JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Major Earthquake in Mexico

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mexico-earthquake-major-earthquake-hits-in-countrys-south-20170908-gydnu7.html

Mexico City:  An earthquake, initially measured as 8-magnitude,

has struck off the southern coast of Mexico shaking buildings in the capital city,

the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.People in Mexico City ran out into the streets

after the quake struck, a witness said.

They are saying this is the most powerful earthquake to hit Mexico since 1985. Apparently it is quite shallow so there is a tsunami warning out now.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mexico-earthquake-today-tsunami-warning-chiapas-guatemala-el-salvador-costa-rica-nicaragua-panama-a7935516.html

At least five people have been killed after a magnitude-8.1 earthquake struck Mexico, causing a tsunami and warnings for countries across Central America. 

The Governor of the Mexican state of Chiapas announced the first fatalities following the most powerful quake to hit the country since 1985, striking 119km south-southwest of Tres Picos.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said a tsunami had been triggered by the quake, with warnings issued for people in Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras and Ecuador.

The centre forecast waves of 0.3 metres could reach Australia, Vietnam and Japan.

In the Philippines, the national disaster agency put the country's eastern seaboard on alert for a possible tsunami, Reuters reported.

Is it my imagination or have the weather events increased exponentially this year. I see people on Twitter asking what is happening to the world but of course, if we try to tell them most will just laugh at us. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Is it my imagination or have the weather events increased exponentially this year. I see people on Twitter asking what is happening to the world but of course, if we try to tell them most will just laugh at us. 

Hi Sis.

The weather events no doubt have increased, and other things as well, terrorist attacks in first world countries and such.

The Awake No. 6 campaign in december will have a tremendous impact, of course only those with the correct attitude will appreciate it.

Agape.

14 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

Hi Sis.

The weather events no doubt have increased, and other things as well, terrorist attacks in first world countries and such.

The Awake No. 6 campaign in december will have a tremendous impact, of course only those with the correct attitude will appreciate it.

Agape.

AWAKE!  No. 5 2017 | When Disaster Strikes—Steps That Can Save Lives      and  

AWAKE!  No. 6 2017 | Is the World out of Control?   ...................................  so timely    ...........

The news release on JW.org said 45 people were killed. Yes, we lost 3 of our spiritual family.

Plus areas of Mexico reeling from hurricane Katia as well.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

Sadly, we have received confirmation that one of our brothers and two of our sisters were among those who died.

Our thoughts and many prayers are with you friends.
At least 60 dead.... Sad
Let's keep meditating on the resurrection hope!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/magnitude-earthquake-rocks-southern-mexico-felt-capital/story?id=49695667

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What has Dutchsinse said about this earthquake? 

Let's see...

BEFORE the quake hit...

Dutch said that the lack of earthquakes in the region that was hit was an ominous sign.  He said that the

volcanoes suddenly going quiet, and the incoming X flare from the sun, meant there was the potential for a 7 or an 8 to hit.

And it did.:(

AFTER the quake hit...

He said the 8.0 caused the ground to slip sideways by more than thirty feet.  

That is enough displacement to cause all kinds of follow up movement to the North, East and South.

Tsunami buoys were set in motion in Alaska and in the far West Pacific at the same time as the quake,

which means, it was not waves from the Mexico quake, but the entire Pacific plate that moved and set them in motion.

He spoke for several hours about the subject, but those were the points I remember most. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Dutch said that the lack of earthquakes in the region that was hit was an ominous sign.

Has he said anything about northern California lately?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Has he said anything about northern California lately?

Just that the slow-slip event is still going on, ramping up, even.  That affects the tip of Northern California, Oregon, Washington

and Vancouver Island, BC.  As long as the slow-slip continues, these areas won't experience large quake activity.

Alas, when the slow-slip stops, the  Juan De Fuca ridge SHOULD be hit by a 7.0 or greater.

JuanDeFucaPlate.jpg.b729ae6067991bd905d9cbccd4293ecd.jpg

It has happened before, and Dutch expects it will happen again.

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It Is very much appreciated that the brothers keep us informed a.s.a.p. while at the same time not spreading rumours. They must get so many enquiries after a disaster. And it reminds us to keep these ones in our prayers of course.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

http://www.nature.com/news/deadly-mexico-earthquake-had-unusual-cause-1.22586

i heard someone out witnessing say that North Korea's nuclear testing set off this big earthquake. I don't think she really understands plate tectonics, as I don't think it would affect Mexico in that way. There isn't anything I found that connected the two anyway. But, they are baffled as to why such a huge magnitude earthquake would occur where it did.

But this quake was different: it occurred within the Cocos plate, as it warped or bent, not at the boundary with the North American plate, according to the US Geological Survey.

“The type of faulting that occurred here does not usually produce earthquakes of this magnitude,” says Polet. “There have been others in the past 50 years of similar type and location, but none that was even close to this size.” It is still too early to say why the earthquake was so massive, she adds, but “it is sure to inspire much future research”.

Dutch figures it had a lot to do with the massive X solar flare, along with the volcanoes there suddenly stopping their eruptions.

Bad news is, I just got an email from spaceweather.com announcing another X solar flare has occurred.  This one, an X-8.

This does not bode well for earthquake prone areas.

Just as the energized incoming CMEs excite the earth's atmosphere and cause beautiful auroras, power outages and communications

snaffus, these highly charged electrical particles also excite the earth's molten core, when they finally go to ground.  The molten core churns

around and pressure is forced upward, causing plate movement.

Dutch drew these conclusions after studying how large earthquakes occur, following these massive solar flares.

The events coincided too often to be merely coincidental.

Signs in sun and moon and stars?? Hmmm....

We'll know how this all interacts one day. In the meantime, "There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

Our news report says ... that at least 90 people so far have perished.

The heart breaks seeing this news. Irma storm. the crisis in Mynma with the genocides again.

long Live Jehovah's kingdom

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."