JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Irma could be the next weather disaster

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The friends in the British, US Virgin Isles, Puerto Rico, Cuba.. All the Carribean need much prayers.

Irma is Cat 5 in Atlantic Ocean terminology... A super typhoon in Pacific Ocean terminology

Florida officials begin ordering evacuations as Hurricane Irma intensifies to a Category 5 storm
http://wapo.st/2gJauWM

Tropical Storm Jose is not far behind Irma! Prayers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We live in Daytona Beach..just moved to a manufactured mobile home to be in a 55 and older community. This morning the weather channel is showing a possible change in course of the storm to just skirting the east coast of Florida..if this holds, good news for us, but worse for North and South Carolina. (It pays to watch the updates of the forcast).

We made reservations at a motel next to our assembly hall for Sunday and Monday in case there is an evacuation order for mobile home parks! Prayers for everyone in harms way!:lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My niece and family live on St. Maarten. She's been posting on Facebook all night, but haven't heard from her for about four hours now. Last thing she posted was that power was out, and that she's never been as scared in her life (and she has been through hurricanes before).

Yesterday she shared the "emergency shelters" plan. Basically, no shelters will be open in advance of the hurricane. If you feel your home is not safe, go stay with friends or family. After the storm, it will be decided if shelters will open. Maximum stay is 48 hours, but if your shelter is a school, it may only be 24 hours. Shelters do not have beds, food, water, etc., so bring your own. :angry:

It's insane here in FL, so many cars in the street preparing for the storm. We went to the supermarket yesterday and it was swamped as they were almost out of water, the managers saying they would need to order an emergency supply at that rate. The soup, crackers and canned good ails were backed up, everyone having the same idea, non perishables! Long lines despite gas prices having risen up 40 cents in our area, but now they're completely out of gas. My family and I have made plans to evacuate north, but have brought out our emergency backpacks just in case the traffic is backed up, with first aid kits, extra food, changes of clothing, multi tools like flashlights etc.

The reaction to the storm has been eye opening. My family and I aren't worried about the incoming home damages as our lives are far more important than that, but for some people it's all they have. Material things are their god, so they are staying behind to guard their "priceless" things from the storm & looters. Some simply aren't taking the warnings seriously, (sound familiar?), thinking they are tough enough to ride out a Category 5 hurricane. It makes me wonder about their priorities.

Will keep you all updated in the future, the storm should make landfall by Saturday.

There are 2 more storms brewing, Jose- mentioned on the previous page, is next in line. That's unbelievable. Irma is going to be so bad, I cannot imagine trying to prepare for Jose when you don't have anything to prepare.

Question, how far away from the eye can the effects of the wind be felt? Like this one for instance.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Someone asked earlier if Irma was more powerful than Andrew.

According to Florida's Governor, it is.:wacko:

Video URL:

Florida governor says Irma is 'bigger, faster, stronger' than Hurricane Andrew

http://wapo.st/2vLPAgd

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Been hearing this all morning. If there was a designation of category 6 I'm sure they'd call it that.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIAPWSAT1+shtml/060853.shtml

FONT11 KNHC 061444
PWSAT1

HURRICANE IRMA WIND SPEED PROBABILITIES NUMBER  30                  
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL       AL112017               
1500 UTC WED SEP 06 2017                                            

AT 1500Z THE CENTER OF HURRICANE IRMA WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 18.2
NORTH...LONGITUDE 64.0 WEST WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR 160   
KTS...185 MPH...295 KM/H. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I'm in Orlando I'm not going anywhere . I will be at the wastewater plant during the storm because I'm scheduled if it comes here.my wife year around stocks up on water and non perishables so I haven't even been to the store.   might fill up my gas cans that will be it she said she staying at the house even tho family's can come to the plant she thinking about it.honesty being raised in mobile Al and being through hurricanes all my life I'm really not bothered I'm more worried about tornadoes spinning off it than anything.

Edited by navco

Someone asked earlier if Irma was more powerful than Andrew.
According to Florida's Governor, it is.:wacko:
Video URL:
Florida governor says Irma is 'bigger, faster, stronger' than Hurricane Andrew
http://wapo.st/2vLPAgd

I mentioned Hurricane Andrew in my comment Sunday about back then some of us made donations specific to Hurricane Andrew but FDS moved away from letting friends earmark money to be more agile when disasters strike. That's why donations to world wide work is so important; it lets the FDS manage the dedicated funds accordingly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Please dear friends, in the way of this hurricane, please take necessary precautions and find safety.  The Islands hit already have had not just destruction but death.  This video was on my local news channel.  When I clicked on the story, the video just played by itself.  The force of the winds of this storm is something I have never experienced in my lifetime.   Just viewing it and hearing the noise from its roar scared me.   Am sitting thinking when Jehovah's appointed day comes, the entire earth will roar.  

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/path-of-irma/12182287

French official reports 2 dead as Irma lashes Caribbean

Edited by Allabord4Jah

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Please dear friends, in the way of this hurricane, please take necessary precautions and find safety.  The Islands hit already have had not just destruction but death.  This video was on my local news channel.  When I clicked on the story, the video just played by itself.  The force of the winds of this storm is something I have never experienced in my lifetime.   Just viewing it and hearing the noise from its roar scared me.   Am sitting thinking when Jehovah's appointed day comes, the entire earth will roar.  

Oh my!!! This is horrendous & so scary! The noise is deafening.....please be careful everyone. 

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I went to the news link but am unable to find the video you are describing. Do you have a link for only the video?:lol:

cat2_e0.gif

5 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I went to the news link but am unable to find the video you are describing. Do you have a link for only the video?:lol:

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Jothob said:

There's just a 10sec advert just before the video......

There are several videos with the same ad first..still see only pictures of vehicles flooded in the street..no sound though..

cat2_e0.gif

12 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

There are several videos with the same ad first..still see only pictures of vehicles flooded in the street..no sound though..

This URL takes me right to the video.

It's called "Hurricane Irma Bears Down on St. Maarten"

59b0778266c92_CopyofVideopic.jpg.gif.99e3c741575d2a58968cd8f242912d58.gif

I just clicked on the site I submitted in here, and on my screen it just comes on and the sound is deafening. But perhaps for some who pull this video up, you may have to click on the > arrow to start the video and check the sound to see if it is on (on the video).  This is the best I can describe to hear the roar of this hurricane.    On another news site, the video that you see in here now, was filmed at St. Marten's Airport.  

Edited by Allabord4Jah

If Irma holds to the new path they are predicting, we will be getting a lot of rain and wind, but not in the direct path.

Will just have to wait and see where it goes.

I have lived here for 57 years and have experienced several hurricanes. We never take them lightly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

This URL takes me right to the video.

It's called "Hurricane Irma Bears Down on St. Maarten"

Wow Sis!

That is amazing footage!  And the people in the supermarket looking for water.

It would be good if they could ration so everyone "may" get some water.  On CNN

they say more water and gas is coming into Florida for the mad exodus. 

Today in the ministry....we had two that commented on all that is going on and

and express their concerns, that photo makes me think of

Luke 21:25,26 - the faint out of fear.

Prayers!

Finally heard from my niece. She and family are safe. Several doors and windows were blown out, including the door to the utility room where they where sheltering. She said her husband became a human shield, and that they sang Kingdom songs to stay calm. They have two young boys.