JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This Rare Medical Condition Makes You Love Everyone

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2467 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Williams syndrome, which affects 30,000 people in the U.S., is often called the opposite of autism.

This Rare Medical Condition Makes You Love Everyone (National Geographic is the official magazine of the National Geographic Society. Controlling interest is held by 21st Century Fox.)

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Very interesting, William's syndrome.

What is it called when someone loves all the sisters? We had a case of that in our forum a couple of years ago. Let me think....something is coming to mind.... H-m-m, something about chocolate...what was the name....?  :( Anybody?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:37 PM, Thesauron said:

Williams syndrome, which affects 30,000 people in the U.S., is often called the opposite of autism.

This Rare Medical Condition Makes You Love Everyone (National Geographic is the official magazine of the National Geographic Society. Controlling interest is held by 21st Century Fox.)

Johan

Thank you for sharing this article. I interact with special need children. Very informative!

I have also worked in a residential facility where some of the children were  'huggers" though not necessarily William's syndrome. We had to train staff to accept side hugs  only and deflect /redirect when possible.  One thought was, "How would parents of any child feel about  hugging  20  or so persons per day?"  

Slightly off topic, when I was  nursing my children and sending mother's milk out to sick babies, I experienced first hand the effects of prolactin and oxytocin.  In my small experience, the bonding with ones newborn and the warm fuzzy feeling when nursing same, may be a  way to lessen post partem syndrome.   I don't know of any studies done on this.  Lactation cookies are said to help nursing moms relax and produce oxytocin. 

Maybe there is a way to reduce oxytocin production in  children  who have Williams Syndrome. WE certainly need the new System, but it would help to  have  some relief in the mean time.