JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

maybe say good by to legos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2387 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/with-revenue-and-profits-down-lego-runs-into-some-digital-headwinds/

American kids have been building with Legos since the Danish company began exporting to the U.S. in 1961. Now, parents report that less than 50 percent of kids 12 and under use blocks. Jim Axelrod reports.

We have tons of Lego in the loft.

But these were my favourite thing at first school. It’s why I know 2 x 5 = 10, for example.

3C30D9CE-9981-4CC8-9619-800ACFAD42E8.jpeg.e9ed7c27af28e73684a8aa216b353638.jpeg

(But I’ve just remembered we had a lunar globe at nursery school that fascinated me. I expect one side was still blank c. 1967.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I've got a gazillion legos, in three different sizes.

And we don't even have kids.:D

I find the legos really reasonably priced at garage sales.

When my nephews and nieces come to the farm for a visit,

I take out the legos and I don't have to worry about the kids for hours.

Works better than TV.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I've got a gazillion legos, in three different sizes.
And we don't even have kids.default_biggrin.png
I find the legos really reasonably priced at garage sales.
When my nephews and nieces come to the farm for a visit,
I take out the legos and I don't have to worry about the kids for hours.
Works better than TV.
Your a wonderful Aunt... That is a great pass-time for kids.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

The sets are quite expensive now, plus there are cheap copies being made in China so parents are buying them instead. 

I did my boys a lego themed party this year, hired a village hall and in the side room and loads of lego for them to build. I got it cheap on eBay though...and then sold it on for a profit :D

I ordered some Legos for my grandchildren recently.  Never even noticed the green goblin and pumpkins on one of the boxes.  I saw them when I went to take another look at what I ordered.  Ended up having to order another box of Lego's for one of my grandsons.  This morning I decided to just keep the Legos and give what was left to my grandsons after I threw the goblin and pumpkins out.  I didn't really want the box sitting in my house until I got a ride to return it.  Now all I have to do is try to talk my youngest son into paying for half of it.  He pitched in half already for each of my grandkids. his nieces and nephews.  Hoping he pitches in for that other box too.  It's expensive buying gifts for all the grandchildren.     

We like to vacation at a resort in Carlsbad California that is next to Lego Land. We can see it from our room and hear the kids screaming.  I have never been there...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My kids have lego. A lot has to do with the online games.

So many kids go for the tablet & prefer the robotic games. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

We like making lego bible scenes for family worship - really sticks in our boys brains! We did the pouring out of holy spirit in the upper room, all the little lego people had flames on their head. And one that worked really well was the 3 Hebrews refusing to bow down. 

We made a lego stop motion movie of the crossing of the red sea too.

Next one we are doing is Daniel in the lions den. I made my lions last week (they possibly just look like angry dogs).

I will post photos at some point  (you can tell I enjoy this as much as the kids :D)

55 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I will post photos at some point  (you can tell I enjoy this as much as the kids :D)

>:D<

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, seagull said:

Never knew that Lego is Lego is the UK and Legos in the US.  I've had to wrap myself in shrink wrap to stop the grammar policeman who lives in me from breaking out over this :D

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/10839/what-is-the-correct-plural-form-of-lego-lego-or-legos

I had to bite my tongue too:D Legos sounds very wrong to my ear. I belong to a lego Facebook group and they get quite worked up about people saying Legos :lol:

Ok I'm trying Dropbox for photo hosting, let's see if this works...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxrd76thjrg7zee/20170425_184113.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmp8hvblqctxw9m/20170509_185432.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Peanuts

36 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I had to bite my tongue too:D Legos sounds very wrong to my ear. I belong to a lego Facebook group and they get quite worked up about people saying Legos :lol:

Ok I'm trying Dropbox for photo hosting, let's see if this works...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxrd76thjrg7zee/20170425_184113.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmp8hvblqctxw9m/20170509_185432.jpg?dl=0

Those are fantastic!

Great job!

On 9/30/2017 at 12:15 PM, Peanuts said:

Next one we are doing is Daniel in the lions den. I made my lions last week (they possibly just look like angry dogs).

Have you done Samson at the temple of Dagon?

That would be cool!

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Have you done Samson at the temple of Dagon?

That would be cool!

Oooooh!  Most excellent suggestion!!! 59d3d0fdb85b2_Claphat.gif.a67418228fa1e0721636653b87c6e900.gif

And, if you decide to follow through, could you please take and share some pics of the completed project?BATEYES9.GIF.940a8feb4c922b66bcef994a701269ef.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Oooooh!  Most excellent suggestion!!! 

We should make a list of things she could build. :D

David & Goliath

Jesus cleaning the temple

Korah

Sodom & Gomorrah

Ok watch this space! :lol::superman:

We did the chapter about the tabernacle and the ark of the covenant with them tonight. I was kicking myself for not being better prepared and having some earlier prepared models. As I'm just sitting around watching Great British Bake off (Richard, the new series is on here :D!) I might get building now...