JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2417 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 minutes ago, Old said:

The size of opposing armies is probably not the criteria for global power. The logistics of food supplies, housing, transportation, etc. are a much bigger problem when it comes to fighting a war on foreign soil. I can't see a giant "boots on the ground" war this side of Armageddon.

Things falling from the sky are the things nightmares are made of.

I agree. I was just stating the facts. Although China has a larger military, they are not as strong as the US military force.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

48 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

China has about 1 million more in military personnel that the US. Compared to their population, their military isn't that big.

I meant than the US :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

In the links provided from globalfirepower. I'm unsure on their source, but it all looks detailed enough. Thier statment on relaibility; 

http://www.globalfirepower.com/disclaimer.asp

Very important, stop to think before posting, it only takes a few seconds

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

15 minutes ago, Old said:

Very important, stop to think before posting, it only takes a few seconds

Yeah, I need to double check sources far more often. I'm better than I used to be, but I still get carried away at times with my fast paced mind. 

Edited by EccentricM

N Korea leader 'briefed' on Guam plan but opts to wait

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40931775

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un reviewed plans to fire missiles towards the US Pacific territory of Guam but will hold off, state media said.

Although prepared for "the enveloping fire at Guam", the North said it would watch what "the foolish Yankees" do before taking a decision.

The report on state news agency KCNA said Kim Jong-un "examined the plan for a long time" and discussed it with senior military officials.

The commander of North Korea's strategic force was now merely waiting for orders "after rounding off the preparations for the enveloping fire at Guam".

But, crucially, the report also said that Mr Kim would watch the US before making any decision, signalling an apparent deceleration in the provocative rhetoric.

I preface this with the statement that we're sitting on the other side of the world, so our prospective of the leader of the USA, is only what can be found in the media.
Whilst there are threats of WW3, iron like qualities of the Anglo-American power, in general when we hear the media speak of him, (in comparison to the previous presidents) we hear a lot more less than favourable comments of this mans leadership. Each morning a new piece of media which is presented in a way that sees him to appear humorous or foolish. This all leads to thoughts, not of iron when compared to previous leaders, but of clay like qualities.
Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk