by 2021. That is amazing!.

• Dages changed the title to JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!