JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

If Prince came knocking....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.gigcity.ca/2011/10/28/prince-comes-to-rexall-place-dec-13/

“If Prince came knocking on your door, should you let him in knowing he’s a Jehovah’s Witness?

Of course you should. In fact, we’ll convert just to get front-row seats to his show”

How do you feel about a Brother having “Fame”?

I feel empathy for the hurdles they must overcome every day.

I feel happy for those who remain humble.

I feel overjoyed with those who join us in preaching the Good News.

I feel humbled for those to whom Jehovah counts as a friend.

I feel sad for those who choose to worship them.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I feel that the obstacles ones like Prince must face are huge.

They well and truly are spectacles to the world.

How difficult it must be to remain true to Jehovah when satan is constantly trying to turn them away.

not really the same subject but of interest, one of the brothers in our congregation that moved to paris, met prince at the local kingdom hall there. my friend had no idea who he was and i thought that was brilliant, just treating him in a friendly way because hes a brother visiting the hall. i would hopefully be exactly the same, and i think it must be somewhat refreshing to be treated that way as hes probably being swooned over most of the time, something im sure as a brother must be difficult to deal with so in a way were back to the original subject. i feel for anyone like that, a whole different set of issues to deal with.

I feel fame is a great obstacle to being able to walk modestly with Jehovah.

I think that also. But it's working for him. So even famous people can show Jehovah that they love Him. He must have to work on his humility all the time. So far he has shown a good example for other famous people to emulate. What a bad example Michael Jackson was.:tsk:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

http://www.gigcity.ca/2011/10/28/prince-comes-to-rexall-place-dec-13/

“If Prince came knocking on your door, should you let him in knowing he’s a Jehovah’s Witness?

Of course you should. In fact, we’ll convert just to get front-row seats to his show”

How do you feel about a Brother having “Fame”?

I feel happy for those who remain humble.

I feel overjoyed with those who join us in preaching the Good News.

I feel humbled for those to whom Jehovah counts as a friend.

I feel sad for those who choose to worship them.

I think that he can do excellently

Fact that he is publicly known there can be an easement or he can use it a little at least as an advantage also

The danger is what Watchtower society says in a video "young people ask- what i will do with my life" in presented play

In an affirmative mind, however, we see and other people also see

That it will not be impossible to serve the god if there is a public person

For example this is a good example and to read is worthwhile ( g 2012 january p24-26)

I am uncomfortable with this topic. My son met Prince at his congregation. Ask yourself this question: Would I feel good to know my brothers and sisters are setting me apart from the brotherhood and viewing me as an 'object' instead of their brother? Would you like to have a thread started discussing you?

I am uncomfortable with this topic. My son met Prince at his congregation. Ask yourself this question: Would I feel good to know my brothers and sisters are setting me apart from the brotherhood and viewing me as an 'object' instead of their brother? Would you like to have a thread started discussing you?

I agree, btw I feel that way as well about the "anointed" thread which is now several pages long, it almost feels like we are discussing brothers and sisters behind their backs...just my personal opinion.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I agree, , it almost feels like we are discussing brothers and sisters behind their backs...just my personal opinion.

I couldn't of said it better. For those that posted on this thread, in good conscious, can you talk to Brother Rodgers (Prince) at the Kingdom Hall, and show him this thread and feel good about yourself?

i can only apologise if anything i put in my post offended anyone? and i certainly dont view him as an object? im a bit confused really. if i was a famous person and a thread like this was about me, i can see nothing that id be in the least offended by? so im a little :perplexed:. anyway, apologies again if anything i put here has caused offence and i ask the moderators to "moderate" anything they feel needs it. yours in christian love, wether famous or not. stuart

I really don't think that you have offended anyone Stuart.....

BTW... Prince was at my DC this summer, no one noticed or cared who he was, he is just another brother... and I am sure, to be viewed that way would please him.

If I was a famous person who found the truth and discovered that I had been given plesant comments on this forum... then it would please me no end and I definitly would not be offended... in fact quite the opposite.... we are all the same in Jehovahs eyes..:)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

i can only apologise if anything i put in my post offended anyone? and i certainly dont view him as an object? im a bit confused really. if i was a famous person and a thread like this was about me, i can see nothing that id be in the least offended by? so im a little :perplexed:. anyway, apologies again if anything i put here has caused offence and i ask the moderators to "moderate" anything they feel needs it. yours in christian love, wether famous or not. stuart

i am not at all offended...everyone is entitled to their opinion;)

he's a brother we all love him!--with that said, he should be treated as any other brother...;)

Growth Demands Change!

