JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2438 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

42 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

'Is' NK going to be the "King of the North?" I wonder?  Maybe along side with Russia and other Soviets? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/07/as-china-north-korea-ties-cool-russia-looks-to-benefit.html

NK already has the "Kim of the North"...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

'Is' NK going to be the "King of the North?" I wonder?  Maybe along side with Russia and other Soviets? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/07/as-china-north-korea-ties-cool-russia-looks-to-benefit.html
I was thinking same thing? Being alive and watching all these prophecies unfold is simply awe inspiring. praise Jehovah

Are these comments public or members only? I'm new at JWTALK and on the home page, I see so many areas that can one can post on that the public can see.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I was thinking same thing? Being alive and watching all these prophecies unfold is simply awe inspiring. praise Jehovah

Are these comments public or members only? I'm new at JWTALK and on the home page, I see so many areas that can one can post on that the public can see.

Boy! that last sentence in my comment was pretty mixed up. My main question is how do I know my comment to a post is for the public or just MEMBERS ONLY ... I don't want to post to the public

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/08/08/god-has-given-trump-authority-to-take-out-kim-jong-un-evangelical-adviser-says/?utm_term=.4fd0245359e0

Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

Jeffress said in a phone interview that he was prompted to make the statement after Trump said that if North Korea’s threats to the United States continue, Pyongyang will be “met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

What's worse than war with North Korea? War with ChinaIsaac Stone Fish

The Trump administration’s narrow minded focus on North Korea means it’s taking its eye off China as a result. That’s a mistake

Isaac Stone Fish is a senior fellow at the Asia Society’s Center on US-China Relations

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/07/whats-worse-than-war-with-north-korea-china

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, JW-Ind said:

"When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,”

Lol where?

Ohhh he means Romans 12:17-18 "Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of*all men. If possible, as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men."

Wait.. that's not right.. ummm

Edited by EccentricM

6 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I thought this point was interesting..possibly a way some North Koreans could hear the truth..in Russia!

"In March, officials also agreed to expand North Korean labor immigration to Russia. Tens of thousands North Koreans are believed to be living in the Eurasian country, many of whom are forced laborers sent to bring in overseas revenue for Kim Jong-un's regime".

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The problem with governments and these "Evangelicals", always cherry picking chapters and verses to suit their needs, not seeing the Bible as a whole. Governments can set laws, punish criminals, imprison them etc, but Jehovah never stated that anyone has the authority to kill or ordain war.  

Christians obey the governments when it's 'in line with the Bible', and the Bible states that really, all of mankind should be Christian worshippers of Jehovah. Else Paul would never have said "we have a struggle against the authorities." 

Edited by EccentricM

I thought this point was interesting..possibly a way some North Koreans could hear the truth..in Russia!
"In March, officials also agreed to expand North Korean labor immigration to Russia. Tens of thousands North Koreans are believed to be living in the Eurasian country, many of whom are forced laborers sent to bring in overseas revenue for Kim Jong-un's regime".

Wonderful comment. Prayers for all those honest hearted ones from North Korea.

So glad when Satan's system is gone.

The problem with governments and these "Evangelicals", always cherry picking chapters and verses to suit their needs, not seeing the Bible as a whole. Governments can set laws, punish criminals, imprison them etc, but Jehovah never stated that anyone has the authority to kill or ordain war.  

Christians obey the governments when it's 'in line with the Bible', and the Bible states that really, all of mankind should be Christian worshippers of Jehovah. Else Paul would never have said "we have a struggle against the authorities." 
Which scripture are u speaking of?

19 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

Which scripture are u speaking of?

"because we have a struggle,* not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." - Ephesians 6:12

Edited by EccentricM

Brother's I am concerned that some of the posts I see are not taking a neutral stand. Has Jehovah given us as his people the right to say disrespectful comments about rulers of any country? Please consider this study article from July 2015

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/loyal-kingdom-stay-neutral-world/

"because we have a struggle,* not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." - Ephesians 6:12
.. Oh! I see you are referring to the invisible authorities
Leader, Noble, Prince (‎1 occurrence)

Invisible demon princes governing the world powers of Persia and Greece are mentioned atDaniel 10:13, 20.—Compare Eph 6:12.

it-2 pp. 228-229 - Insight, Volume 2

8 hours ago, SheyZ said:

Boy! that last sentence in my comment was pretty mixed up. My main question is how do I know my comment to a post is for the public or just MEMBERS ONLY ... I don't want to post to the public emoji848.png

Most forums sections, as this one, are public. The comments posted here can be read by anyone. Every section is clearly marked as "Public" or "Members only".

Members-only forums are:

Our Meetings, Ministry, and Life as a Christian

Deep Bible Research and Personal Study

Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery

Introductions & Warm Welcomes

Alt. News, Op-ed, Blogs, & Speculation

Announcements, Suggestions, & Member Support

3 hours ago, SheyZ said:

Brother's I am concerned that some of the posts I see are not taking a neutral stand. Has Jehovah given us as his people the right to say disrespectful comments about rulers of any country?

For some reason, brothers who have always kept strict neutrality suddenly think it's ok to criticize or insult Trump. I don't understand it either.

On the other hand, I haven't seen any such comments in this particular thread.

Of course, saying a certain ruler is a dictator or a tyrant or doesn't respect human rights is not a lack of respect, it's just a statement of facts.

For some reason, brothers who have always kept strict neutrality suddenly think it's ok to criticize or insult Trump. I don't understand it either.

On the other hand, I haven't seen any such comments in this particular thread.

Of course, saying a certain ruler is a dictator or a tyrant or doesn't respect human rights is not a lack of respect, it's just a statement of facts.
True!

Most forums sections, as this one, are public. The comments posted here can be read by anyone. Every section is clearly marked as "Public" or "Members only".

Members-only forums are:
Our Meetings, Ministry, and Life as a Christian
Deep Bible Research and Personal Study
Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery
Introductions & Warm Welcomes
Alt. News, Op-ed, Blogs, & Speculation
Announcements, Suggestions, & Member Support
Thank u, Carlos