JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Knife attack Finland

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2412 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/18/europe/finland-turku-knife-attack-latest-updates/index.html

Several people have been stabbed in the Finnish city Turku, west of Helsinki, according to national police. The public has been urged to stay away from the city's downtown area.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/flera-knivhuggna-i-abo-polisen-undvik-omradet/

The article in swedish says that a woman with a little child in a stroller was stabbed in the neck while walking over the square with her baby.

This is something you just dont have any words for:crying:

2 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

This is something you just dont have any words for:crying:

The level of utter violence is unbelievable, and even though we know why (because it was prophesied to be the worst of times as marking the last days of this system),  it is still so shocking. Mentally it is hard to manage this on a almost daily basis.

Keeping close to our Father is the only way through this. We just don't know when this sort of random violence will happen in our neighbourhoods too, and it hits closer to home or even personally. No wonder people are getting faint out of fear, without hope. Even if we grieve over loss, we can gain deep comfort in knowing why it's happening and that Jehovah will undo all the harm and fulfil Rev 21:4, 5.

Just now, LindaViktoria said:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/18/europe/finland-turku-knife-attack-latest-updates/index.html

Several people have been stabbed in the Finnish city Turku, west of Helsinki, according to national police. The public has been urged to stay away from the city's downtown area.

one of them was 23 years old sister at witnessing carts, she was stabbed to throat and died very soon :(, attacker did yell allah akbar. Police shot him 3-4 minutes after that to leg, but he bleed to death.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/finland-terror-attack-live-updates-11010657

Edited by harmania

one of them was 23 years old sister at witnessing carts, she was stabbed to throat and died very soon :(, attacker did yell allah akbar. Police shot him 3-4 minutes after that to leg, but he bleed to death.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/finland-terror-attack-live-updates-11010657

One of the two victims was a Jehovah's Witness passing out leaflets, the newspaper Ila-Sanomat reported.

http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005332094.html

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Turns out suspected stabber is not dead, but seriously wounded, and for that reason police can't hear him yet... Hopefully Jehovah will not look this stuff much longer and gives us new world soon. Have to be patient till that.

Edited by harmania

All this violence really just makes me sick. At least we can be certain that our sister will receive a resurrection since it appears that she died faithful to Jehovah. Also, since Finland hasn't practiced capital punishment since 1825, chances are the attacker will still be alive when this system comes to an end and will experience the consequences of his actions by Jesus Christ himself, unless he repents. 2 Thessalonians 1:6

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I read a news article about Isis, stating that they will attack in whatever manner it takes all  through out Europe.  The other day I visited my doctor's office and he was making plans to visit Italy in 2018.  I simply advised him stay out of big crowds, he asked me why, and I just told him, this is what the terrorist groups are hoping for.  He said no terrorists are in Italy.  REALLY?   I told him the world is like the weather, it changes every day.   A few days of sunshine, then clouds, maybe a storm here and there, but nothing stays the same.    He just chuckled and said am not worried.  The world never changes!  REALLY!

22 hours ago, harmania said:

Turns out suspected stabber is not dead, but seriously wounded, and for that reason police can't hear him yet... Hopefully Jehovah will not look this stuff much longer and gives us new world soon. Have to be patient till that.

I got one day of the convention in, and the brothers (in their talks) said that Jehovah's day is VERY NEAR.   I read on JW.ORG about out sister in Finland.  She's guaranteed the resurrection.  Our bible has been banned in Russia, the attacks in Spain, none of our brothers/sister's died.  And us, we just don't give up. Wt for this week, its about Jehovah right to rule.   The world is having an eye full that man cannot do it.   He cannot direct his own step's.   

The August broadcast featured women in Jehovah's organization...a "large army"...Ps. 68:11. This sister fought the fine fight to the end! One news report said the man was targeting women...

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I was wondering if there was still a RC scheduled in Spain, and maybe in BCN (Barcelona) ; actually, there is still one left this weekend but in Madrid and at the assembly hall in Ajalvir. At least, the brothers are holding their convention safely.

This year, the RC took place early in France and Spain ; they started in June (through August). It was the first time for me to attend the assembly in June... No doubt, the brothers know better... We can trust them always.

Every day that is passing by, I am so grateful to be part of Jehovah's organization.

We feel so secure inside.