JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you have a perfect voice?

Do you like signing?

I was reading November Watchtower Study and one expression got me thinking

Namely: So why should we let our imperfect singing voices stop us from praising Jehovah in song?

I started visualizing Paradise and perfect mankind singing joyfully with perfect voices.

I've always loved music and singing and many times I was puzzled if I ever be able to sing perfectly in Paradise? :confused:

I really think that "bad voice" is side effect of imperfection

Your thoughts please... :D

kids-singing-design_1308-576.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There is a study that says that singing well is only a matter of training your voice. It's training that almost nobody takes. What we consider 'Good' singers, are people with natural talent. But I like the idea that everyone has the capacity to be a good singer with enough experience. In the New World, we'll get all the experience we need. Imagine how we'll sound after a thousand years?

1 minute ago, Thomas Walker said:

There is a study that says that singing well is only a matter of training your voice.

Then I need million years take 2-3 days either way :whistling:

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

"Bad voice" usually comes down to practice and technique, unless it is damaged by illness.

Johan

LOL .. I must be the product of many illnesses then :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

LOL .. I must be the product of many illnesses then :lol2:

I doubt you are anymore than anyone else. Usually people are just a little bit too embarrassed or they're simply not practicing. Then they do not dare to sing out during the meeting since they're too insecure about the quality of their voice.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

I doubt you are anymore than anyone else. Usually people are just a little bit too embarrassed or they're simply not practicing. Then they do not dare to sing out during the meeting since they're too insecure about the quality of their voice.

Johan

By nature I am quite confident person I sing loud not withholding the volume etc in the KH ..I practice too

But I don't see improvement for years :wall:

By nature I am quite confident person I sing loud not withholding the volume etc in the KH ..I practice too
But I don't see improvement for years :wall:

You can improve by practicing at home and listening. There are various techniques you can use, and I'm sure if you'd hear a recording of your singing a few years ago you'd hear a difference.

http://m.wikihow.com/Have-a-Good-Singing-Voice

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I dont know brother gregexplore if there will be perfect voice when singing without songs for praising its giver, as brother nebolsin said "Music can express joy, confidence, tenderness, and almost every other emotion."  It really takes Jehovah's voice as He is perfect for us :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

20 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I started visualizing Paradise and perfect mankind singing joyfully with perfect voices.

I've always loved music and singing and many times I was puzzled if I ever be able to sing perfectly in Paradise? :confused:

I really think that "bad voice" is side effect of imperfection

Your thoughts please... :D

I think not everybody has talent to sing perfectly. Ones can be amazing singers, others literally can't. 

I have an awful singing voice. It's very monotone and flat. The only singing I can do is forced opera singing. I am told though I have potential to become at good opera singing, but as for other styles of singing in general.... 

Edited by EccentricM

There is nothing... nothing that I can do myself that brings me more joy than singing. I have a very good voice and have sung professionally for years.

I only wish there were more opportunities to really sing that wouldn't very possibly lead to trouble.  Or be viewed as showing off. :(

I just sing in the car and at the Hall.  That's all I can do..

But I'm with the others who say -- if you want to sing better, you really need to sing out and often.  There are very few truly "tone deaf" people; all can be improved.  And at the Hall... it's more volume than "amazing" quality.  If everyone raises their voice in praise to Jehovah, the effect will be absolutely beautiful... 100% sureness of that!  Do it!  :wub:

nice title and tips for unity   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-november-2017/singing-essential-part-of-true-worship/

and perfect timing (pun intended) as usual   ...   https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014255#h=97-100:0 

Edited by timpin