JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Database shows what contaminants are in tap water

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2447 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Clean, safe drinking water is essential to life. Most in the U.S. take it for granted. But, should they? Now a new database allows everyone to see what exactly is flowing through their faucet. As Chip Reid reports, the results can be unsettling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/database-shows-what-contaminants-are-in-tap-water/

I heard an interesting comment from a popular uk television personality recently. That is - Pure water free from impurities & contaminates is no good for us, in fact it could kill us"
I pondered on this & if it indeed is true, then it makes some sense given how imperfect our bodies are that we can't handle perfect or pure water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Antz12 said:

I pondered on this & if it indeed is true, then it makes some sense given how imperfect our bodies are that we can't handle perfect or pure water.

Well, maybe it's not a question of imperfection but of design. :)

Pure water is never found in nature, only in laboratories. In nature, water always contains salts and minerals. So it seems we were designed to drink water with "impurities". In fact, sometimes when a person is dehydrated drinking water is not enough, they need an Aquarius-like drink that contains salts and minerals.

It's interesting how we were created perfectly adapted to everything around us.

8 hours ago, bobby said:

Now a new database allows everyone to see what exactly is flowing through their faucet

This is not an accurate statement. I went to the database and our water is NOT listed. Seems they only have water "processed" by a utility company. They do not list water that comes from a well.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

10 hours ago, Qapla said:

This is not an accurate statement. I went to the database and our water is NOT listed. Seems they only have water "processed" by a utility company. They do not list water that comes from a well.

:lol2:

On 8/8/2017 at 10:43 AM, Antz12 said:

I heard an interesting comment from a popular uk television personality recently. That is - Pure water free from impurities & contaminates is no good for us, in fact it could kill us"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a detailed explanation

http://isciencemag.co.uk/features/fact-of-the-day-1/