im glad, i am far from perfect and i am sure i can cause offence and sometimes im even .... shhhh ... i will say this quietly....wrong! (dont tell anybody will you dawnmarie!) anyway, we all have different things to deal with whatever they maybe. rich, poor, fat (cough cough) thin, old, young, male, female, but we are still one united christian brotherhood and i love it. :taz::taz::taz: go taz go!

im glad, i am far from perfect and i am sure i can cause offence and sometimes im even .... shhhh ... i will say this quietly....wrong! (dont tell anybody will you dawnmarie!) anyway, we all have different things to deal with whatever they maybe. rich, poor, fat (cough cough) thin, old, young, male, female, but we are still one united christian brotherhood and i love it. :taz::taz::taz: go taz go!

you can say that again!:bringiton::bouncing:

Growth Demands Change!

I agree Sister Joan... we should love and respect all our brothers and sisters... fame can be a great weight to bear, and I commend one that remains faithful in spite of the Satan's world system constantly working against them... they need our support and prayers.

If I was a famous person who found the truth and discovered that I had been given plesant comments on this forum... then it would please me no end and I definitly would not be offended... in fact quite the opposite.... we are all the same in Jehovahs eyes..:)

maybe,.....some may feel uncomfortable with "undue" attention, whether it be positive or negative....especially someone famous--they get enough publicity and attention in the world-I think maybe they would like to be not discussed among jehovahs people, if they were a Jehovahs Witness?--but I can see your point--it can be looked at both ways...:)...i guess..

Growth Demands Change!

Would you like to have a thread started discussing you?

If it were about how I was succeeding in maintaining my integrity despite all that this system was throwing against me, then sure, why not?

I don't see how this thread differs all that much from a "The Life Story of" or "The Bible Changes Lives" in our monthly Christian magazines in that respect.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I agree Sister Joan... we should love and respect all our brothers and sisters... fame can be a great weight to bear, and I commend one that remains faithful in spite of the Satan's world system constantly working against them... they need our support and prayers.

Yes, indeed, just like Brother Prince ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I cannot help but think you have misunderstood the purpose of this Thread. Going back to the First post, I linked to a newspaper article and then quoted from it.

That is the Worlds View of one of Jehovah's Witnesses that has attained Fame.

In contrast to the worlds view I ask a question: "How do you feel about a Brother having “Fame”?

The purpose of the thread was to contrast the worlds view of Famous Jehovah's Witnesses with a Theocratic view and not a discussion about Brother Prince himself.

I would have no problem discussing this thread with Bro. Prince and I hope he would feel free to add a constructive comment or two.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I cannot help but think you have misunderstood the purpose of this Thread. Going back to the First post, I linked to a newspaper article and then quoted from it.

In contrast to the worlds view I ask a question: "How do you feel about a Brother having “Fame”?

The purpose of the thread was to contrast the worlds view of Famous Jehovah's Witnesses with a Theocratic view and not a discussion about Brother Prince himself.

I would have no problem discussing this thread with Bro. Prince and I hope he would feel free to add a constructive comment or two.

I think that is exactly what this thread is about. NOBODY was saying anything derogatory about Prince himself. The friends were discussing the difficulties of fame in this system. I think someone just overreacted needlessly. It is a very interesting topic, thank you for posting it!

I agree, I can't think of anything that has been said that would bother him. He is a public person and he must know that we are just as curious about him as are the rest of his fans.:omg: "Is that Prince?"

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

fame can be a great weight to bear,

I truly do think so.

If you are in the public eye, you can have either an adverse effect - or a positive effect.

And I would think that you would know you have that kind of responsibility.

I'm sure that those serving Jehovah in whatever capacity they serve, are very mindful of the responsibility they have to Jehovah in this regard.

But I would think that having a high profile, it might be - hmmmmm.... not harder, but certainly requiring one to always be alert to satan's 'machinations'.

He would dearly love to break you and whoever else may be influenced.

You mean the brother formerly known as Prince? Yes, I know he is still working; I couldn't resist it. :whistling: I would quite happily carry on with sell-out gigs if I had his talent. The fact that it is well known he is a Witness of Jehovah can only be a good thing as far I can see. It is always hard for brothers who are under public scrutiny: people who don't have an interest in the Truth will be the first to yell "But he's supposed to be a JW!" if he does anything remotely wrong.

Annie -

I can imagine that Brother P must have felt spiritally refreshed at the Convention too! - what a wonderful feeling to have the friends except you and not stalk you out as the world does. One could only feel for the many celebrities that have a difficult time just going on outings - especially today with the papparazzi, stalkers, etc. Jehovah people are so beautiful!