JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Could You Use Some Comfort or Encouragement Now?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2425 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thank you brother Neil.....Just concluded reading the watchtower article that will be discussed this week;

Indeed, what a God of true comfort we have: After such an extensive and rich discussion on how we can face up to challenges that may rob us of joy, the closing paragraph sums it up quite nicely; " Knowing that Jehovah is the source of lasting comfort will help us to endure courageously whatever tribulations we face- now and in the future.....

Thanks Bro'.

On the point of "I take pleasure in weakness":  I have often been far more concerned about the friends who seem to 'have it all' .

Good job. Dad is serving in the congregation. Stay-at-home Mom. Charming kids.

My concern is: How will they handle the tests that will come?

Those of us who have been knocked-around already know how we will respond to future tests, having been through some (experience).

Perhaps, to some degree, that's why Paul said "I take pleasure in weakness". Bring it on! The more practice the better.

17 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

So if you are in need of an "Encouraging Visit" now, then here are some of the Special Gems I would share with you!

(Just imagine eating your favorite dessert while reading these comforting GEMS!) 

Your timely post is received with deep appreciation Bro. Neil...and for helping me to remember that "stressed", spelled in reversed, is desserts:)

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Thank you Bro Neil.  May Jehovah give you a "well-done" sticker for always encouraging us! You remind me about Job, who even though he was suffering said this about helping others who were down:

"I would strengthen you with the words of my mouth and the consolation of my lips would bring relief" Job 16:5.  Your posts bring relief.

It is true that there is much to be said in helping others find comfort, for that helps us too.  In our WT this week in par 14, it even describes our ministry as "therapy", because we are reaching out to help others.  It said "when we show loving personal interest in others, we may actually let go of some of our own negative feelings".

Nice one, Neil :thumbsup:

Wonderful brother, Niel.  We all have to really use all our strength to encourage our dear brothers and sisters cross over that finish line. Encouragement and appreciation are most needed in these last days.

Let's all pray for that special peace that only Jehovah can give us. We are almost there!

2 hours ago, Dominic Pereira said:

Wonderful brother, Niel.  We all have to really use all our strength to encourage our dear brothers and sisters cross over that finish line. Encouragement and appreciation are most needed in these last days.

Let's all pray for that special peace that only Jehovah can give us. We are almost there!

Wonderful post, Brother Dominic!^_^

Welcome to the message board!:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif