JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

International Delegation Supports Russian Brotherhood

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2442 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Indeed, it is a powerful video...and a MAJOR encouragement, not just for our friends in Russia, but for ALL of Jehovah's people around the globe. :bible2:  Brother Sanderson's scriptural reference was certainly appropriate when he read 2 Corinthians 4:8, 9

We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;  we are persecuted, but not abandoned, we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

And to see the international delegation there to give additional support was fantastic!  Surely, our God Jehovah is with them and he will never abandon His servants.  What was Brother Lett's comment: "We're knocked down...but NOT knocked out!"  Bro. Sanderson's reading of Psalms 124: 2-8 was read with fervor and confidence--something we need in these last days.

Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.--Habakkuk 3:18.

Are not these scriptures wonderful to remember when we are faced with this persecution in the near future?

This video is a keeper for me. :bible2:

Edited by Omo_Yeme

One of the things I really liked was when Br. Sanderson picked up his Bible and read a scripture and the picture returned to the split-screen, Br. Lett had his Bible open and was following along :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Even I loved how Br. Steven was following Bible along with, when Br. Mark was reading scriptures. I feel Br. Steven Lett has been let down more compared to Br. Mark  because of unfair trail. You can make out how he was drawing encouragement and strength from Br. Mark. Such an example to follow. 

Edited by yettosee

Personally, the love the Governing Body has for the rest of us is just amazing. They may not know all of us by name, but I can tell from their expressions (and now videos) that they do spend a lot of time thinking about us, how to encourage us, how to help us endure. This is such a loving arrangement from Jehovah.

Our dear brothers and sisters in Russia have set a sterling example of endurance!! I pray that I may be as determined and trusting in Jehovah as they are. This scripture comes to mind when I think of them.....and then I smile and thank Jehovah for them.

2 Cor 6:4 but in every way we recommend ourselves as God’s ministers,+ by the endurance of much, by tribulations, by times of need, by difficulties,+ 5 by beatings, by imprisonments,+ by riots, by hard work, by sleepless nights, by times without food;+ 6 by purity, by knowledge, by patience,+ by kindness,+ by holy spirit, by love free from hypocrisy,+ 7 by truthful speech, by God’s power;+ through the weapons of righteousness+ in the right hand* and in the left,* 8 through glory and dishonor, through bad report and good report. We are regarded as deceivers and yet we are truthful, 9 as unknown and yet we are recognized, as dying* and yet look! we live,+ as punished* and yet not handed over to death,+ 10 as sorrowing but ever rejoicing, as poor but making many rich, as having nothing and yet possessing all things.+

I really keyed in on the point that Sanderson made when he mentioned that inactive ones began attending meetings after the April decision. That means there are still a lot of people on t he fence, that may yet return, and that they are WATCHING.

The truth never leaves you, even if you leave it. That leaves the door open for your love to be rekindled. It could be a world event, an article you read about us, or even a conversation with an active member that could spark it.