JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Irma could be the next weather disaster

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2412 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh that's terrible. And not knowing yet which way it will go makes it hard to prepare. Cat 4 is awful. Lets keep an eye on this one.

Golly, I'm glad I live over here.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 9/1/2017 at 7:47 AM, Brother Jack said:

I just checked, Irma is a category 6 or more [?] never happened before.  If it doesn't fizzle out, East Coast - Just get ready. Jehovah will take care of you, but do all what you can do. Like, now.

As of four hours ago, Irma was a Category 3 :

MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL11_storm_info_1280x720.j

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/irma-major-hurricane-atlantic-ocean-intensification

Irma has strengthened into a Category 3 hurricane.

Additional strengthening is expected as Irma moves westward in the week ahead.

Irma will move close to the Lesser Antilles by the middle of this week, and then near or north of Hispaniola, the Turks and Caicos and Bahamas late week into next weekend.

It remains far too soon to speculate on eventual potential U.S. impact, but East Coast residents should monitor closely.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We had a special announcement at the WT this morning - the LDC contacted all the COBE's in the area to remind us to not wait till the last moment to be prepared for Irma .... just in case.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The WT today was appropriate for these disasters we're having, adding in India as well. This Irma storm looks to be potentially worse, (how can that be?)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone

Irma.png.cf70ed283320f52b2e202f3d26b205db.png

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

When Sandy was coming along the Eastern sea board, I kept my eye on the weather channel.  So when it looked apparent that it was headed up my way, I went out a couple of days before it hit, and got necessary things for just in case it would drag out and destruction of some kind would happen.  Got some non perishable things, my emergency nap sack, medications, ins. papers, a couple of dollars, and went in-land as far as I could to get away from the bay (Chesapeake Bay, MD) where the waters would surge over the shores and houses down along the stretch of the shore line.     I didn't want to go alone, so I invited friends and made provisions for those who had a harder time (health issues) then myself to escape from the danger.    For those who couldn't leave, (like those in nursing homes, or paralyzed in bed or in wheelchairs and other illnesses where they could not be moved) I prayed for them to make it through the storm.    

(Proverbs 22:3) . . . The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences. . .

Wow, it's getting bigger, golly it's scary. Says it's heading to Florida. Any news on your end John?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-puerto-rico-florida/index.html

Fortunately for me, I do not live the end B) I am much more inland.

Where I live, we will not get any storm surge, but the wind and the rain can be really bad.

So far, they are still guessing on where it will go.

Vernalee is in the panhandle - I am in the main part of the peninsula inland.

Depending on just where she is, she may be much closer to the gulf than I am

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Oh ok, I googled Sky News, I didn't know this site. Interesting. Boy I hope everyone leaves.

http://news.sky.com/story/hurricane-irma-caribbean-on-alert-as-major-storm-bears-down-11020602

Yes that was the link I was referring to...so sorry I will have to ask my daughter tomorrow, who is also on here, to show me how to post a link...as you can see I'm not computer savvy! 

Its very scary though, the FS knew what they were doing when we got the direction to prepare 'go bags'....Jehovah always prepares us ahead of time....:-)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article171359692.html

Hurricane Irma is the strongest storm forecasters have ever seen develop in the Atlantic—and it’s so intense that scientific instruments have started confusing it with another terrifying natural disaster: earthquakes. Hurricane Irma is so strong it's starting to show up on seismometers in the Caribbean -- equipment designed to measure earthquakes.

Earlier Tuesday, the National Hurricane Center confirmed that still-developing Irma is the strongest storm it’s ever recorded in the Atlantic basin.

I just spoke to my brother in Naples.  He just closed on a condo on Aug 11th...and he's still unpacking and getting things set up.  Now this.  He does not have flood insurance.  

He said they are waiting for their meeting tomorrow evening...they are expecting a letter from the CO on instructions.

At least he can stay with me or our niece if needed.  

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12