JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast for Sept 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2378 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The music video is set in Sydney, if I'm not mistaken.  I recognise the housing architecture from near my old territory.  Anyone from Sydney, inner suburbs, confirm?  (The cart in Castlereagh St is a giveaway).

That Knock Knock video was very good, wasn't it? :)

The brother acts like he is not acting sis hatcheckgirl :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 9/5/2017 at 2:21 PM, Tortuga said:

We watched the broadcast for our family worship. The part on punctuality was very difficult for me.

My tongue is sore from biting it, my eyes ache from staying focused on the video and my face hurts from being frozen in place...:eek:

I hope the brothers make a separate video of the talk on punctuality, I'd like to load it into my wife's computer startup folder....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I hope the brothers make a separate video of the talk on punctuality, I'd like to load it into my wife's computer startup folder....:eek:

15 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What are you insinuating, Brother Richard?

The knock knock video was edited slightly, by the way. In the original film, the young flapper at the second door flirts with the deeply embarassed young brother, then steals his hat to cheekily waft air at herself with it. He calmly but firmly asks for his hat back. Then, he awkwardly presses a leaflet into her hands and turns away. Angrily, she waves him away as she closes the door.

I suppose it was cut to avoid some discomfort, but I thought it was actually really cute in the original.

1 minute ago, ChocoBro said:

The knock knock video was edited slightly, by the way. In the original film, the young flapper at the second door flirts with the deeply embarassed young brother, then steals his hat to cheekily waft air at herself with it. He calmly but firmly asks for his hat back. Then, he awkwardly presses a leaflet into her hands and turns away. Angrily, she waves him away as she closes the door.

I suppose it was cut to avoid some discomfort, but I thought it was actually really cute in the original.

That was the bit I noticed was missing... maybe they also cut for time?  The original was funny.. :) 

6 minutes ago, Hope said:

That was the bit I noticed was missing... maybe they also cut for time?  The original was funny.. :) 

Well I didn't know the video beforehand.. which apparently has been around for a few years already. But I did notice it seemed a bit pushed, in the broadcast, the brother is all friendly first, then uncourteously presses the leaflet into her hand, turns around and the initially friendly girl is angry all of the sudden, it felt like something was missing.

Found this on youtube

https://youtu.be/E531kkEHX4s?t=2m20s

29 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Well I didn't know the video beforehand.. which apparently has been around for a few years already. But I did notice it seemed a bit pushed, in the broadcast, the brother is all friendly first, then uncourteously presses the leaflet into her hand, turns around and the initially friendly girl is angry all of the sudden, it felt like something was missing.

Found this on youtube

https://youtu.be/E531kkEHX4s?t=2m20s

That missing chunk of the video explains the girl's reaction to the leaflet a little better.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I watched the broadcast at the KH with others, like me, who have terrible rural internet or some have none at all.  I will have to tell the sister sitting with me that the young flapper girl was not the deceased wife of the man with the two young daughters.  When the camera scans the photo of the family picture the mother looked similar to the young flapper girl.  I did not notice but my partner took immediate attention and pointed at the screen and said 'there is that other girl'.  Now I have a bit of news to give her re: the edit!  Thanks! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Wonder if people will remove these videos from YouTube now that they know the copyright has been gifted to the GB?

I know some professed Witnesses who pull content from JW.org and put it on YouTube the same day, and they justify it by counting the time people watch it on their FS report (video length times total views).

Somehow, I don't think the copyright status of this video is going to move very many to do the right thing and remove it from their YouTube channels.

8 minutes ago, Stavro said:

I know some professed Witnesses who pull content from JW.org and put it on YouTube the same day, and they justify it by counting the time people watch it on their FS report (video length times total views).

Stavro, I'm glad you are active on the forum again. You make me aware of things I would have never thought of :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Stavro said:

and they justify it by counting the time people watch it on their FS report (video length times total views).

28 minutes ago, Stavro said:

:oops:  I imagine they would think it is okay to play the lotto if they used the money to Pioneer :idea:

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

35 minutes ago, Stavro said:

You know, I think the next time my service partner places something I'll rip it out of the householders hands and then hand it back to the householder so I can count the placement too....:scared:

1 hour ago, Stavro said:

Whoa!!!  That would be the easiest way to pioneer EVER!!!  :blink:

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Whoa!!!  That would be the easiest way to pioneer EVER!!!  :blink:

The first person I know who did this actually described the process during an on-platform interview, as she was explaining how she could balance full-time pioneering with secular work. Since her husband was the SO, as well as the interview conductor, many others understood this to be an accepted practice, "but only for pioneers".

2 minutes ago, Stavro said:

The first person I know who did this actually described the process during an on-platform interview, as she was explaining how she could balance full-time pioneering with secular work. Since her husband was the SO, as well as the interview conductor, many others understood this to be an accepted practice, "but only for pioneers".

Whaaat?

:shrugs:

10 hours ago, Stavro said:

That is so wrong.

Apart from breaking the legal agreement, If someone clicks on a YouTube video, it registers a view even if they only watch a few seconds and stop. There is no guarantee that they watched the full video. So the time counted will be impossible to calculate!

Apart from breaking the terms of use of course!

14 hours ago, Stavro said:

I'm astonished!!!!

Send this tto that SO:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202012454?q=article+placement&p=par#h=4

Send an Article or a Publication to Someone You Know: Attach a downloaded PDF or an EPUB to an e-mail. Or download an audio version of a publication onto a CD. Each time you give someone who is not baptized a complete electronic book, brochure, or magazine, you may count it as a placement. Material should not be sent anonymously or in bulk. Neither should it be uploaded to any other Internet Web site

On 12.9.2017 at 9:01 PM, LeslieDean said:

I watched the broadcast at the KH with others, like me, who have terrible rural internet or some have none at all.  I will have to tell the sister sitting with me that the young flapper girl was not the deceased wife of the man with the two young daughters.  When the camera scans the photo of the family picture the mother looked similar to the young flapper girl.  I did not notice but my partner took immediate attention and pointed at the screen and said 'there is that other girl'.  Now I have a bit of news to give her re: the edit!  Thanks! 

I really wonder how somebody could come to that conclusion, I didn't think they look similar at all, except maybe a little the hairstyle.

For me, the zooming into the family photo while the importance of the resurrection was being mentioned automatically implied that the lady on the photo, who was missing in the living room scene, had died.

Unbenannt2 Kopie.jpg