JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Barcelona Van Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/aug/17/barcelona-attack-van-driven-into-crowd-in-las-ramblas-district

Barcelona attack: 13 confirmed dead after van hits Las Ramblas crowds – latest updates

Police confirm fatalities and say suspect has been identified, after incident in Spanish city that is being treated as terror attack

• Full report: van hits crowd in city centre

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/aug/17/barcelona-attack-van-driven-into-crowd-in-las-ramblas-district

Barcelona attack: 13 confirmed dead after van hits Las Ramblas crowds – latest updates

Police confirm fatalities and say suspect has been identified, after incident in Spanish city that is being treated as terror attack

• Full report: van hits crowd in city centre

Pray for their families to search for comfort from Jehovah. Dear friends pray that we all will keep on putting forth every effort to work shoulder to shoulder with Jehovah to share the good news with everyone.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

In watching the news footage, the first thing that came to my mind is that Jehovah's Witnesses go with their carts where ever there are crowds of people - There are cuts of footage that show colorful literature everywhere and a shot that may or may not be one of our carts knocked over.  I hope none of our brothers there were killed or injured - if they were indeed there with a Cart.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:
Islamic State group claims responsibility for deadly Barcelona van attack in statement carried on its Aamaq news agency: https://apnews.com/7e8e08762fd643c199069d94f76919ae

What would we do without Jehovah... There is no way I can handle any of this news these horrible things that go on all over the world if it wasn't for the hope of a wonderful future and for the resurrection of those in his memory..

Luke 21:26 .. People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, ......

Luke 21:28 ... But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”

Only with Jehovah's help and holy spirit we will get through this.

I've been baptized for over 43 years and never dreamt in my wildest dreams the Earth and the inhabitants on it could get this bad couldn't imagine 2Timothy 3 5-6 would be fulfilled in such a dramatic, dramatic way.

praise Jehovah for all the Bible truths he has allowed us to understand in order to give us peace in Satan's wicked system of things as it near it's end

Edited by carlos

Fixed the mistakes

23 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

What would we do without Jehovah... There is no way I can handle any of this news these horrible things that go on all over the world if it wasn't for the hope of a wonderful future and for the resurrection of those in his memory..

Luke 21:26 .. People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, ......

Luke 21:28 ... But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”

Only with Jehovah's help and holy spirit we will get through this.

I've been baptized for over 43 years and never dreamt in my wildest dreams the Earth and the inhabitants on it could get this bad couldn't imagine 2Timothy 3 5-6 would be fulfilled in such a dramatic, dramatic way.

praise Jehovah for all the Bible truths he has allowed us to understand in order to give us peace in Satan's wicked system of things as it near it's end

Ummmm....will one of the moderators please fix this post?  Spell check has obviously gone berzerk.

59960a7d5ba9c_Embarassedcoverface.gif.102b1b2c4d5bfac8680d932b749ae9e4.gif

Edited by carlos

Fixed

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I've been thinking a lot lately about what John wrote in Rev. 11:18 - that god would "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".  I would think John had to be puzzled by these words - how could man possibly "ruin" the entire earth??  It wasn't even remotely possible for man to do that in his day - in fact, it wasn't remotely possible until the last hundred or so years!  And now man has done it - in a little over 100 years, he has truly ruined the earth - every part of it - sky, land and sea/ocean!  Species are disappearing everyday, some we know about and others we destroy before they are even discovered!  This kind of thing would render me hopeless and wanting to no longer be a part of the human race - so I thank Jehovah he let me find him!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Ummmm....will one of the moderators please fix this post?  Spell check has obviously gone berzerk.

59960a7d5ba9c_Embarassedcoverface.gif.102b1b2c4d5bfac8680d932b749ae9e4.gif

:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've been thinking a lot lately about what John wrote in Rev. 11:18 - that god would "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".  I would think John had to be puzzled by these words - how could man possibly "ruin" the entire earth??  It wasn't even remotely possible for man to do that in his day - in fact, it wasn't remotely possible until the last hundred or so years!  And now man has done it - in a little over 100 years, he has truly ruined the earth - every part of it - sky, land and sea/ocean!  Species are disappearing everyday, some we know about and others we destroy before they are even discovered!  This kind of thing would render me hopeless and wanting to no longer be a part of the human race - so I thank Jehovah he let me find him!!!
John saw this... And much more with all the visions he recorded! but did John see us! Stay strong!

