JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Barcelona Van Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Another method... 482b01de6dabb6808472d20fe010910e.jpgc7590fb992943256dc8401f27dbca385.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Still can't see anything.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Gal. 6:10 = So, then, as long as we have the opportunity,* let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith.

I hate seeing anyone get hurt or have to die. <3

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I don't know if the guy who mowed those people down was an Islamic extremist but if he is, I really don't get how these Islamic extremist terrorists actually think they are going to be "blessed" by God for killings innocent people. They are thoroughly deluded.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

August 17, 2017/Daily Mail 

Four terror suspects have been killed in a shootout 70 miles from Barcelona as police responded to an attack

Video footage shows the terrorists strewn across the ground in the coastal town of Cambrils this morning 

The terrorists were reported to have explosives strapped around their waists when they were gunned down

Just hours earlier at least 13 people were killed and more than 100 injured after a terror attack in Barcelona

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4800282/PICTURED-Moroccan-man-rented-Barcelona-van.html#ixzz4q4DsDmYT 

It's sad anyone had to die or get hurt, but I pray that if any JWs were nearby with a cart or anything that they're safe.

That was my first thought also. Hoping all.are ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's sad anyone had to die or get hurt, but I pray that if any JWs were nearby with a cart or anything that they're safe.

That was my first thought also. Hoping all.are ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Why is it always more important when this kind of thing happens that no brothers were hurt? This is something that really bothers me every time this kind of thing happens. There are more than a dozen people murdered. As far as I could see a little girl was among the broken bodies on Ramblas. Is her family not worth feeling pity for? Seriously, this is the patriotic garbage in the media that gets me nauseated, every time they stress how many Germans were victim of some terror attack on foreign soil. What gives??

Gesendet von meinem S60 mit Tapatalk

Brother Reuben, it always hurts when we see this kind of thing,  or an accident with loss of life. We know life is precious to Jehovah,  He doesn't want anyone to die, He teaches us that.

It is no great surprise to see that His worshipers,  people like yourself,  feel the same way...

I don't look at the pictures very much,  most times it's too painful and I don't want that vision to stay with me.

I have 3 daughters,  what you said about the little girl,  well,  I'm not even gonna look...I know from experience that it will only scare me and enrage me, historically that was how I reacted to threats to my girls. ..I don't want to go there. 

You, me, all of us, we all hate  this kind of crap, hate it to our core but we also have that beautiful promise of the Resurrection,  a hope so awesome that I have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

That hope is what gives us solace during these trying times, it helps us to realize that though this situation is horrific,  it is only for just a little bit longer and then those victims,  that little girl,  will be back,  better than before,  with a hope of growing up in Paradise.  

That is what helps me Brother, and  I know it helps you too. I'm sorry you're hurting. You are not alone, I'm right there with you. 

Sorry if I am reading something into these comments that isn't there.

It's just this thing always comes up every time on this board when there is a terror attack. Sometimes it sounded like due to the nature of the event in question (Eagles of Death Metal concert, Ariana Grande concert), a sigh of relief goes through the forum because the ones who actually matter could not be so directly affected, could they? I always get the impression this relativates the suffering. This kind of thing seems exclusive to this forum to me, I never get this impression vis-à-vis from my brothers.

By the way, I am equally angered when terror attacks killing over a hundred Pakistanis are not mentioned in mainstream-media but an attack with a knife injuring one person in Germany is worth hours of reporting.

In any case, if brothers were affected I'm sure that Jehovah will find some way of using that for the benefit of his name or to help others, as he did in the case of Robert Oliver Calvo in 2015 with the Germanwings plane crash.

I personally feel so much more pity for the families of the victims who have no palpable resurrection hope. The parents of a little girl who are about to be told by their priest that "God needed another little angel". People who never even knew what they were turning down when they closed the door on us. I pray they will listen now.

On seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.

By the way, I am equally angered when terror attacks killing over a hundred Pakistanis are not mentioned in mainstream-media but an attack with a knife injuring one person in Germany is worth hours of reporting.

It used to really bother me when they would report on the news how many US soldiers we killed in Iraq, which usually wasn't that many, but wouldn't tell how many tens of thousands of Iraqi innocent civilians were killed. Less than 4,500 US soldiers were killed between 2003-2014, while 173,000-194,000 Iraqi civilians were killed between 2003 and 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

The parents of a little girl who are about to be told by their priest that "God needed another little angel". People who never even knew what they were turning down when they closed the door on us. I pray they will listen now.

That old, 'God needed another angel' thing is particularly bad, it is so wrong to say about the God of love..it is responsible for a lot of folks hating Jehovah,  they blame Him for a lot of the pain in their lives. 

My first wife told that lie to our youngest daughter when our 3yr old son died. That is a horrid thing to tell a 5yr old girl that just lost her baby brother...

Sorry if I am reading something into these comments that isn't there.

It's just this thing always comes up every time on this board when there is a terror attack. Sometimes it sounded like due to the nature of the event in question (Eagles of Death Metal concert, Ariana Grande concert), a sigh of relief goes through the forum because the ones who actually matter could not be so directly affected, could they? I always get the impression this relativates the suffering. This kind of thing seems exclusive to this forum to me, I never get this impression vis-à-vis from my brothers.

In any case, if brothers were affected I'm sure that Jehovah will find some way of using that for the benefit of his name or to help others, as he did in the case of Robert Oliver Calvo in 2015 with the Germanwings plane crash.

I personally feel so much more pity for the families of the victims who have no palpable resurrection hope. The parents of a little girl who are about to be told by their priest that "God needed another little angel". People who never even knew what they were turning down when they closed the door on us. I pray they will listen now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying you would have the same feeling if a close loved one were killed(child, sibling, parent, or close friend) as if anyone else were killed?

I think this is human nature. It always comes up because it's a perfectly natural response. I think if our first concern was not for our brothers and sisters it would indicate a problem. When disaster strikes, such as an earthquake, the brothers immediately send aid to the friends in need....if they are able they help others as well. But primary recipients are our brothers.

Doesn't mean we're not sad for others.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I feel very saddened for the tragedy in Barcelona. I'm so sorry for the lifes of those lost there because of what hs happened.  
This is the new normal... Finland in the news....
I'm sorry if I offend anyone but this is fulfillment of the prophetic word being made more sure! We need the Kingdom and we need to ensure our minds and heart are ready for what we are about to observe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk