JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

United Nations - Agenda 2030

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2432 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Extract from a speech by Peter Thomson, President of the UN General Assembly: 

By adopting the 17 interconnected and mutually-reinforcing Sustainable Development Goals, they made an intergenerational promise to build a world of peace, prosperity, and sustainability for all.

Premised on the commitment  to ‘leave no one behind’, the SDGs stand to transform our world by breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty; building peaceful societies; increasing global prosperity; achieving gender equality; countering growing inequality; improving the health and wellbeing of all people; protecting our natural environmental, and averting the worst impacts of climate change – all by 2030.

Implementing the 2030 Agenda is a challenge on a scale that the world has not seen before.

Full Speech

http://www.un.org/pga/71/2017/08/01/intergenerational-dialogue-on-sdgs/

Edited by sunshine

I have often wondered - before a time of peace and security isn't it usually wartime conditions then said parties make an agreement for peace or they accomplish something they find so awesome they say it's peaceful? things could be escalating quicker than we realize :unsure:

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

7 hours ago, sunshine said:

The way I see it they don't have to do it they just have to declare that they've done it.  Exciting times we are living in.

That's how a lot of people see it.  It appears, though, that the people will believe the declaration.  For them to believe it, there needs to be the appearance of reality.