Why is it always more important when this kind of thing happens that no brothers were hurt? This is something that really bothers me every time this kind of thing happens. There are more than a dozen people murdered. As far as I could see a little girl was among the broken bodies on Ramblas. Is her family not worth feeling pity for? Seriously, this is the patriotic garbage in the media that gets me nauseated, every time they stress how many Germans were victim of some terror attack on foreign soil. What gives??

Gesendet von meinem S60 mit Tapatalk

Why is it always more important when this kind of thing happens that no brothers were hurt? This is something that really bothers me every time this kind of thing happens. There are more than a dozen people murdered. As far as I could see a little girl was among the broken bodies on Ramblas. Is her family not worth feeling pity for? Seriously, this is the patriotic garbage in the media that gets me nauseated, every time they stress how many Germans were victim of some terror attack on foreign soil. What gives??

It's always sad when something like this happens, but we're a family, and we'd like yo make sure that our brothers and sisters are safe first. Other than that, we are painfully aware that these things do happen, and must happen, before Armageddon comes.

Johan

It's always sad when something like this happens, but we're a family, and we'd like yo make sure that our brothers and sisters are safe first. Other than that, we are painfully aware that these things do happen, and must happen, before Armageddon comes.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I guess it's because they're our family. It's not that no one cares about the others but the brothers are related to us in the faith. Losing family is always more painful.

Just now, ChocoBro said:

If my brother gets killed it is a very personal matter. That is what gives.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

29 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

BBC corrected the typo Spainish to Spanish...

Proof... emoji6.png... 6c5b1f3c7556ad48358c5244a033f8ac.jpg

Bro Tracey, your pictures don't show up on my tablet. Ever since you started using Tapatalk none of yours,  or any others that use Tapatalk,  shows up for me..I don't know if it's my tablet or what? 

Hi Brother Ruben,

You asked, "Why is it always more important when this kind of thing happens that no brothers were hurt?

Maybe initially it may seem that all we care about is our brothers and sisters, but if you wouldn't mind closely looking again at some of the posts, you may see something different than what you initially thought. Here are a few quotes from some of the posts above:

Sister Natasha - " It's sad anyone had to die or get hurt"

Sister Shey - " Pray for their families to search for comfort from Jehovah "

Brother Tracy - He started this topic because of the concern for what happened to the people in Barcelona.

Ruben, if you went on vacation and found out that several bombs exploded back in your hometown of Munich, while you would be sad about what happened to those who were injured or died, wouldn't you have a special concern for your friends and family? Wouldn't you desperately be calling to find out if any of your friends or family were hurt?  Yes, because those people are special to you. It is not that some people 's life is worth more than others, but each of us, including you and me, have an emotional attachment to those who belong to us, our family and our spiritual family and friends.

So please be assured that we care about all human life and that we feel very bad about what happened to these people in Barcelona. But we are glad that no more people were hurt or killed, including those that "belong to us". :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Bro Tracey, your pictures don't show up on my tablet. Ever since you started using Tapatalk none of yours,  or any others that use Tapatalk,  shows up for me..I don't know if it's my tablet or what? 
Uploaded two different ways... 7a6280fa8e72bb68785a52d87d8c8584.jpg19482c6a4590b521b1cf9391cf978a7d.jpg

8 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I'm on my phone and I can't see em either.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

This just in another attack in Spain:

This was the first story on Daily Mail.   So sadden by all this shedding of human blood for the sake of their own evil intends.  Satan is extremely busy, knowing he has an extreme short period of time left ruling over this planet.    This carnage has been waiting for their moment to attack during the summer season with many tourists in Europe.  

BREAKING NEWS: 'Four jihadis killed and several people injured' as gunfire erupts in beach resort south of Barcelona in new terror attack hours after 13 died in van massacre

1 minute ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This just in another attack in Spain:

This was the first story on Daily Mail.   So sadden by all this shedding of human blood for the sake of their own evil intends.  Satan is extremely busy, knowing he has an extreme short period of time left ruling over this planet.    This carnage has been waiting for their moment to attack during the summer season with many tourists in Europe.  

BREAKING NEWS: 'Four jihadis killed and several people injured' as gunfire erupts in beach resort south of Barcelona in new terror attack hours after 13 died in van massacre

PLEASE, give us the URL :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.